Leadership

Sorry I have to rant... I’ve been on the bench for a year... also I’ve been doing everything they’ve been telling me to do.. throwing everything at me even doing the job for a week and even doing the job why’ll they keep throwing more stuff at me well the position finally opened up the SETL position is up and it’s been open 2 other times and filled them both times have been a bust the front end lead and team both think I should be the lead also the other do as well... well to get to the point I’m almost at the point where I’m gonna ask for a transfer I’m pretty sure our SD is sexist as well she’s only hired female leads except one.. thanks for listening and I’ll take any advice

You may want to speak to your ETL and SD about why they would bench you but not give you placement for positions that fall under your skill set. If you've been on the bench one year and your desired lead position has opened up twice then it seems like 2 things to me

1. Your executive team wants to promote you, but just not in your home work center.

2. They may have some hesitation with moving you forward

It was explained to me that the whole point of being on the bench is so that they have team leads ready to go when positions open up, even though that doesn't always promise you'll get it, but still.

You need to have a very transparent talk with your uppers and find out WHY you're not moving up.

Look in the workday app for opening if you are considering transferring, you could apply for the position from there, at least see what there is an opening for. Store leadership (ETL) above are essentially given a quota, develop such many TM's into TL or beyond shows that you are doing well. Well this year was quite the exception considered, haha. The term "bench" is no longer used as it once was, having been on that bench for over a year myself! It definitely will inflate some heads, are you inflated? Don't loose sight of what you want, but don't stop showing off either! The system in place as it is now doesn't make it as easy as it once was, I agree, but if you are the front line of guest interaction, stop from calling a lead as much as you can, if that means telling the guest some truth too. " I will call the manager if you like, but I'm telling you they won't tell you any different than what I just told/offered for you"!!! Make them happy, get good NPS comments and the time will come you interview, have it ready. keep it all printed out and refer to it if you really want that SETL position, you'll have a bunch of positive comments and never need you Lead to follow up or have your back, you'll make them look good for a while, but don't be discouraged, they'll know who really did it if you stay consistent!

Look in the workday app for opening if you are considering transferring, you could apply for the position from there, at least see what there is an opening for. Store leadership (ETL) above are essentially given a quota, develop such many TM's into TL or beyond shows that you are doing well. Well this year was quite the exception considered, haha. The term "bench" is no longer used as it once was, having been on that bench for over a year myself! It definitely will inflate some heads, are you inflated? Don't loose sight of what you want, but don't stop showing off either! The system in place as it is now doesn't make it as easy as it once was, I agree, but if you are the front line of guest interaction, stop from calling a lead as much as you can, if that means telling the guest some truth too. " I will call the manager if you like, but I'm telling you they won't tell you any different than what I just told/offered for you"!!! Make them happy, get good NPS comments and the time will come you interview, have it ready. keep it all printed out and refer to it if you really want that SETL position, you'll have a bunch of positive comments and never need you Lead to follow up or have your back, you'll make them look good for a while, but don't be discouraged, they'll know who really did it if you stay consistent!
Thanks need that feeling deflated at the moment!

Back