Archived Lady having a Meltdown in Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as your jab at the Police, see your first point. Cops receive very little training in dealing with people with mental illness (seriously, I'm almost done with the Police academy and I got a whopping 12 hours of instruction on it), and yet they're the people who are called every time someone is having a mental health issue, even by the family of those who are suffering from it. Also, the idiot in Flordia who shot the caregiver is being charged for it.
As for the TPS having trouble with a woman half his size: people with mental illness and those high on drugs can be far more powerful than they appear. Many times the illness/drug dampens their pain receptors while overloading their adrenal system, causing a crazed 90 pound lady to be stronger than a normal 300 pound body-builder because they simply push their bodies beyond it's breaking point.

I can easily say there have been a couple of times when tiny, crack-addicted women have surprised me with their strength. I think it's important that you note that she was uninjured, and that's one reason that I think it took the TPS a while to subdue her on his own -- we're trained to use the LEAST amount of force possible. Yeah, it'd be a lot easier to full-strength body-slam someone into compliance, but in doing so you run the risk of injuring them. Subduing a combative subject while remaining controlled and limiting the amount of force and injury that you're doing to the subject is a lot harder than it seems. Don't laugh until you've tried it, I guess, is what I'm saying. ;)
- snip -
But I'm hoping the TPS's higher-ups are understanding and are willing to give the guy a little leeway here. The guest obviously needed to be removed from the store and was endangering others.

For my little "dig", it's the truth. My daughter has a mental disability, it started off pretty bad. There were so many horror stories of what happened when a teenager in her condition would have an uncontrollable meltdown caused by the disability, the parents would call the police because Officer Smith always responded and could always help the teen, and for the first time ever Officer Jones responded instead and shot the teen because he was a "threat". And it wasn't a couple of bad stories being circulated, it was not all that uncommon. For whatever reason many police officers can't evaluate a person's mental state on the fly and implement a plan to deescalate the situation, even though they have tons of training.

And yes, I do know that someone on drugs/complete breakdown demonstrates strength beyond all reason. It was still funny to watch though.

I also hope though that the TPS does get leeway, and that if he is fired or gets disciplinary action he goes public. That woman would definitely have hurt someone if nothing had been done, and public support could be enough to either save the TPS' job or land him a new one.

Tps should of left her alone. Eventually she would of attacked the wrong person thus getting knocked the fuck out

Since when does being under the influence get categorized as mentally ill?

I hope the lady gets the help shes needs. I also think this makes Spot look bad. The one guest kept asking isn't someone going to help him ( ap). We ( tms) know that we cant...but to the guests all they see is a bunch of red shirts standing around watching a guy tackle a wild lady .

I hope the lady gets the help shes needs. I also think this makes Spot look bad. The one guest kept asking isn't someone going to help him ( ap). We ( tms) know that we cant...but to the guests all they see is a bunch of red shirts standing around watching a guy tackle a wild lady .

Meh, they handled it pretty well. That guest is one of those annoying suburban mom's who probably went home and posted on facebook about it after writing a negative yelp review.

Did she really think no one called the police? Typical middle aged white housewife

The talkative bystander?

I don't think so...

What does race have to do with it?

How would a typical middle aged black housewife act?

How would a typical middle aged Chineese housewife act?

How would a typical middle aged Eskimo housewife act?

No one brought up race?

"I wonder what ever happens, when if a ETL-AP got promoted to STL would they be able to put hands on people?"

I'm pretty sure the answer to that is no.

When is society going to take care of you? You're as pointless as the suburban mom.
I don't fuck with other people so never

No, you're a troll. But that doesn't exclude you from being other things as well.
I don't think you know what a troll is. Trying to get a raise out you by going lolololol mad or the like would be trolling. Posting my opinions in a relevant thread, even if unpopular isn't trolling

I don't think you know what a troll is. Trying to get a raise out you by going lolololol mad or the like would be trolling. Posting my opinions in a relevant thread, even if unpopular isn't trolling
Raise? You mean rise?

I think you're a troll because you've escalated the outrageous things you say lately. I think you like the reaction. Or maybe I'm wrong and you're just an idiot with horrible opinions.

But gosh thanks so much for taking the time to try to explain what a troll is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back