Archived Leading Flexible Fulfillment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any tips for leading SFS? Time limits for picking/packing? Grouping batches? When should they ask for help? Do they also pick OPU? Since the scores have been raised been having issues with fulfillment. Especially in Softlines. I've had issues with some of this before but was able to fix it. I've changed some routines and have held the team responsible especially when it's not picked or packed on time. Etl wants the team to not ask for help. Which I understand to a point but sometimes it's needed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Flexible Fullfillment is still so new and is continually evolving so it's somewhat difficult to predict trends. Having an ETL tell a team to not ask for help occasionally while under these circumstances is a bit confusing.

Time limits:
Regular due today orders can drop until 1pm. They need to be picked and scanned into the pack station by 2pm. They need to be packed by 4:30pm.

Rush orders can drop until 3pm (I think) and need to be picked and packed by 4:30pm. There used to be different timing for that if you're on eastern time, but the other time zones are all the same.

Grouping batches:
The first person in the morning should be the one to batch the orders so they can get an idea of how many there are. Then I usually leave it until the system automatically batches again at 10:05am, unless a lot is dropping in. Try not to make super tiny batches, because it's a waste of time to constantly run back and forth across the store instead of letting a few orders build up and getting everything in one run.

Asking for help:
That's just something the team will have to get a feel for. Stress to them that there is no excuse for not being green for picked or packed on time, and to ask for help if they think they need it.

It can be frustrating how uneven and unpredictable the workload can be, and every leader in the building needs to understand that and be prepared to offer support when needed. Our DTL is huge on green metrics for everything related to Target.com, so store leadership is completely on board with giving us whatever we need to get it done.

OPU:
That's up to your store. Corporate keeps flipping back and forth on who is supposed to be doing it, so I'm not sure what the current stance is. We do around 200 OPU orders per week, and SFS is able to keep on top of it. We have the LOD do it or delegate it to a TL at night.

Fulfillment:
Use the RFID equipment!! This helps an unbelievable amount! Every item in softlines and most items in domestics/bed/bath should be tagged. I find it most helpful in finding girls and boys clothing mixed up, hanging softlines in the various parts of our backroom, and softlines and domestics items that are sitting unlocated in a BR location.

They also need to get in a routine every time they can't find something. Mine goes like this:
- find where the item is supposed to be
- check similar items nearby and check endcaps or other possible nearby hiding spots
- type in the DPCI in item search, click the button at the top right, go to instocks. See if the item was received or pulled recently, make sure it's not on clearance, and make sure it doesn't have a negative on-hand count. Zero on-hand is perfectly fine, it just means that you should have zero after fulfilling the order.
- use the RFID reader around the area if it's a tagged item
- continue picking the batch and do these last steps at the end:
- check the backroom and use the RFID reader back there as well
- do all of the above in a timely manner and don't spend 30 minutes wandering the store for one item. It could always have been a mispick or stolen
- write down the DPCI, and research it to zero (wait at least 5 minutes after completing the batch for the item to drop back into the on-hands).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back