Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

XQSsuqz.jpg

This focal looks SICK! Can't wait to see what shit gets thrown underneath.

P.S. Does anyone know if were getting a new Fitbit display? Our Fitbit section now only calls for one section instead of two and I don't believe our old one is suppose to move over.

All I see is is a potential PlAYGROUND for all the supervised/unsupervised children to play under....

Pro tip: if you're using merch protection on your OtterBox cases, there's a new display that won't fit, but leaves empty space on top.

Exactly. Why would Target leave so much open space like that? If nothing else, put doors on it and turn the base area into storage for the stuff on top of the focal.

the fixtures in the Beauty Blowout remodel have (locked) storage in them and it's super useful

Exactly. Why would Target leave so much open space like that? If nothing else, put doors on it and turn the base area into storage for the stuff on top of the focal.
Our PMT added boards and my store made it a backstock location.

HI GUYS

did y'all get the Heyday speaker display? We did! And I made it play music to ensure it worked.

GUESS WHAT THE FIRST SONG WAS.

Of course it was. F'kin TV commercials and walking past the boat while reshopping have it stuck in my head.

Are any of you guys flow/electronics?

Like, who does the truck for you guys and then backstocks? Atm I do flow from 4-7:15, lunch (it sucks) and then back to electronics from 8-12

For a while (a year) I was expected to do the autofills, truck, and backstock within the 3 hours, but that just ain't feasable all the time and backstock just piles the fuck up. I used to do after 8 and just listen out for calls. So now we have a new electronics TL who insists I do not backstock at all because I need to be on the floor servicing guests. Fair. Backroom doesn't have the time to go back to backstocking electronics and now with the transition the amount of backstock is disgusting.

So I'm looking for ways to try and get everything done and keep everyone happy.

If all else fails, the ETL Log and BRTL want to take me in as flow/backroom where I still handle electronics, but on the logistics end (truck/backstock) and general br once that's done.

Are any of you guys flow/electronics?

Like, who does the truck for you guys and then backstocks? Atm I do flow from 4-7:15, lunch (it sucks) and then back to electronics from 8-12

For a while (a year) I was expected to do the autofills, truck, and backstock within the 3 hours, but that just ain't feasable all the time and backstock just piles the fuck up. I used to do after 8 and just listen out for calls. So now we have a new electronics TL who insists I do not backstock at all because I need to be on the floor servicing guests. Fair. Backroom doesn't have the time to go back to backstocking electronics and now with the transition the amount of backstock is disgusting.

So I'm looking for ways to try and get everything done and keep everyone happy.

If all else fails, the ETL Log and BRTL want to take me in as flow/backroom where I still handle electronics, but on the logistics end (truck/backstock) and general br once that's done.

Actually I just trained a Flow guy to do the security push yesterday,

Mainly because the cage gets ignored on Tuesday, our Opener comes in to do Tune in Tuesday at 6am, but doesn't have the time to do the cage. So it's usually left for our TL to do. The AP Etl told me that he's only gonna be doing the cage on Tuesdays, but the Logistics Etl makes it sound like he'll be doing it all the time. Since we're end to end, we do truck and everything else

At least for me, I take 30.minutes at the end of my shift to backstock the security push.

The only way to have all that done is for them to have a mid come in, service the guests, while you backstock.

Now speaking of my store.

We never have time to do shit

The Log ETL got on my case about our backroom, like we have so many carts in there. Like we have a abandoned cart of DVD push, but for whatever reason a bunch street dated shit got pulled with it, so no one touched it. Then there was a cart either from the day before or the autofill from the am. Then another cart that had the 1pm pull, to say the least, it's getting backed up in there.

I really don't know what everyone else on my team does honestly. I feel like we've gotten stuck with our routines

Opener; pushs truck, does audits, research & zone, helps guests, and whatever else the LoD wants, do push or whatever

Closer, Zone and reshop, whatever the LoD wants.

Our backroom suffers because of it, we have a tm who refuses to do anything backroom, oh back stock? Not my problem, we have push ? Not my problem

Actually I just trained a Flow guy to do the security push yesterday,

Mainly because the cage gets ignored on Tuesday, our Opener comes in to do Tune in Tuesday at 6am, but doesn't have the time to do the cage. So it's usually left for our TL to do. The AP Etl told me that he's only gonna be doing the cage on Tuesdays, but the Logistics Etl makes it sound like he'll be doing it all the time. Since we're end to end, we do truck and everything else

At least for me, I take 30.minutes at the end of my shift to backstock the security push.
Your TL does push? My TL is also the beauty TL and she spends way more time over there. When she's sheduled hardlines she's in her other departments. Plano does tune in tuesday for us so we never have to worry about that.

I wish they'd bring in someone like 30 minutes earlier so I could backstock but nah man, hours. If I didn't have to take my lunch at 7:15 I could easily keep up with backstock but nah man, service. They make me take it so early so I'm back by open because they want someone who knows what they're doing over there.

Electronics is Suffering

Your TL does push? My TL is also the beauty TL and she spends way more time over there. When she's sheduled hardlines she's in her other departments. Plano does tune in tuesday for us so we never have to worry about that.

I wish they'd bring in someone like 30 minutes earlier so I could backstock but nah man, hours. If I didn't have to take my lunch at 7:15 I could easily keep up with backstock but nah man, service. They make me take it so early so I'm back by open because they want someone who knows what they're doing over there.

