Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Has anyone heard anything about scan based trading? I know it was piloted at some stores and was supposed to roll out company wide soon. Any updates?

Just got hired on as a tech consultant and tomorrow is my fist day of cashier training, I don't have any retail experience so I'm pretty anxious about working at the register. I'm definitely going to ask questions tomorrow but as a tech consultant will I be cashiering a lot? and if you have any other pointers for me they'd be greatly appreciated!

Just got hired on as a tech consultant and tomorrow is my fist day of cashier training, I don't have any retail experience so I'm pretty anxious about working at the register. I'm definitely going to ask questions tomorrow but as a tech consultant will I be cashiering a lot? and if you have any other pointers for me they'd be greatly appreciated!

Welcome aboard!

And yes being in Electronics requires cashiering bc in most stores Security items cant be handed to the Guest. So you'll be required to ring them out. Dont worry. Most of them are usually smaller transactions. Good luck!

POS will be your new best friend.
Besides being old as dirt, POS is pretty user-friendly and self explanatory. I didn't have cashier experience before Spot either but it's second nature to me. I speak fluent K-Key now ;). You'll be fine!

I've never seen vinyl unless it was a special release or an online return, but we've gotten 4-5 boxes for the reset next week.

Electronics peeps

Does anyone know what upcoming Demos are we showing in the next few weeks

We were supposed to have one today. We had no info. So we did not do it. You can look on workbench, under events & see everything.
Paw patrol on oct 27.

Last edited:
We didn’t have a “Scheduled” Demo today so since I’m the demo tm I made one and it did boost our sales today with that esp making goal for the day before dinner time.

Also since we had enough coverage and didn’t try to take anyone out of the dept us Tms took care of alot of SPLs that our TL is to lazy to do/delegate that weren’t touched at all this week and last week. Just another among many reasons this TL should be just a glorified Toys Tm lol

Harry Potter Demo this weekend.

Have the guide but don’t see a direct mention to defect multiple expensive items to carry out event, don’t have the DPCIs on me but it’s $450+ I think. Unless we just use the wand, display the other 3. Anyone else already do so?

If so, how long did it take the team to use the product and gain a good understanding of how it works.

Thank you.

Harry Potter Demo this weekend.

Have the guide but don’t see a direct mention to defect multiple expensive items to carry out event, don’t have the DPCIs on me but it’s $450+ I think. Unless we just use the wand, display the other 3. Anyone else already do so?

If so, how long did it take the team to use the product and gain a good understanding of how it works.

Thank you.
Honestly not even sure if we're actually doing this or not but I think the Learn app on the mydevices has something to say about it

Honestly not even sure if we're actually doing this or not but I think the Learn app on the mydevices has something to say about it

Yeah I printed it off for the team and we all went over it. Going to pop it open tomorrow so if anyone is curious I’ll post some deets.

Hopefully y’all survived the Red Dead Redemption 2 9pm early release and found all your console bundles and game roller in time. I had the lovely experience of only finding out via a guest call at 6pm because nobody is ever given time to check Workbench at my location. Trying to get everything out of the practically barricaded Electronics stock room was also quite the adventure. There was only 1 pre order, but we ended up with what had to be 30-ish people at the peak of the rush for the game.

There was only 1 pre order, but we ended up with what had to be 30-ish people at the peak of the rush for the game.
Well hopefully you're not too battered after that. I had 10 total pre orders and only one person showed up at all to buy a copy. We also never found the game roller or bundles, I ended up just setting the launch pad POG early.

Also we didn't get the Red Dead event yesterday.

Its 11 am and still no ones bought the game

Back