Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Question: Are electronics TMs at your stores responsible for zoning electronics? Entertainment? Nearby aisles outside of electronics?

Just curious, no real point to the question.

For us, electronics is expected to zone electronics and entertainment, and nearby aisles (toys & sporting goods) if they have time and answer call boxes (though most sporting goods call boxes are electronics, anyway).

The good ones do that, the not-good ones hang out at the boat on their phones unless there's a TL to ream their asses on just standing there and doing nothing--not even walking the department asking guests if they need anything.

If it hasn’t changed, our TMs did F and O Hardlines side which is Electronics, Entertainments, and Hardlines Infants (Baby HBA). Kind of a weird set up, but sometimes Softlines helps out in Infants.

Question: Are electronics TMs at your stores responsible for zoning electronics? Entertainment? Nearby aisles outside of electronics?

For us, electronics is expected to zone electronics and entertainment, and nearby aisles (toys & sporting goods) if they have time and answer call boxes (though most sporting goods call boxes are electronics, anyway).

The good ones do that, the not-good ones hang out at the boat on their phones unless there's a TL to ream their asses on just standing there and doing nothing--not even walking the department asking guests if they need anything.

Opener for us should usually zone Electronics and the Game stuff. Depending on the LOD, the closer or the mid will get sent to toys.

Electronics and Toys/sporting goods is the F block, all we have nearby is market and mini seasonal

Entertainment rarely gets touched, unless it's in bad shape

The reciept fades over time so I always recommend that they register right away because it asks for specific reciept info. Also they should be able to purchase the protection a few day after but the process is different it doesnt seem to link the reciept to the plan so can you explain how it works for them to purchase the plan afterwards.

Belongs here:)
More info on square trade

Do I need to register or activate my SquareTrade Protection Plan?
Registration is not required, until a claim needs to be filed. Registration needs to be done online at squaretrade.com/target.
Do I need to register my plan?
Registration is purely optional and can only be completed online. This is a way to provide copies of the purchase receipt so that all this information is available if you need to file a claim further down the road.

Don’t worry if you haven't registered yet! If you need to file a claim later, you will be prompted to provide all information needed to register. Click here if you need to file a claim.

Please note, you cannot register your plan over the phone because we need you to create a password.

What does a SquareTrade plan cover?

SquareTrade Protection Plans covers all mechanical/electrical failures that happen during normal use, such as button failure, depleted (non-replaceable) batteries, and non-responsive charging ports or audio jacks. Plans that include accident protection also cover damage from accidents like drop and spills.

If a protected item is damaged and we determine it can be repaired, we cover 100% of the cost of parts and labor. If your item is irreparable, we’ll contact you to discuss options for replacing your item. Coverage lasts for the term of your plan or until the coverage amount of your plan (generally equal to item purchase price) is used up.

What's not covered by a SquareTrade plan?
SquareTrade Protection Plans covers all mechanical/electrical failures that happen during normal use, such as button failure, depleted (non-replaceable) batteries, and nonresponsive charging ports or audio jacks. Plans that include accident protection also cover damage from accidents like drop and spills.

Some of the things that are NOT covered by a SquareTrade plan include:
  • Damage from misuse, negligence, loss or theft
  • Consumable items such as light bulbs, fuses, and batteries (unless offered as a special/premium feature on select warranties)
  • Products intended for heavy commercial or industrial use
  • Pre-existing conditions, dead-on-arrival (DOA) items, or issues that occur within any exclusionary period

The reciept fades over time so I always recommend that they register right away because it asks for specific reciept info. Also they should be able to purchase the protection a few day after but the process is different it doesnt seem to link the reciept to the plan so can you explain how it works for them to purchase the plan afterwards.
That's a good idea, @MechanicWife.

From square trade website:
Registration (optional)
You don't need to register for your plan to be active or to file a claim.

Steps to Register:
1) Wait 3 days if you just bought your plan.*
2) Click here or go to squaretrade.com/register. We’ll start by finding your plan.
3) Have your receipt on hand in case you need to upload it.

*We need to wait up to 3 days for the retailer to provide necessary information to complete registration.

Learn About Your Coverage

What does my plan cover and when does my coverage start?
If the protected item is damaged and SquareTrade determines it can be repaired, 100% of the cost of parts and labor is covered. If your item can’t be repaired, SquareTrade will contact you to discuss replacement options.

Yes.

