Archived Lateral Movements

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentCrow

Store Director
I was just wondering if your store is about to engage in lateral movements for TLs. I hear rumors in my store that January people will be moved around. Typically my store does this right after fourth quarter. Anyone else hearing rumors in this store?

I was just wondering if your store is about to engage in lateral movements for TLs. I hear rumors in my store that January people will be moved around. Typically my store does this right after fourth quarter. Anyone else hearing rumors in this store?
Yes, the movements have been announced at my store.

My store is being a little hush hush with it but people talk ;)

Had some movement through attrition and promotion throughout the year, so they will probably leave the rest where they are.

Every year... last year our strongest tl switched from hardlines to market to turn over a red process.

Also I notice this is a common time to manage out underperforming team leads.

My store did it. Almost every TL got moved around, even our ETL's had switched positions from ETL food to ETL-Sales Floor. I assume they'll be doing it again this year.

It happened a few years ago at my store. There are some movements and promotions about to occur, plus some TLs struggling in their areas, so moving people around would be a good idea.

It sounds like a good idea to me. One department at my day job did that once--moved all the team leaders around to lead other teams (if they wanted) so they were able to learn a different function. Gives people a chance to learn new things and show off new skills, as well as get some new blood/perspective into an area without having to start from scratch with a total noobie.

I'm hearing rumors of me moving to a new department which I would be happy about. I've done everything in my current position and would like to move on to something new.

Wonder if any of you hear that you'll be moving to a new department.

@HRZone, do under performing TL’s already “know” they are under performing or are they just terminated like taking off a bandage?? I’m curious because Leadership is handled differently than team members.

If you're under performing you should probably already be aware of how they feel about you. Multiple conversations about performance, department in the red, visit feedback, etc.

It's not easy terming regular team members even so it's not as easy as removing a band-aid.

Sad part is most of the time it's not even the TLs fault. They do the best they can with the limited resources they have.

@HRZone, do under performing TL’s already “know” they are under performing or are they just terminated like taking off a bandage?? I’m curious because Leadership is handled differently than team members.

Speaking for my store you can sense what's coming when you are on paper. We had a TL go on paper for not locking the safe (whoops). She just went on LOA and we have a feeling she isn't coming back.

The other thing is dtls often give a lot of specific feedback on departments on visits. Our softlines has been called out on visits quite a bit lately which is a sign our tl needs to step it up.

Sorry, @Him this is one area I'm not even close to knowledgeable on except for ASANTS.
In my store they did it every year but mostly management with some TMs.
The under performing tended to be culled on their own.

The other factors are store size & headcount. Spot loves to change your size, if you did not make sales, green depts & payroll.. my store has changed twice over the years.
Check your store facts sheet, please.
@Him

Last edited:
The other factors are store size & headcount. Spot loves to change your size, if you did not make sales, green depts & payroll.. my store has changed twice over the years.
Check your store facts sheet.
@Him

Yup we dropped org charts last year. @Bosch can relate. Lost our overnight process and then they said they would decrease head count by attrition but they ended up pulling our team leads to other stores.

So my store is near the bottom for guest feedback in our group, and it's rumored that one of the GSTLs could have their (gender neutral) head on the chopping block. Would it be likely to see GSTL moved to another area, or pushed out the door?

So my store is near the bottom for guest feedback in our group, and it's rumored that one of the GSTLs could have their (gender neutral) head on the chopping block. Would it be likely to see GSTL moved to another area, or pushed out the door?

Probably pushed out, or they can demote to a new position, but thats kind of shitty.

Check your store facts sheet, please.
@Him
Next time I go in I will. Not sure if it will update right now being since we’re still in 2017 though.

Next time I go in I will. Not sure if it will update right now being since we’re still in 2017 though.
The org chart will be the same for the entire year based on last years sales so it'll say right on the fact sheet what your sales were in 2016 and that's what 2017 org chart is based off of.

Reactions: Him
The org chart will be the same for the entire year based on last years sales so it'll say right on the fact sheet what your sales were in 2016 and that's what 2017 org chart is based off of.
Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back