Archived Let’s get together, Yea yea yea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcePeasant

Flock Leader
What are some team builds you have been apart of? At the end of next month it’ll be my first one so I’m curious as to what other TLs/ETLs have done.

Back in the day, (I'm old), we all went out to eat at a restaurant for one of our Team Leader Builds. We celebrated the best performer, newly appointed (me and someone else) at the time, and basically mingled. Good to see your fellow colleagues let there "hair" down. Another team build we had was @ David and Busters.

We’ve only had 2 in the last 2 years at the store I’m at. One when I started at the store and one just a few months ago. It seems like I recall them being more frequent before. We have a new STL coming in so maybe she’ll care more about team building than the last one

I went on one with my last store but the store I'm at hasn't done one since I've been here.

Generally we hosted our own pool party team build where we pooled funds and had a huge cookout.

We had some cheap stls force us to go bowling.

Had a few great stls take us to NFL games and pay for beers.

Ultimately the best ones were always the ones we planned and executed ourselves.

Reactions: Him
Since I've been with Target, I've never seen the TLs involved in any Team Building activities..... But the STL takes the ETLs to pro ballgames, golf, recline & dine movies, etc.
I used to "be required" to attend the Team Building at my last company. I dreaded, DREADED it !!!!! I still connected w/ the same Leaders that I did during the week, I did NOT suddenly become pals with the Leaders that I didn't like. I understand that the STL "hopes" that their Team will become more united during the activity.... but it's been my experience, that the "cliques" remain the same. Feels like Junior High all over again!! o_O

At my store, the tl's have their own, the etls have theirs. The stl doesn't go to the ones where there will be drinking involved, due to that being weird. But they usually just go out to dinner

We’ve only had 2 in the last 2 years at the store I’m at. One when I started at the store and one just a few months ago. It seems like I recall them being more frequent before. We have a new STL coming in so maybe she’ll care more about team building than the last one
I believe the expectation is yearly.

In 2016, we didn't do anything at all. Only towards the end of my last STL's reign did we start to do anything again. I wasn't a lead at my old store but it seemed like they did them frequently almost like quarterly.

I overheard them saying every quarter but we’ll see how that goes.

Wondering if some stores not having it.. is that allocated budget going back into ETL's pockets... not biased towards ETL's.. just curious is all

I can’t imagine ETLs can get that budget in their pockets without being noticed by anyone at HQ that’s downright fraud

I can’t imagine ETLs can get that budget in their pockets without being noticed by anyone at HQ that’s downright fraud

Yup team building activities are supposed to be paid for with the P Card that only ETL HR and STL get. It also has to be reconciled at the end of each month.

So @HRZone if this card is not used for these team builds, which some are saying hasn't occurred at their stores, what is this card Actually being used for? I doubt it is just "collecting dust" in the possession of said Etl HR or STL's offices... No disrespect towards you personally, just gathering information for us all.

So @HRZone if this card is not used for these team builds, which some are saying hasn't occurred at their stores, what is this card Actually being used for? I doubt it is just "collecting dust" in the possession of said Etl HR or STL's offices... No disrespect towards you personally, just gathering information for us all.

Anything actually. We have used it to buy food at Costco for the team. Poster boards at kinkos. Etc. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back