OK, PMTs which would you do?
Tell signage/ electronics to go order sign, or
change pegboard and deal with possibility its too small for rest of Gondola. Mine laughed and said no. Go order a sign.

Too small? It's unlikely there was a 4ft endpanel up in electronics to begin with. Only see that in areas with 22 inch basedecks or deeper, like plastics, paper, or pets. So the endpanel that was up on the endcap before the focal set could be put right back up.

@Hardlinesmaster ok i understand now....so they must wait at least 3 days and they might have to upload pictures of the receipts...this makes sense now because I had a guest complain that they couldn't register but they had came in later that day and didn't wait the 3 days.

Back when I was at target still, I was our electronics closer and for the zone at night we usually started with Toys seeing as it was usually a disaster even after a slow day. If we have enough time left over after, we would zone through MMB/electronics as well as mini-seasonal before we got to the primary seasonal section.

My store we're expected to do all that. Entertainment is very low on the priority list unless we're expecting a visit. Pets will be added to that list for us after they move it between entertainment and travel during our remodel. I'm fortunate that most of my electronics team all seem to have descent work ethic and actually do stuff around the department instead of hanging around the boat all the time.

for us starting tomorrow, hardlines is expected to do all that, that goes same with beauty tms... Hardlines is now responsible for all the department zoning. Mind you,we only have 3 people for hardlines.. (2 for morning and one for closing.) Our LOD thinks this is some bull that spot is doing now.

I'll trade 8 aisles of toys endcaps for the Joy wall run. Also no comment on the flat of repacks just parked by the boat?
im giving them some slack im sure there is a tm on the other side ready to push it to the back! Right before he reprints that 3x5 for the camera, which is odd since the stores down here all have fact tags and a shelf label these days.

XQSsuqz.jpg

This focal looks SICK! Can't wait to see what shit gets thrown underneath.

P.S. Does anyone know if were getting a new Fitbit display? Our Fitbit section now only calls for one section instead of two and I don't believe our old one is suppose to move over.

Last edited:

We have a schedule and checklist. Monday am superzone F1-3. Closing TM does 4-6. And on.

Clean up clearance, wipe down displays and dust base decks if needed.

We handle toys and SG reshop in addition to E&E.

And then at some point I'll do some Twitter on the sh**ter.

XQSsuqz.jpg

P.S. Does anyone know if were getting a new Fitbit display? Our Fitbit section now only calls for one section instead of two and I don't believe our old one is suppose to move over.

There's a set for BDS (or whoever does your displays) to convert Fitbit to one section (the left). The center should be bands, that sign goes away.

Circling back to TVs , Is it better to buy a fire Tv or a regular TV and a fire Stick?
I understand it’s one less wire or device but, like can you jailbreak a Tv?o_O

Too small? It's unlikely there was a 4ft endpanel up in electronics to begin with. Only see that in areas with 22 inch basedecks or deeper, like plastics, paper, or pets. So the endpanel that was up on the endcap before the focal set could be put right back up.

Photo below answers question. Also, when you get some time before they sweep or disposes of the old cases, place a empty 22 in shelf on one of them. (if you have no old cases, lean it in front). You should be surprised.

XQSsuqz.jpg

Drinks, stray, various movies. AS for the fitbit, talked to the vendor and its much smaller. You should have got it already. If not, have Tl or etl contact them.

Apparently Apple doesn't like sharing repacks with other products, oh well
They are very racist about that with us too.

Circling back to TVs , Is it better to buy a fire Tv or a regular TV and a fire Stick?
I understand it’s one less wire or device but, like can you jailbreak a Tv?o_O
Yes. I would advise against it.

Photo below answers question. Also, when you get some time before they sweep or disposes of the old cases, place a empty 22 in shelf on one of them. (if you have no old cases, lean it in front). You should be surprised.

The photo referenced is a 3ft endpanel with 18 inch basedecks inline. I am truly at a loss on what is supposed to surprise me about placing a 22 inch shelf on an 18 inch lockbox. Can you please clarify?

Drinks, stray, various movies. AS for the fitbit, talked to the vendor and its much smaller. You should have got it already. If not, have Tl or etl contact them.

They are very racist about that with us too.

Yes. I would advise against it.

So the aisle adjacent to the Heyday focal has a 22" bottom base deck? And you think putting a 3ft wide end panel would look too small/weird?

Man I need to see pics.

Last edited:
Back