Archived Leaving Retail for Retail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want to ask this. I put no retail , not even the slightest hint that I have worked in a retail environment on my professional resume. I only put the projects I have for some productions (NBC, All Entertainment Inc, etc...) and of course my legal videography job with VCE Inc. Along with my education and so forth. But I was wondering even for entry level positions, should I include anything else? If anyone wants to have a look at my resume, private message me, I am always looking for ways to improve it. Also State of Target, don't apologize, you harshness is what I needed to read/hear and what we all need to hear. Sometimes a swift kick in the ass gets the ball rolling lol.

I do want to ask this. I put no retail , not even the slightest hint that I have worked in a retail environment on my professional resume. I only put the projects I have for some productions (NBC, All Entertainment Inc, etc...) and of course my legal videography job with VCE Inc. Along with my education and so forth. But I was wondering even for entry level positions, should I include anything else? If anyone wants to have a look at my resume, private message me, I am always looking for ways to improve it. Also State of Target, don't apologize, you harshness is what I needed to read/hear and what we all need to hear. Sometimes a swift kick in the ass gets the ball rolling lol.

This could be a good idea only if your other work history does not leave "gaps"..... If you have periods where it looks like you had no job at all, this is red flag to employers because they wonder WTF was going on? Did you get fired suddenly? Why did you have a job and then suddenly not have one at all? How were you paying your bills? In other words, they will know something is up.

But if you can do this without creating any gaps, I think putting those professional jobs on and leaving Target off definitely looks better.

Good Point. Well most of these were contracted jobs (films sets, stage hand, etc...), which I did point that out, so they will not question why it only last a month or two. The only gap was the the news cast job, but I was still in college during that time.

http://brianmichaelhenderson.com/
I went to school wih this guy looks like he's doing something right Lat time I talked to him he was going from job to job in la. My suggestion keep working on your resume and reel. From your experience I think you can do more commercial work. To what positions have you been applying for? I got a job as a production assistant on a feature and by the end I was wardrobe supervisor. Even if your just applying for smaller roles it's at least something

I have mainly been applying for editor, camera operator and broadcast jobs, a/v tech as well. And yea I was a production assistant on the one film I worked on back in September but after a week I was promoted to G&E. And yes, there are no small roles, just small people (or something like that lol).

I have mainly been applying for editor, camera operator and broadcast jobs, a/v tech as well. And yea I was a production assistant on the one film I worked on back in September but after a week I was promoted to G&E. And yes, there are no small roles, just small people (or something like that lol).

I'm in the same boat. I'd rather keep my job at Target, making a decent hourly wage while gaining job experience to put on my resume. I have several friends who are in my field who are unemployed, can't find any job, and are lazy.

Yea, one thing you can't be in this field is lazy when applying. That is just asking to be shoved out the door. But hopefully soon I will be walking/strutt'n out in style of khaki and red and into my slacks and polo (or whatever the dress code will be for my potential employer in the media field)

Ck with your local government, they may have jobs too in public safety. Doing training videos or crime scene stuff. If you have some computer skills, create an app for iPad using the camera or making a function better...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back