Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

heyyo i got the tea on what my etl was fired for

it was sexual harassment i wanna kno whomst tf reported him cos this got real spicy (esp cos there were rumors about him and a barista a couple yrs ago)

Thanks kaitii I was wondering the same thing! I am dying to get my hands on one . stalking the website after midnight and if that doesnt work hopefully it will be available at opening hours.......its actually 10:30 pm and its showing available to order for pickup and wont let me add to cart 😭

Thanks kaitii I was wondering the same thing! I am dying to get my hands on one . stalking the website after midnight and if that doesnt work hopefully it will be available at opening hours.......its actually 10:30 pm and its showing available to order for pickup and wont let me add to cart 😭
a weird thing happened at my store

we had 18, then 16 then 15 and now it says 10 on hand

it showed up on the website id say a bit after 10pm pacific time probs (i didnt notice until a few min b4 close tbh, i checked at 9pm and then before close when i was staging them for the morning)

so i immediately rush to order one because oh shit oh fuck

but it says there was a problem adding it to cart. so i find the closing lead, and ask and shes like idk man

turns out the old etl gm had stopped by and said what most likely happened is a mistake, they werent supposed to have been orderable and whatever happended happened and i have to wait in line for my chance at one of the rest

Me too! I will be camping out 7:30....our orders are backed up due to coronavirus so I wouldnt even trust the order pickup to get mine in time before they sell out. 😭😭😭someone on fb said they were able to order one around 10 or 11. My on hands are all the same tho 17.

Me too! I will be camping out 7:30....our orders are backed up due to coronavirus so I wouldnt even trust the order pickup to get mine in time before they sell out. 😭😭😭someone on fb said they were able to order one around 10 or 11. My on hands are all the same tho 17.
7:30? me and another tm are showing up around 6 lmao well he is, im coming earlier. i just want to make sure we get it

7:30? me and another tm are showing up around 6 lmao well he is, im coming earlier. i just want to make sure we get it
Well the last time I came at 6 am it was for the mini super nintendo and i ended up chillin in my car till about 7:30. But now i am considering going at 6...lol f it

got into it with the etl gm over a return

dude buys a video game, opens it, comes back and is like "wrong console i want a different game"

About twice in my career I've had a parent or grand parent return an opened games saying it was for the wrong system. I had no problems getting the same game for the other system and exchanging it the same way you would for the same item. It's a mistake that happens and the guest is still handed an opened game.

If they wanted a different title, then I would push back. I also warn game cards can't be refunded. Probably more than once during Christmas someone baught the card and someone else got the recipient the physical version. Sorry mam, sell it on Facebook.

About twice in my career I've had a parent or grand parent return an opened games saying it was for the wrong system. I had no problems getting the same game for the other system and exchanging it the same way you would for the same item. It's a mistake that happens and the guest is still handed an opened game.

If they wanted a different title, then I would push back. I also warn game cards can't be refunded. Probably more than once during Christmas someone baught the card and someone else got the recipient the physical version. Sorry mam, sell it on Facebook.
they did want a different game, a completely different game

and him being an asshole about it immediately makes me not wanna do something even more

@Kaitii
Did you get it?!?!? Apparently we had 2 opus go through but the rest available to guests. I was first in line out of 4 or 5 (yes ended up chillin in my car again lol)
yep!! first in line lol. we actually had like 10 go to OPUs before the store opened

my coworker and i showed up around 6 and we chilled in his car playing smash lol

there was a big line before open.....for toilet paper lmaoooo

in the end it was me, my coworker and another coworker ..... and another coworker who showed up. 3 of us were tech on our day off, one was market on his break lol

We had one person order a switch just before the store opened. They got it. Then a bunch of OPUs dropped in for them about 15 minutes after open. INF. INF. INF. INF. INF. INF. In store guests got them before I could get to them because I was busy picking cleaning supplies and canned goods. My SD laughed about it and said at least it's better than yesterday's OPU toilet paper disaster.

We had 4, so I just told my other TMs to limit it to one per guest since I knew we'd sell out in an hour or less and would make that money as well as give others a chance to buy one. No one told me not to limit it but we probably would waive it after 9 AM.

Even switch sales are up with this pandemic? I guess I did hear something about the video game industry doing very well. People are going to have a lot of free time at home.

Friday the Animal Crossing Switches alone did the Sales goal for my store. Guess they forgot to add in the fact these were coming out and instead gave us a low goal for a Friday to the point we tripled the amount of sales and the comp skyrocketed
goals are basically around what the store made last year that day

goals are basically around what the store made last year that day

there’s been goals for tech that even our SD said was unrealistic to be able to be based of pervious year especially in Q1. We’ve had multiple goals of 10k+ days during the week then on a weekend have a goal roughly around 5k. We can do roughly 5 to 7k a day without anything special releasing.

Even switch sales are up with this pandemic? I guess I did hear something about the video game industry doing very well. People are going to have a lot of free time at home.
Well, its not just that. Animal Crossing is a phenomenon and is one of the best gateway video games. Anyone can play it and enjoy it, so an AC themed Switch as a limited edition? People will eat that up

Does requesting a UPC be tied to a DPCI ever actually work? It seems like the requests go into the ether and we still have these items sitting around.

Funny, I just did that today. Was it a third party Apple cord, by chance?
Well I did get the native union iPhone cables on the truck today that came up not found but didn’t bother requesting those yet. Also got a Blu unlocked phone, and a Red pocket sim that also weren’t in the system.

We have a j5create cable that’s been sitting for months and still hasn’t been added to the system. It’s really annoying.

Does requesting a UPC be tied to a DPCI ever actually work? It seems like the requests go into the ether and we still have these items sitting around.
I never had any luck getting stuff UPC-tied in a timely manner through MySupport. I really wish they had just left well enough alone and let us manually tie them in the pricing system still.

So, I swear today was the day of "that's not how internet works" with all the guests. Every other question I had was someone trying to use Wi-Fi for smart home purposes...without an internet connection...

The one that took the cake was the guy trying to get a router that he could plug into power only (no ethernet, no internet connection anywhere) and use his tablet to control a speaker setup. All in an outdoor area up to 200 feet away. Not only was this a "that's not how any of this works" but also the most specific use case I've heard of recently.

Back