Archived Latest rumor at my store

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a nightmare. What are schedules going to look like for that week? Are we open all night Friday too?

Something like 6-245am Thursday, 12-845 Friday, 12-845 Saturday. But the Sunday beginning the week is another huge day too. Where are the hours and TMs going to come from? We don't even have any BR seasonal TMs yet!

I don't believe we will be open all Friday night into Saturday, as well. There is no way sales would warrant that stupidity.

So its confirmed we are opening at 6 p.m. news from my stl today

I have it on good word we are opening at 6 and it will be made public either tomorrow or Tuesday. Not 100% but incredibly likely.

At the huddle this morning, my STL and ETL-HR said they still didn't know yet when we're opening.

They are lying. I know our ETL/STL team had their planning meeting a week ago. They know what time, they just haven't told us.. They are going to have to know this week, cause I do believe that is the next schedule to be written.

I would be shocked at this point if isn't 6. My stl isn't usually very open about such things but even she this year is being pretty open about it "likely" and to "prepare" for a 6 start time.

It's gonna be 6pm. And the sad embarrassing thing is that Target hasn't even told its employees the truth yet. That just shows how much of a shit piece Target is as a company. Yes, you heard me. Target isn't even a piece of shit anymore. It's a shit piece. I wish this company would just go under for good and free all of the employees from their misery from working at this dump of a company.

This is going to be a nightmare. What are schedules going to look like for that week? Are we open all night Friday too?

Something like 6-245am Thursday, 12-845 Friday, 12-845 Saturday. But the Sunday beginning the week is another huge day too. Where are the hours and TMs going to come from? We don't even have any BR seasonal TMs yet!

8 hour shifts? !?! We've had to do 10-12 hour shifts on this evil day for the last 3 years! And this year they are taking our temporary availability and asking if you can do split shifts. This will be a nightmare indeed and damn the extra dollar its nothing to start with and is even less after taxes.

It depends on the store honestly. Some stores do 8 hr shifts some do 10 shifts. I think it just depends on how many bodies they need in each department. I always did 8 hr shifts but I also have heard of other stores in the district doing 10 hr shifts so again it just depends on how many bodies they need. I think that extra 2 hrs would kill me TBH...... I mean 8 hrs is brutal it is so dead walking about doing nothing and a extra 2 hrs eeks I would be falling asleep in domestics lol

I, for one, am looking forward to 2-3 hours of insanity followed by 7-8 hours of sweeping the backroom. *sigh* Please let this be my last holiday season in retail, please please please.

It depends on the store honestly. Some stores do 8 hr shifts some do 10 shifts. I think it just depends on how many bodies they need in each department. I always did 8 hr shifts but I also have heard of other stores in the district doing 10 hr shifts so again it just depends on how many bodies they need. I think that extra 2 hrs would kill me TBH...... I mean 8 hrs is brutal it is so dead walking about doing nothing and a extra 2 hrs eeks I would be falling asleep in domestics lol

It is definitely a killer. Especially because after the first 2-3 hours there are no guests in the store until the hell shift is just about over.

I just read Jcpennys is opening at 5pm. When do people even having dinner anymore? It's like they skip Thanksgiving dinner to go shopping! Its THANKSGIVING for crying out loud. This country has totally lost perspective of what's important. Got to save that 5 dollars on a toaster!

True dat! Sooner or later we will be fatty fat fatties sitting in our hover chairs all day long watching TV.

I was asked today if I would be available to come in at either 3 or 4PM Thursday and stay until 230AM. Will be a long day that's for sure.

How about we stop calling it Black Friday? Lets be honest its more like Greedy Thursday or You're Our Bitch Thursday? It needs a name that more accurately describes it.

I think retailers should lose the right to call it Black "FRIDAY" if they open and have doorbusters and deals on thursday

It is definitely a killer. Especially because after the first 2-3 hours there are no guests in the store until the hell shift is just about over.

Your stores must not have many guests after the intial line.....After 4 hours into my shift we had a ton of people last year

I was asked today if I would be available to come in at either 3 or 4PM Thursday and stay until 230AM. Will be a long day that's for sure.

3PM????? O_O

spit-take.gif

So if everyone will check there etl and stl schedules this month it says on there for thursday 6 to 6 or 6 to 4 for some.

The Government should put laws in place that Non-Vital industries are required by law to give their workers the day off on thanksgiving, this would end the madness, at least until 12:00am at night.
Some state governments already have. I don't know off the top of my head which states have but typically you'll see in the press release something along the lines of "stores in ______ will be opening at 12 am (or whatever else time)". That's typically because the stores in those states can't be open early because of state laws.

The Government should put laws in place that Non-Vital industries are required by law to give their workers the day off on thanksgiving, this would end the madness, at least until 12:00am at night.
Some state governments already have. I don't know off the top of my head which states have but typically you'll see in the press release something along the lines of "stores in ______ will be opening at 12 am (or whatever else time)". That's typically because the stores in those states can't be open early because of state laws.

If I remember correctly, Massachusetts stores don't open until 1AM because of such a law.

I wish I was a minor LOL Am I correct minors can't work past 10 PM ( even if it is a non school day) I do not know the labor laws LOL

Black Friday is a joke. Almost all of the "doorbuster" are available online Thursday morning.
Last year I bought three doorbusters for my adult kids from Target.com on Thursday morning, or it might even have been Wednesday night - can't remember.
My store had a total of two of that item, which were gone before I could have had a chance of buying them. Black Friday is a bad joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back