Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Last thing i heard Target wasnt happy with the results of redshirts selling phones and they are switching back to Target Tech aka Marketsouce in most stores.

Last thing i heard Target wasnt happy with the results of redshirts selling phones and they are switching back to Target Tech aka Marketsouce in most stores.
And that would be a good thing. I cant imagine the amount of work that wouldn't get done because of how lengthy those cell phone activations can be at times.

I've had this thread up for a long time now, let's try to use that.

Merging time ?

I mean if this is true, it’s probably because they didn’t have enough hours for staffing and didn’t offer commission.

I have a feeling it’s not true because Target can save money doing everything themselves and not offering any extra incentives.

I've had this thread up for a long time now, let's try to use that.

Merging time ?
I could be wrong, but with the changes Target is doing, Tech Consultants are not the same as Entertainment anymore as well as the official division of Toys from Tech. I think we need something dedicated to the Tech Consulting.
A Fresh Start to a new position @commiecorvus

It would be a looooot better for this new position. Bare in mind, signing isn't a separate things anymore, so signing need to be merged into there respective locations. Also could we move them to the Guide area?
Entertainment will need one as well and so will toys, if it doesn't have one.
If you guys prefer to use the older one, Could we at least put "Tech Consultant" at the beginning of the title? judging on the fact we are not Electronics and Entertainment anymore, which can cause us to stay stuck with the old vocabulary, which my store haaaaaaates

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but with the changes Target is doing, Tech Consultants are not the same as Entertainment anymore as well as the official division of Toys from Tech. I think we need something dedicated to the Tech Consulting.
A Fresh Start to a new position @commiecorvus

It would be a looooot better for this new position. Bare in mind, signing isn't a separate things anymore, so signing need to be merged into there respective locations. Also could we move them to the Guide area?
Entertainment will need one as well and so will toys, if it doesn't have one.
If you guys prefer to use the older one, Could we at least put "Tech Consultant" at the beginning of the title? judging on the fact we are not Electronics and Entertainment anymore, which can cause us to stay stuck with the old vocabulary, which my store haaaaaaates
Personally I say leave it as-is. Most of the TMs that were electronics/entertainment are Tech now, which functionally requires the same knowledge base and we're still assisting the same exact guests as before, especially at the lower volume stores.

As for moving sections it's in, it's good here. This thread mostly serves as chatting and discussion of the E/E area and workload rather than as a guide. Useful info, yes, dedicated guide, no. And let Spot hate the old vocab, we aren't Spot on here.
Final point, there are two E/E guide threads already. If anything change one of those to the Tech consultant guide threads if we reaaaaally need one.

Personally I say leave it as-is. Most of the TMs that were electronics/entertainment are Tech now, which functionally requires the same knowledge base and we're still assisting the same exact guests as before, especially at the lower volume stores.

As for moving sections it's in, it's good here. This thread mostly serves as chatting and discussion of the E/E area and workload rather than as a guide. Useful info, yes, dedicated guide, no. And let Spot hate the old vocab, we aren't Spot on here.
Final point, there are two E/E guide threads already. If anything change one of those to the Tech consultant guide threads if we reaaaaally need one.
Thats what we need a dedicated guide forum, I tried to humbly form it, but it was mistaken to match this one, which Id be lying it Id said it wasn't frustrating >_> But eh, guess I had no say in it anyhow, they just merged it.

Thats what we need a dedicated guide forum, I tried to humbly form it, but it was mistaken to match this one, which Id be lying it Id said it wasn't frustrating >_> But eh, guess I had no say in it anyhow, they just merged it.
I like this thread. I guess the title could be changed to...”tech” *shudders* I still don’t know why Target didn’t just leave it as electronics. Even my new ETL is confused and calls it “Electronics Tech.” I don’t have the heart to correct her though because she likes the name 😂.

Not everyone has a big electronics area. The small format or express store, have like 4 aisles. A low volume store C & d, have no mobile at all & moderated size of 12 aisles.. Store size B to high volumes have expanded electronics with mobile have big layout with 20 aisles?
The new titles come with no time to do with thing that needs to be done. IMO. Spot is known to put anyone in electronics depending the business needs or call off.

Sorry, @AllAtTarget but I don't think many people on here want what you are offering. If you search for the other guides one of them has 2141 views but only 52 posts, another has 1178 views but only 14 posts. Finally, one has 507 views but only 2 posts. Meanwhile, this thread has has oner 670 replies (including your merged post).

If you are really passionate about having a guide, try resurrecting the last one. If your information is good people will post to it. Maybe you can even get the thread's title changed if it proves popular enough.

Last edited:
Sorry, @AllAtTarget but I don't think many people on here want what you are offering. If you search for the other guides one of them has 2141 views but only 52 posts, another has 1178 views but only 14 posts. Finally, one has 507 views but only 2 posts. Meanwhile, this thread has has oner 670 replies (including your merged post).

If you are really passionate about having a guide, try resurrecting the last one. If your information is good people will post to it. Maybe you can even get the thread's title changed if it proves popular enough.
K, Ill try that. Thanks :)

Funny story. I had them at the boat yesterday and was about to go to guest services to defect them when a guest comes up asking about them. Of course he wants a discount. I tell him "You know normally it's 10% but Im willing to go 20% off." He asks if that's the best I could do and I call Closing Lead to confirm and he says yh that we'll make more money anyway if we send them back to Funko. Sucks but I tried.

Back