Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Have a question for anyone that might know but does anyone know what the On Premi means I’m guessing this report was either printed on mytime/Kronos or workday but not sure apparently there’s only 1 person marked as that as well
It's "on premises." So at whatever time the report was pulled, anyone currently punched in will flag as on premises

Speaking of movie vendors, my store just got a new one. On the bright side, they actually stock stuff. On the not-so-bright side, they've downright refused to put keepers (or any merch protection) on movies because "well you guys don't eat the loss if it gets stolen, right?"
Having to go back and secure stuff after the fact is almost worse than not having them stock stuff...

AP told us to only protect Disney/Marvel 4K and Blu-Ray since we still own them. SBT discs can grow legs and walk out the door as far as we are concerned. The interesting thing will be what we will be doing with 20th Century Fox discs since they are now owned by Disney.

AP told us to only protect Disney/Marvel 4K and Blu-Ray since we still own them. SBT discs can grow legs and walk out the door as far as we are concerned. The interesting thing will be what we will be doing with 20th Century Fox discs since they are now owned by Disney.
I agree with that idea, AP for us just said "be consistent for the guest" so their verdict was to continue protecting as normal since it counts toward our sales as well as the vendor's sales.

Glad we got rid of keepers for movies when the transition manual said we could ditch them.

Our AP told me he's not even allowed to stop people who are stealing movies anymore since the majority are vendor owned.

Last edited:
I'd advise you guys to beg your STL / ETL HR to schedule like two people at least before store open one day for the two week out to do the TV wall. BDS isn't involved in this one, it's purely up to us / can partner with GM if needed.

There's absolutely no way you're changing out a 65 inch TV on the top bracket when the store's open lol. I managed to get something sorted out.

Electronics like never makes sales, but I'm just fucking mad because target NEVER gets and continues to stock what people want. We want AirPods. We want Go Pros. We want Nintendo Switches. We want accessories for other than iPhone and Apple Watch. We want better laptops. We want Anker. We DONT want Chromebooks. Make this a mini fucking Best Buy bitch... Target is fucking late on EVERYTHING. Don't just NOW carry the Pokemon gotcha 3 years after Pokemon go boom... Get us legit game cases with more than 5 games. Get some real ass unlocked phones rather than those Android 4 ass BLU pieces of shit. Literally the only thing people come to Target electronics for is TV's so they can pay 5% less.. Make them want to come because we would have what they want...

My store is lucky to make sales goal a handful of times in a month. However, we are continually crushing comp sales. Because we are now guest-centric consultants the company thinks we can pull sales out of our asses. We do need a better product line up and more realistic sales goals.

I dont know what you're talking my store carries a lot of Go Pros, Switches and carry Anker, And Airpods are a supply issue with Apple.That's their issue. Sounds like your store sucks

Electronics like never makes sales, but I'm just fucking mad because target NEVER gets and continues to stock what people want. We want AirPods. We want Go Pros. We want Nintendo Switches. We want accessories for other than iPhone and Apple Watch. We want better laptops. We want Anker. We DONT want Chromebooks. Make this a mini fucking Best Buy bitch... Target is fucking late on EVERYTHING. Don't just NOW carry the Pokemon gotcha 3 years after Pokemon go boom... Get us legit game cases with more than 5 games. Get some real ass unlocked phones rather than those Android 4 ass BLU pieces of shit. Literally the only thing people come to Target electronics for is TV's so they can pay 5% less.. Make them want to come because we would have what they want...

We've got cases of switches. Getting those isn't a problem. Electronics having the time to keep them stocked on the floor....that's an issue.

We do need some better laptop models though. The 32GB memory with Celeron Processor Chromebooks aint cutting it. Those have their place, but we need some bread and butter laptops in there too. i5 processor, 1TB HDD. Oh and most importantly: WINDOWS. You know. The good stuff.

I think what we truly need is for cooperate to realize we can't be both the most guest centric work center in the store and be end to end. If cooperate truly believes "every minute spent away from a guest first workcenter is a minute wasted to connect with our guests" (actual quote is in the Q2 guidelines) then why are they having us do our own backstock, pull our own fillgroups, pull batches for our revisions, and etc.? Don't get me wrong the workload is finishable and a non issue for my store, but I'm 100% away from Electronics more than I ever have been.

We do need some better laptop models though. The 32GB memory with Celeron Processor Chromebooks aint cutting it. Those have their place, but we need some bread and butter laptops in there too. i5 processor, 1TB HDD. Oh and most importantly: WINDOWS. You know. The good stuff.
Definitely this. I won't even be that picky, though. Just give us a selection of laptops and lockboxes that the large ones actually fit in...I don't even care what OS they're running at this point.

Get some real ass unlocked phones rather than those Android 4 ass BLU pieces of shit.
I mean, we do carry the Moto G6 and the Sony Xperia (I know they're not stellar by any means, but they're at least mid-range)
Problem there is they don't sell, no one wants them. On top of that, my store hasn't managed to sell a single one of the S10s on any carrier, so that doesn't give the best case for us to carry more android devices, unlocked or not.

I mean, we do carry the Moto G6 and the Sony Xperia (I know they're not stellar by any means, but they're at least mid-range)
Problem there is they don't sell, no one wants them. On top of that, my store hasn't managed to sell a single one of the S10s on any carrier, so that doesn't give the best case for us to carry more android devices, unlocked or not.
Because we didn't sell the Galaxy Buds, so people went elsewhere. ✌️ Full circle.

I got a Moto x4 from Target that I'm enjoying.

I sold an elderly woman a LG Stylo 4 the other day. She was pretty mad that after having her phone for years with TracFone that they wouldn't unlock it to use with ATT. She wanted to make sure that never happened again.

Tbf I didn't see many stores in my area sell Galaxy buds (best buy, wal mart)

Seems more like a vendor issue to me

Back