Archived Late a few hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redshirtVy

Debit or Credit?
I'm wondering if there is any way I can be a few hours late to my shift because I have this spur of the moment thing to hand in at my school. Im scheduled to work this Friday at 11 a.m and an advisor told me I should hand in the paper for school on Friday at 1 p.m. Should I call in and say I'll be late or call in sick or something? I can still work on Friday, it's just the time that's messing me up.

You may as well just call out for the day. If you're really determined to work, yes, I suppose you could call and ask the LOD if it's possible for you to work 3 hours after the start of your shift, but either way it's going to count against your attendance.

I don't think you should call out. Talk to your TL or ETL and ask about coming in late. Maybe someone else would be able to come in early or stay later to cover your shift for a couple hours. It never hurts to ask.

I'd just tell them that you have something that you're required to deal with that day and it will conflict with your work schedule for a couple of hours, so you'll be a few hours late. Even though it'll still count against your attendance in one way or another, it's much better for your reputation to show up rather than just call out. Trust me, it makes a difference.

School is much more important. Let them know ahead of time and I'm sure they'll understand.

And if that doesn't work out, you can always ask to hand your paper in early.

If the advisor will not take it indirectly or under their door, then contact your store ASAP and let them know of the situation.

Yea, this can be solved easily with a discussion with your ETL-HR or your TL. You might be able to work around it, or figure out a shift swap.

My first instinct would be to tell you to go to your etl, tl, hr. Let them know whats going on and see what they can do and or suggest. You may also be able to get someone take the whole shift for you....by using the swaft swift board. Good luck!

:eek: Damn I'm gone for 12 hours and get a bunch of replies. The paper is more like a seat deposit so I have to hand it in directly. But thank you guys, so much. I'm going to talk to an ETL about it.

I have had to come in late during the winter because of the ice but that was weather related I don't know about this situation but you could always try to see if you can come in a few hours late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back