Is it true?

• Yes

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either they'll be more chill to deal with or a more intoxicated a$$hole.
I'm guessing the latter.
Any other bad ideas, spot?

Is that a CityTarget? The article mentions a 24,000 sq foot space, which seems kinda small for a Target and huge if it's just the bar.

Edit: Apparently it will be a Target Express and the location is inside a former bar.

Last edited:
My girlfriend just asked about this and I thought she was making a bad joke. Wish she was.

Is that a CityTarget? The article mentions a 24,000 sq foot space, which seems kinda small for a Target and huge if it's just the bar.
It's in a downtown area with NO parking so most guests are pedestrians or taking a cab.

It's all fun and games until all the guests are drunk in a SuperTarget.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I noticed a store in my area, is adding a Starbucks and I see they are hiring for Starbucks evening team members who will be serving alcohol and therefore must be over 21. I live in a general suburban area and this is a standard prototype store so I thought this was interesting news.

I'm still waiting for the "soon you can drink wine while working" link @Target

God knows we all need this revamp.

I can see how this is a great idea to make more money (liquor sales) but ultimately lose money (aggravating drunks, someone serving a teen, massive returns from hung over guests)

Sure, I used to drunk shop after the bars closed but it aggravated the employees, especially when I got on the intercom system at Kroger.

I really don't want to tell a drunk that their credit card has been declined, or even think about the added stress on the bathrooms, and heaven forbid someone hurls because they drank too much. How do you cut people off when you don't want them to leave? How to ensure that they're not getting into a car after drinking? (we have a large parking lot) How do you keep the teetotalers happy when there are drunks around them? What about slip-n- falls when the guest is drunk?

Sounds great in theory - relax, have a lovely glass of wine, do some shopping, end the trip with a B-52 Frappuccino, call Uber. (would Starbucks and the bar pair up? That would be awesome, right)

"I only came in for ONE THING" is going to be replaced with "What the HELL did I BUY last night?!"
Drunk shopping will likely increase buyer's remorse.

Last edited:
It's just beer and wine. I checked it out on wb. As with sbux drinks, we would have to taste the beer and wine :). Not really sure how that would work.

I asked my STL about the posting today. He said he thought it was a mistake, so I am guessing the store won't really be serving alcohol. We will just have an expanded assortment of prepared food items that other Target Starbucks do not offer. I cannot imagine how it would have worked if we were serving beer and wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back