Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

STL told us to go ahead and sell our ps4s, thinking we had 16 more on a trailer.

They weren't there. Now we're out with 16 still showing on hand.

Yay.

STL told us to go ahead and sell our ps4s, thinking we had 16 more on a trailer.

They weren't there. Now we're out with 16 still showing on hand.

Yay.
You could audit and save the STL or you could...let the bodies hit the floor.

The question is, do you like him/her. Because this can't be linked back to you. He/she had to override it. Spot knows.

Get ready, everyone! Switch consoles with a 25.00 gift card.

We sold over have off total inventory yesterday of both color consoles guess guest service will have fun with that when guests realize they were a day late for a giftcard deal lol

Lol playstation classic is 25% with Cartwheel. I doubt that still sells lol

For the big discounts via cartwheel for Electronics we have signs but don’t know how well this one will go we sold more from the launch weekend then we have the rest of the month so far

I feel like if I heard the word airpods one more time I was literally going to lose it. For some reason it showed online we had some we in reality we did not, I checked through all the repacks and audited out the count. Between trying to catch up on days and days worth of truck, the multiple carts of reshop I come into, 4-5 guests lining up for help while guest services continues to put calls on 80, 81 and 82 for electronics and marathon sprints to the call button, I've never been so close to full on drop kicking someone. I can see the light at the end of my Target tunnel as my last day approaches.

No. Go straight to hell. Dont pass go, don't collect $200.

I had 3 people literally lose their shit with me over them today. We received 8 off the truck and they all sold roughly 35 minutes after the store opened.
A Phone Conversation:
“When will you get them in?”
“It says the 22nd”
“They told me the 21st”
“I’m looking at my system right now, and it’s showing the 22nd, ma’am, and just one pair will arrive on that truck.”
“Just one?”
“Just one.”
“So I have to call back on the 22nd?”
“Yes, we can’t hold them because they are a hot item.”
*Guests in store need help now* “So, not the 21st? And you’re only getting one?”
“Yes.”
“So, not the 21st?”
“...yes”
“You don’t sound sure, are you sure? I can ask someone else.”
“Well electronics is slammed and I am 100% sure we don’t have any in stock at this moment.”
“Your website says limited stock.”
“I understand that, but it’s 0 on floor, 0 in back, and 1 on hand. We have audited it so that it will update the new count as soon as possible.”
“You should edit it on the website so that it reflects that you’re out of stock because that’s false advertising.”
“We have.”
“So the 22nd for sure?”

LADY, WHAT THE FUCK. I’m glad I have a later shift that day.

A Phone Conversation:
“It says the 22nd”
“They told me the 21st”
“I’m looking at my system right now, and it’s showing the 22nd, ma’am, and just one pair will arrive on that truck.”
“Just one?”
“Just one.”
*Guests in store need help now* “So, not the 21st? And you’re only getting one?”
“Yes.”
“So, not the 21st?”
“...yes”
“Well electronics is slammed and I am 100% sure we don’t have any in stock at this moment.”
“I understand that, but it’s 0 on floor, 0 in back, and 1 on hand. We have audited it so that it will update the new count as soon as possible.”
“You should edit it on the website so that it reflects that you’re out of stock because that’s false advertising.”
“We have.”
“So the 22nd for sure?”

I honestly would have hung up 10 seconds into that conversation.

As much as I hate constantly being asked by people that we do not have airpods, I thoroughly enjoy watching their disappoint/tantrum. Serves you right waiting just days before Christmas.

