leadership?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now. Take a deep breath, please. Things can be different outside of ap. Sl owns by soul is cool. Please respect that. Follow bp & "hope" they are the best options for new tm's. Other workcenters could have a different perspective on your workcenter.

Obviously he isn't THAT cool if he is gonna sit there and INSULT me.....

And it's not in AP that I have seen this done. It's with sales floor and other workcenters. And I HATE AP/TPS. Target assets protection is a frigging joke which is why I'm leaving it next month...

Ap has alot of opps for you. It sounds stl is doing a ae09 at your store. Besides, getting spot on your resume' can lead to opps outside of spot.

Please find the law that says we are not able to give tasks to team members they can not accomplish, oh grow up and stop taking everything so personal.

Stupid rules... ************ YOU. No employer can give an employee a task they cannot complete FOR THE PURPOSE OF GETTING THEM FIRED!!!!

Here's the deal: If you can't meet the job requirements in the Core Roles, they can term you. If you can't do something that they're asking you to do, they should coach you and help you develop, but they have the right to terminate your employment. It can be decided that a TM is "low-potential" within the first 90 days of your employment (the learning period). During this 90 day period, you can be termed for being an unsatisfactory team member, whether it seems fair or not. You're on thin ice for that entire 90 day period, and any screw-up or incompetence can cause you to be termed.

The handbook only says "No supervisor may require or imply that you should act in an unethical or dishonest manner." There is no mention of anything regarding what type of work your supervisor can assign you, provided it's in your Core Roles.

NOP not our problem made the situation a little vague, so it's not fair to jump to conclusions about whether or not it's legal. Unethical? It certainly seems that way, but it's not breaking any federal or state laws as far as we can tell with the information given to us.

The bottom line is, YOU chose to work for this multinational corporation. YOU signed the agreement to be bound by Target's terms of employment. Target reserves the right to terminate any employee that does not meet their standards of employment.

If they think you should be termed, you will be termed.

EvanM07, if you have any compelling evidence that such practices are illegal, please feel free to post them. If you post any more unconstructive, inflammatory remarks, I'm suspending you.

Whatever.... Ur all fkin brainwashed.... Try opening your eyes.... I just contacted my families lawyer and he did say that if someone were fired by target because they were given a task they couldn't complete that target can be sued for it. I hate anyone who stands up for big business. I don't support t. Sure I work for the ************ty company butthats because they were the only ones to call me back about an application when I desperately needed a job. This company is a joke. And I don't understand why so many of it's employees support it. Almost EVERYONE at my store hates target and want toget out but because this county's economy is so crappy they can't get jobs elsewhere.

So... Whatever I'm done with this topic. If you feel suspedning me is a good idea after this then go for it. It shows poor judgement in your part by silencing someone who is outspoken and then you would be just like every other big corporate type of person. Just taking their side and doing what try always do, hold someone down and tryto deny them their first amendment right. Whatever. I don't care anymore. Hopefully none of you fall victim to targets evil ways but you might so good luck.

... Just taking their side and doing what try always do, hold someone down and tryto deny them their first amendment right.
(emphasis mine)

Just have to chime in on this one, it's a sticking point with me. 1st amendment rights only apply between a citizen and a government body. They DO NOT(generally) apply between private parties.

(emphasis mine)

Just have to chime in on this one, it's a sticking point with me. 1st amendment rights only apply between a citizen and a government body. They DO NOT(generally) apply between private parties.

Actually yes it does. No one person has the right to impede my right to freedom of speech.

Okay Evan, here's what I think we are all thinking. Giving TMs tasks that we KNOW they cannot complete for the purpose of terming them is unethical and something that I would like to believe does not happen, illegal is questionable part. But I support your argument that it should not be happening.

Do we all LOVE target, yes and no. I think that most all of us like our jobs, at least most of the time. Do we love corporate, different question! Many of us think that some of corp's requests, expectations, mandates, policies, etc. are laughable since they are so far removed from the store level. Are there things I would change? yes, but I wouldn't say that I hate the company that I work for.

And what everyone is angry about, not just EvanM07, but also SL owns my soul, NOP not our problem, and others have turned this thread into a toxic argument and turned this so personal. This forum is for us to learn and this topic is pertinent to that mission, however, the style in which this thread has gone is not doing anyone here any good.

We are here to vent, learn, and discuss work-related policies, and practices. We are not here to insult and attack each other!

Actually yes it does. No one person has the right to impede my right to freedom of speech.

I'll be the first to defend your right to speak your mind. One's right to express themselves is a fundamental basis for the creation of this country. I even agree to an extent to your disdain towards corporations as a whole and their current overpowering involvement in our lives.

However, just because you have a right to say whatever you want does not give you a right to say it wherever you want. Furthermore, there are certain limitations in place on the 1st amendment for the benefit of society. You do not have the right to yell "FIRE!" in a crowded theater, to bear false witness in a courtroom, to libel someone's business, to slander someone's character, etc... There is established law and cases in every court in the country that will show that the freedoms of the 1st amendment are not absolute. Formina Sage holds exclusive rights to these forums and can censor whoever they so choose for whatever reasons they see fit. At no time did you ever enter into an agreement expressly stating your right to post anything you wanted and as such have no expectation to do so. I've run a multi-national forum before with over 4,000 members and all the legal situations that it encompasses. I don't claim to be an expert at anything here, but I do have plenty of practical experience.

