Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

They also often have a TM discount applied to the wallet which you can ask to see the physical card I’m pretty sure.
oh yep, that's a recent one that's been popping up!

so anyone know how they're getting these cards tho

We are down to 3 laptops: 2 Chromebooks and 1 Windows. Unless you want a mouse, printer, or printer ink, we are basically out of most peripherals (cables, computer cameras, etc.). Still pretty good on ink cartridges but I can see those being cleared out if this continues for as long as some experts think. We are out of copy paper in Electronics and so is stationary. We lost one of our better Techs to Market a few weeks ago and another good Tech is sick and has called out their last two shifts (not Covid-19 related). That leaves me, another good TM with limited availability, and the Village Idiot. I've spent the last two days doing revisions (as per my ETLs instructions). I left a very, very light truck and one revision for the Idiot last night and it looks like they didn't get to the truck and Tied & Lied the revision. Today's Electronics from the truck was added to yesterday's and all of that is just waiting for tomorrow's truck to be added to it (and the Idiot is the opener tomorrow). Daily we are doing 160% to 250% over goal and still they are not allowed to add people to help us out. I'm just imagining when this is over, and we start getting seriously heavy replenishment to be done by just an opener and closer.

Last edited:
anyone else gettin an insane amount of calls for switches today

like are these people really waiting until the last min to get a switch for animal crossing or are people so bored in quarantine they all suddenly want a switch

anyone else gettin an insane amount of calls for switches today

like are these people really waiting until the last min to get a switch for animal crossing or are people so bored in quarantine they all suddenly want a switch
Yes and all we have are lites. Before this week the switch case was jammed full and now it’s nearly empty. had someone call today asking if we had any of the animal crossing edition switches in stock....seriously

but every heyday product ive ever bought has been terrible
I'm only considering it because I'm at about 3 for 4 on quality from them. The charging cables I got to hand out to the team when Heyday launched were actually really good for the money, the Bluetooth headphones sound good (not super comfy tho) and I have the big round Heyday speaker that was $60, it's actually pretty good.

The wired earbuds were trash, even for the price, though.
Oh, and the wireless charging pad was garbage too.

I'm only considering it because I'm at about 3 for 4 on quality from them. The charging cables I got to hand out to the team when Heyday launched were actually really good for the money, the Bluetooth headphones sound good (not super comfy tho) and I have the big round Heyday speaker that was $60, it's actually pretty good.

The wired earbuds were trash, even for the price, though.
Oh, and the wireless charging pad was garbage too.
i got a charging cable, plugged it in to my power bank, and when i pulled it out

it took the power bank's charging port with it =n=

They also often have a TM discount applied to the wallet which you can ask to see the physical card I’m pretty sure.

Anytime I tm discount shows up and we don’t know the person per our ap we are directed to ask for ID as a blanket statement

Our backroom looks awful and is full of unbackstocked stuff, 1 for 1s can't be done due to trucks taking up my entire shift with today's truck being full of upcoming revision items we can't get to backstocking due to space or time or no location, we're short one person right now, revisions can't be done, and had a scammer with $1k+ of gift cards go through a purchase as my AP and SD weren't in and the Team Leads on told me I had to go forward with the transaction. I'm losing it.

back when we had a actual TL & was in charge of Entertainment that’s how we were. Get rid of both & add a non existent ETL we are the only Tech Team in our district that isn’t behind on anything. We are able to Push & Backstock truck before closer comes in we are able to do 1f1’s multiple times a day if needed. We exceed sales daily. And we are never behind on any other workload. We have a driven team with a ETL that is not existent even on the walkie (we are also told we shouldn’t be using the walkie to be able to keep communication to a minimum). There’s many tms from other areas that ask how we do it and I share some details but not all. For workload I’m The one that plans it out for the week or month depending on what it might be. I’ve also had 2 neighboring stores plead for me to save them and I told them I doubt my SD will want to share me.

you guys usually say no to the gift card scammers? god i wish that were me

ap says since gift cards are a legit payment there's no way we can reject them the way we can reject ids for being fake or stolen cards

the only thing we can do is limit them any way we can. so we let them have ONE ipad, ONE apple watch, ONE airpods, etc not one of each dpci just one per "category" and since they pay with the app, we actually write down their email on a little board we have and since for the day it's usually one person passing around an account we reject them saying we told them no more

also we don't price match for them, that tends to stop them a lot too
I just say their emails flagged by corporate as having reached a limit... it scares them enough. Mostly cause we did get a ring ban hammered.

I just say their emails flagged by corporate as having reached a limit... it scares them enough. Mostly cause we did get a ring ban hammered.
oh thats a good one!! i'll keep it in mind for next time

ours were for both sides all 3 colors so we just improvised
oh weird, ours just asked for cases and games like mk, swsh, smash and luigi's mansion. i mostly kept to the paper just didnt put those games cos theyre not selling off an animal crossing shipper lol

oh thats a good one!! i'll keep it in mind for next time

oh weird, ours just asked for cases and games like mk, swsh, smash and luigi's mansion. i mostly kept to the paper just didnt put those games cos theyre not selling off an animal crossing shipper lol

we also didn’t receive the controllers so all accessories went on it that was animal crossing no other game was represented & journals only stay in Tech for us

i went to pick it up, but from what i saw the opener was mostly bombarded with d O U HAVE SW I T C H ????

cos "the website" says we have 7, we never had 7, we never sold 7 its a myth

it's said 7 for absolute weeks and we (tms, tls and even etls) have tried changing it multiple times

we're dying squirtle

i went to pick it up, but from what i saw the opener was mostly bombarded with d O U HAVE SW I T C H ????

cos "the website" says we have 7, we never had 7, we never sold 7 its a myth

it's said 7 for absolute weeks and we (tms, tls and even etls) have tried changing it multiple times

we're dying squirtle
Just checking here, that would have been a drastic change, so after everyone who audited it then went and accepted the drastic change to clear it in the system?

So I think I saw someone on reddit mention we aren’t allowed to touch guest’s phones right now because of the virus. Does anyone know if this is true? Because it would be really nice to be able to refuse to provide tech support to the “guests” that supposedly bought the phone from us a year ago.

My store is Tech+ and we have suspended all mobile support. Only thing we’ll do with phones is sell prepaid and accessories. And no, we will not do anything more than sell the prepaid, we will not help anyone set them up in any capacity.

Back