Electronics is Suffering
Yeah or he tries to at least, he's a SrTl for Hardlines, so every time I'm there he's doing LoD duties and he has other things to be done

It sucks with the lack of hours, because we only have 2 tms for the day, opener and a closer, and a mid for the weekends

That's so weird tbh, because we usually never have anyone come into electronics that early in the day. I'm usually dealing with guests by 9 or 10. We can't win tbh

Yeah or he tries to at least, he's a SrTl for Hardlines, so every time I'm there he's doing LoD duties and he has other things to be done

It sucks with the lack of hours, because we only have 2 tms for the day, opener and a closer, and a mid for the weekends

That's so weird tbh, because we usually never have anyone come into electronics that early in the day. I'm usually dealing with guests by 9 or 10. We can't win tbh
When I had a SrTL for electronics it sucked because as much as he wanted to try and help out at the boat between LOD duties and general TL duties it was tough. I feel for your SrTL

Because of my schedule tho, we always have a mid. Im 4 to noon then the mid is either 12 to 4 or 7 and then closer. And yet the mid cant do anything because for some reason they still have them work in other departments. Also two of the electronics TMs just don't care. One literally doesn't care, the other is like "there's nothing to do in electronics" and you tell him something that needs to be done and he says "that's boring tho" like ???? bitch you ain't here to have fun.

The only people that ever come in at open are pop collectors and I deal with that quickly. But I noticed that if a guest comes in early for some reason they end up taking the longest to help.

When I had a SrTL for electronics it sucked because as much as he wanted to try and help out at the boat between LOD duties and general TL duties it was tough. I feel for your SrTL

Because of my schedule tho, we always have a mid. Im 4 to noon then the mid is either 12 to 4 or 7 and then closer. And yet the mid cant do anything because for some reason they still have them work in other departments. Also two of the electronics TMs just don't care. One literally doesn't care, the other is like "there's nothing to do in electronics" and you tell him something that needs to be done and he says "that's boring tho" like ???? bitch you ain't here to have fun.

The only people that ever come in at open are pop collectors and I deal with that quickly. But I noticed that if a guest comes in early for some reason they end up taking the longest to help.

How big is your team ?

We have like 5 (including me)

We all put in work.

I've never really dealt with horrible pop collectors ..yet..

Pop collectors are horrible. Especially the ones who are insistent that you look through your entire back room for a certain one.

I already asserted my dominance over the pop collectors. They're all regulars and any new ones get shut down real quick if they try and pull any bullshit on me. Leadership has my back w pop collectors so I can get pretty fiesty w them. Now its a smooth process. I see pops when they come off the truck and take them behind the boat, the collectors get in, single file line one per person and we're all done. We dont backstock pops (because theres always room) so I never have to dig.

How big is your team ?

We have like 5 (including me)

We all put in work.

I've never really dealt with horrible pop collectors ..yet..
There'a 5 of us too. We do not all put in work. I put in the most work, one of them is really good tho, one is doing his best but isnt quite there and 2 flat out dont care

We have a couple of Hot Wheels collectors that compete with each other to try to corner the market on exclusive designs that try to insist new TMs in Electronics/Toys look through backstock for them. I teach the newbs to shut that shit down fast. There’s usually no backstock on those anyways, but it falls under the right to limit to a reasonable amount per guest so everyone has a chance, not just bending over for eBay collector scalpers.

I already asserted my dominance over the pop collectors. They're all regulars and any new ones get shut down real quick if they try and pull any bullshit on me. Leadership has my back w pop collectors so I can get pretty fiesty w them. Now its a smooth process. I see pops when they come off the truck and take them behind the boat, the collectors get in, single file line one per person and we're all done. We dont backstock pops (because theres always room) so I never have to dig.

There'a 5 of us too. We do not all put in work. I put in the most work, one of them is really good tho, one is doing his best but isnt quite there and 2 flat out dont care
That's shitty, I definitely feel that. We do have 2 of our team who put in a ton of work, and I appreciate it.

We have a couple of Hot Wheels collectors that compete with each other to try to corner the market on exclusive designs that try to insist new TMs in Electronics/Toys look through backstock for them. I teach the newbs to shut that shit down fast. There’s usually no backstock on those anyways, but it falls under the right to limit to a reasonable amount per guest so everyone has a chance, not just bending over for eBay collector scalpers.
I haven't dealt with any hot wheel people, just pop people, which havent been too bad

I already asserted my dominance over the pop collectors. They're all regulars and any new ones get shut down real quick if they try and pull any bullshit on me.

Oh, I don't give them out, either. We put them at the boat (one of each) and wait. There are two regulars who come in for either pops or Hot Wheels that are pretty cool, but there's one guy who comes in for Hot Wheels specifically and describes the cars he wants like he's a damn author. I'm just like... yeah, no. If we have cars stocked on the pegs and on the sidecaps, they can search through those, we've been instructed not to go to the back to look for anyone. Not that we ever really have any in the back, anyway.

XQSsuqz.jpg

This focal looks SICK! Can't wait to see what shit gets thrown underneath.

P.S. Does anyone know if were getting a new Fitbit display? Our Fitbit section now only calls for one section instead of two and I don't believe our old one is suppose to move over.
I went into my store today to buy a few things and saw this and my coworkers and I were talking about how many little kids were going to crawl under there while their oblivious parents walked around with their faces in their phones nearby. I bet it happens within the first two days of it being up.

I was helping plano push electronics after the reset this morning and hot damn there's a lot of new stuff in electronics, I thought it was just Heyday but there's like 100,000 new phone cases and headphones and other shit now. I didn't know UnderArmour makes phone cases but they totally do.

LAUT (German: "loud") is an interesting brand name for a phone case, unfortunately they're all for iPhone and there doesn't seem to be a Rammstein themed one...bummer

Back