Archived Leaders! Redcard Incentives/Engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSTL4LIFE

GSTL
Leaders! As I'm sure we all know, redcards are making a big comeback!
Any ideas on how to get cashiers back into the swing of asking for redcards and pushing them again? Any ideas of games/incentives for cashiers getting a redcard? Any ideas on how to get the sales floor team involved?
Any and all ideas are appriciated!

Leaders! As I'm sure we all know, redcards are making a big comeback!
Any ideas on how to get cashiers back into the swing of asking for redcards and pushing them again? Any ideas of games/incentives for cashiers getting a redcard? Any ideas on how to get the sales floor team involved?
Any and all ideas are appriciated!

Cashiers want incentives. I did a prize box and the cashiers loved it. Sometimes you got free cafe/Starbucks, some times you got one spot stuff, sometimes I threw in switch jobs [You watch the lanes and I cashier for 10 minutes]

Cashiers want incentives. I did a prize box and the cashiers loved it. Sometimes you got free cafe/Starbucks, some times you got one spot stuff, sometimes I threw in switch jobs [You watch the lanes and I cashier for 10 minutes]
Hahaha I love the last one that's so good. But yes TANGIBLE rewards work well. Also a thank you in person not over the walkie (but I do like the walkie bc then the ETLs know I got one). As for sales floor team have them sell it with my checkout.

So, I started brainstorming. Thoughts? I would like four more choices...I want to get to a total of 10 choices for the team member that gets a redcard. They'd draw a number and they'd get the prize with the corresponding number.

1. Free Starbucks Drink
2. Free Drink and Food Item from Food Ave.
3. Extra 10 Minute Break (Designated by Leader)
4. Two Items from OneSpot
5. Two Red Tickets ($1 per ticket)
6. Choice of one Candy Item/Bag of Chips/Drink from Front Lanes

Used to be our GSTL would enter you into a raffle for one of the stuffed toy Bullseye dogs. People started trying to compete to collect the best ones. Whoever had the most cards had the monthly dog on their register.

There are only so many redcards possible. Regulars have them. If you don’t have an influx of new people in your area there are only so many possible. Like the task expectations the realities have to be considered. Prizes are irrelevant.

$5 movie
12 pack of soda/8 pack of Gatorade/case of water
$5 g/c
$5 merchandise of TMs choice

Curious, where are you getting the $$$ for this and how did you get leadership on board with this?

There are only so many redcards possible. Regulars have them. If you don’t have an influx of new people in your area there are only so many possible. Like the task expectations the realities have to be considered. Prizes are irrelevant.

THIS. I haven't managed to get an app since February, despite asking everyone, letting them know how much they could be saving, etc. And I get really annoyed at the drive to get everyone to sign up. There is only so much we can do.

I had a co-TM who actually bullied guests into signing up, and I suspected her of getting them to do so under fraudulent information. I remember one guest in particular who told me that when she told "the other cashier" that her credit was too poor to be applied, that "other cashier" started filling things in on the credit card reader for her. The only other cashier on a lane during this conversation was the bully. I saw another guest come to GS in an absolute RAGE demanding that we cancel the Redcard that this particular cashier bullied him into getting - that one took hours over at least two visits because of a language barrier and the guest's attitude. And he called out the bully by name. The bully is no longer at my store, and I have wondered if it was related.

On average only 18% of transactions are red cards. I know that’s probably the only people that want them but still fun fact

So, I started brainstorming. Thoughts? I would like four more choices...I want to get to a total of 10 choices for the team member that gets a redcard. They'd draw a number and they'd get the prize with the corresponding number.

1. Free Starbucks Drink
2. Free Drink and Food Item from Food Ave.
3. Extra 10 Minute Break (Designated by Leader)
4. Two Items from OneSpot
5. Two Red Tickets ($1 per ticket)
6. Choice of one Candy Item/Bag of Chips/Drink from Front Lanes
Looks great to me. I’d also throw in a special one for bullseye dog stuffed animal of choice (partner with leaders to make sure that’s ok to order)

On average only 18% of transactions are red cards. I know that’s probably the only people that want them but still fun fact

around 33% of my store's sales last year came from REDcard guests, and there's stores in my district that are close 40%. everyone who wants a REDcard HAS a REDcard...

Looks great to me. I’d also throw in a special one for bullseye dog stuffed animal of choice (partner with leaders to make sure that’s ok to order)

Thinking of this-how does one make this happen? I have TMs that want these as a prize.

Sometime we play "hot potato" with a prize. Like a Target dog plush, or a gift bag. The prize goes to whoever was last to get a red card. It doesn't always work depending on scheduling. You'll need multiple prizes for your morning, mid, and closers.

We've set goals, and if we met our goal for the day or week, we get to "dress up" the LOD. So if you get a redcard, you get to pick a funny item for the ETL to wear. Lots of fun during halloween.

Free T-shirts.

Curious, where are you getting the $$$ for this and how did you get leadership on board with this?

If my store okays a prize incentive, it is typically $5 or less and would never be given to TM anytime they get a RC. Maybe if they get 3 in a shift or xx amount in a week but never one prize per RC. My store is stingy with $ for rewards and tbh, for catering too. When I read about what some of you get for Black Friday or certain Q4 weekends, I'm amazed. Doesn't happen in my store.

around 33% of my store's sales last year came from REDcard guests, and there's stores in my district that are close 40%. everyone who wants a REDcard HAS a REDcard...
That’s pretty impressive! My stores 19% and my district is around 18%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back