Everyone else in electronics, is your store seriously just scheduling 1 person in electronics as well? This is literally the dumbest damn thing I have ever dealt with in my 3.5 years with the company. Keep in mind, my store is an Electronics Plus Mobile store, so not only are we fighting big waves of people wanting items unlocked, pulled from the back..etc, GOD FORBID someone walks up wanting to get a phone, I legit want to talk them out of wanting to buy it. We get scheduled 1 person at a time during slow times doing $3-4k days in electronics no big deal, but when this shit ramps up to 25-30k days just in electronics, lets put our fucking noggins together and get some payroll. This is literally horse shit to be running around like a mad man. I would give up $2-3/hr just to have some help back there. Not to mention these idiots say, lets be open until midnight....crowd dies at 10pm, So why not close at 10pm...use that 2 hours of payroll to have an overlap...holy shit brain blast. There is literally 2 pallets and a cage full of repacks not being pushed because we simply do not have the manpower, in reality they are losing more money than they are saving because, they want to put me in this shitty situation, I sure as hell am not looking through all of those boxes for something if it gives an on hand count but no backroom locations. All in all, this use to be an awesome and sometimes even fun place to work when I started, now it is how I imagine working at Walmart would be. Rant over...prepare myself for another 8.5 hour day of this shit tomorrow..

my store is an Electronics Plus Mobile store, so not only are we fighting big waves of people wanting items unlocked, pulled from the back..etc, GOD FORBID someone walks up wanting to get a phone
I feel this on so many levels. Even though my store was able to allocate a mid every day this week, it isn't nearly enough when we're still busy after 7:30 pm. Thankfully I'm mobile certified even while in hardlines, so it's not impossible, but it's still too big a chunk of time to be giving up out of time to do literally anything else (looking at you, vague Consumer Cellular appointments one week from Christmas)

On my end for the airpods, my store managed to mispick a whole case of them from DC, so I'm getting people screaming about the ten we supposedly have all day even after I audited the drastic count like six times.

A Phone Conversation:
“It says the 22nd”
“They told me the 21st”
“Just one?”
“Just one.”
“Yes.”
“So, not the 21st?”
“...yes”
“We have.”
“So the 22nd for sure?”

I don't give anyone dates or how many are coming in because you never know what's going to happen and I don't feel like listening to them whine anymore. I just encourage them to check back the next truck day.

As much as I hate constantly being asked by people that we do not have airpods, I thoroughly enjoy watching their disappoint/tantrum. Serves you right waiting just days before Christmas.

Everyone else in electronics, is your store seriously just scheduling 1 person in electronics as well? This is literally the dumbest damn thing I have ever dealt with in my 3.5 years with the company. Keep in mind, my store is an Electronics Plus Mobile store, so not only are we fighting big waves of people wanting items unlocked, pulled from the back..etc, GOD FORBID someone walks up wanting to get a phone, I legit want to talk them out of wanting to buy it. We get scheduled 1 person at a time during slow times doing $3-4k days in electronics no big deal, but when this shit ramps up to 25-30k days just in electronics, lets put our fucking noggins together and get some payroll. This is literally horse shit to be running around like a mad man. I would give up $2-3/hr just to have some help back there. Not to mention these idiots say, lets be open until midnight....crowd dies at 10pm, So why not close at 10pm...use that 2 hours of payroll to have an overlap...holy shit brain blast. There is literally 2 pallets and a cage full of repacks not being pushed because we simply do not have the manpower, in reality they are losing more money than they are saving because, they want to put me in this shitty situation, I sure as hell am not looking through all of those boxes for something if it gives an on hand count but no backroom locations. All in all, this use to be an awesome and sometimes even fun place to work when I started, now it is how I imagine working at Walmart would be. Rant over...prepare myself for another 8.5 hour day of this shit tomorrow..

Yeah, I feel ya. Yesterday, I was electronics from 2 to 730pm. After that, the closer was by himself. So, the toys closer, and most of hardliners was back there the entire night helping him. Not to mention, they have been having us work on pills until 930 10pm at night, so its screws us out of getting out at a decent time
4 nights in a row, we have been getting out at almost 2am. Its honesty bullshit

We don’t tell any guest when anything comes in just days we have trucks and we don’t know (tho we do >Greenfield<) when we will get it in. We also always advise never trust online always call the store & call before u make a trip up.

We are a week and half backed up on push but yet the store doesn’t care. They are still having smart huddles super zoning and condensing seasonal every day for at least a hour each day.

We're a couple days behind on truck push too.

Scheduling this week wasnt great, no mids or anything like that.

Just pure chaos

Back