Wow guys great fricken way to treat a fellow team member... You two sound like a$$holes.... NOP I'm fairly certain that's illegal under the fair business practices... and Stupid rules.... You just sound like a jerk....

How about some positive and constructive help/criticism like what hlm offered rather than being jerks ;)

No I've got no idea what goes on during an exec meeting nor do I give a flying monkeys anus. What I'm saying is it's ILLEGAL for an employer to PURPOSELY give an employee tasks in which they know the employee cannot complete so that they can fire them.... I'd like to know what store you work at so that I can report you and the store leadership to the better business bureau and to corporate.....

Softlines owns my soul.... You're a DOUCHE. I know how the frigging Internet works. Probably use it more than you have. You're just a whiney little girl looking for an excuse to b**ch and complain about whatever you can. I made multiple posts e sued I didn't FEEL like going back and editing a post to add more info. Plus another post holds more weight and shows that the person had yet another thing to say. And the fact that t shows that someone edited a post can make them look like they're incompetent and that their first post was full of mistakes and that they had to go back and fix them.

And back tothe topic at hand.... I know KNOW the federal or state laws prohibiting it, but I sure as hell know it exists somewhere under the federal labor laws and one or two of the fair labor acts out there. I don't care what any of you spineless kids think. If there is something wrong going on should there not be something done about it? Are we seriously supposed to lay back and take it (the original post was more profane)? I don't think so. That's the lazy b*tch way to go about it. Man up (More edited-out profanity) and get something accomplished rather than sittinghere and letting it happen. I've seen this gonon at my store a few tomes and noe that I hear from NOP that it's happened at his and others, well then something needs to be done. But I can see you are all complacent with the BS that happens around you and only care Bout your damn selves. You don't care about the innocent employee who is just there to do some work and get a paycheck. Not everyone who works for Target wants to be a TL or ETL, and should not be punished for that. Just cause they shoe low POTENTIAL doesn't mean they should be termed. And I know you all keep ranting on about how I'm wrong with what I'm saying BUT IM NOT! I know what I am talking about. Seen it happen and now know it's happening elsewhere. So please... PLEASE stop telling me I'm WRONG because I'm NOT.

Stupid rules... ************ YOU. No employer can give an employee a task they cannot complete FOR THE PURPOSE OF GETTING THEM FIRED!!!!

Whatever.... Ur all fkin brainwashed.... Try opening your eyes.... I just contacted my families lawyer and he did say that if someone were fired by target because they were given a task they couldn't complete that target can be sued for it. I hate anyone who stands up for big business. I don't support t. Sure I work for the ************ty company butthats because they were the only ones to call me back about an application when I desperately needed a job. This company is a joke. And I don't understand why so many of it's employees support it. Almost EVERYONE at my store hates target and want toget out but because this county's economy is so crappy they can't get jobs elsewhere.

So... Whatever I'm done with this topic. If you feel suspedning me is a good idea after this then go for it. It shows poor judgement in your part by silencing someone who is outspoken and then you would be just like every other big corporate type of person. Just taking their side and doing what try always do, hold someone down and tryto deny them their first amendment right. Whatever. I don't care anymore. Hopefully none of you fall victim to targets evil ways but you might so good luck.

Protip: I don't suspend people for speaking their minds - what do you think this website is for? I do think that it is entirely possible to speak your mind without resorting to infantile, needless profanities.

Do you realize that about half the people who have commented on this topic have agreed that NOP's practice is wrong? I don't know why you seem to be arguing with everyone b/c most people would be on your side if you would back up a bit.

NOP was not specific on what was meant by the practice of giving people tasks they can not complete. As it was stated, if this meant giving them tasks they have been trained on and still cannot perform adequately, then Target probably could not be sued. If he means they are giving TMs the task of mapping out and setting SPLs for all of domestics while making sure its signed properly, yeah, that might be getting into a gray area. But right now, you don't know what he meant. He might have been exaggerating the situation for emphasis.

Calm down. Nothing that is said on here is going to end up in court anyway. There are more important soapboxes you can jump on closer to home, I'm sure.

Thank you Formina. Evan is extremely rude and has lodged several personal insults my way.

Also to misterlogistics, I have no idea why you were so keen on defending someone who has done nothing but act inappropriately on this site. He has been cursing and making a fuss.

Last edited:
EVAN
Be cool.
We're going to be like a bunch of Fonzies here. And what is Fonzie like?
Correctemundo, he's cool.
So be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Once a team member signs off on their learning plan they become accountable for everything in it. I would never ask a sf tm to do lets say a manual auto of paper, you know why I wouldn't ask? Because it wasn't on their learning plan. Seems you may have missed the point here.

One more thing, when you quit your rent-a-cop job at target consider deleting your account for this forum.

[mod]Let's get this back on topic, or I'll have to close the thread.[/mod]

It's called playing to someone's weaknesses.
It's only leadership to those folks who are just out of college and don't understand that Machiavelli wrote the The Prince as a parody.
So WM (Wannabe Machiavelli) has a low performer who has been working for him for while and a new go getter comes on board.
WM starts assigning the LP only the jobs he knows LP hates and is does not do well with the caveat that "they've been here long enough, they should know how to do it, no coaching should be needed by now."
WM assigns gogetter to LP a couple of times to show him how not to do the job.
TA da leadership.

Due to no response from op, it is suggested to close this thread. Various off topics & disagreements have occurred that nothing to do with the original question posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back