Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

OneArmedJesus

Entertainment DBO
So since there's other megathreads for other work centers, can't see why we can't have one.

So have you guys started on the Transition yet? Has it been repacks on repacks, we had 2 flats, a tub and the cage full of repacks.

Also how's your relationship with the Target Tech people

And your usual routines ?

Let's talk

I made a thread in I'm Lost, but maybe it's better here. I was an electronics TM last year, and just started as an electronics TM at a different store. My weak point for selling is definately TVs, which I know little about (don't own one or need one), and which my old store didn't move that much outside of holiday sales. What does an electronics TM need to know about TVs?

I made a thread in I'm Lost, but maybe it's better here. I was an electronics TM last year, and just started as an electronics TM at a different store. My weak point for selling is definately TVs, which I know little about (don't own one or need one), and which my old store didn't move that much outside of holiday sales. What does an electronics TM need to know about TVs?
There is a new training guide for electronics on workbench

Transition starts this week and as a religious closer, Im screwed. 7 am shifts all week which mean i have to wake up at 5:3o for the bare minimal.
I Think My boss has lost her mind...just a little
The transition was sure something else for us, and not to mention the repacks on repacks

There's an app on the Zebra that train you on product knowledge for electronics. I forgot which app though, but it's there.

There's an app on the Zebra that train you on product knowledge for electronics. I forgot which app though, but it's there.
Is it generally okay to ask for time to do those at work? At my last store, we never did workbench training unless Corporate demanded it (certainly not any product knowledge training), and I've never had time for Zebra training.

Is it generally okay to ask for time to do those at work? At my last store, we never did workbench training unless Corporate demanded it (certainly not any product knowledge training), and I've never had time for Zebra training.

Our district HR lady encouraged us to use the app whenever we can. I don't think my boss would let me do a whole sitting training myself, but I like to finish most of my task early, then do each product knowledge one at a time when I can.

To be honest, I did most of my own product knowledge at home.

For tv's I would learn about:
Resolution (Full HD, 4k)
Refresh rates/Hertz (gaming, sports)
Types of backlight
Best size tv for specific rooms
Does it have built-in streaming app (smart tv): Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime etc.

If your not sure what specs/feature it has. Scan the barcode for the tv. Click on find elsewhere, and I believe there's a link to the Target product page where it gives you all the highlight and specs of the tv.

Last edited:

A few things look off here:

Why is your pegboard 4 ft when the graphic is 3 ft? Should really have your PMT swap it out for a better looking presentation.

Missing the 2 small price signs to let guests know how much each item costs. Since this is set as a vmg, no labels are used.

Also, did your store not receive the 3ft x 6ft base the table are supposed to sit on?

At least 2 of the magnetic graphics under the tables look misplaced. They are supposed to create the illusion of boxes. The back one isn't right.

Why is your pegboard 4 ft when the graphic is 3 ft? Should really have your PMT swap it out for a better looking presentation.

Missing the 2 small price signs to let guests know how much each item costs. Since this is set as a vmg, no labels are used.

Also, did your store not receive the 3ft x 6ft base the table are supposed to sit on?

At least 2 of the magnetic graphics under the tables look misplaced. They are supposed to create the illusion of boxes. The back one isn't right.
In all honesty, I've been gone for like 2 days and I came back to this, I'll admit it does look at bit awkward

In all honesty, I've been gone for like 2 days and I came back to this, I'll admit it does look at bit awkward

It never ceases to amaze me how sloppy Plano/signing team members can be at other stores. I don't put up with that kind of laziness at my store; I may *only* be the signing tm but the plano team knows what my expectations are and if they are not sure something looks right, they ask. And they know I will not hesitate to point out inconsistencies when I see them (there are 2 other things I noticed in your pic, but I stuck to the Heyday focal in my post, lol).

Ask your tl or PTL for a copy of the vmg for this focal. Electronics is supposed to have a copy for zoning purposes and this way you can see what it should look like. And then bug the hell out of whoever set this to correct it!

Or how about ordering the 4 ft graphic because they come in both sizes. (this way you dont bother PMT because maybe the peg is SUPPOSED to be 4ft?

I am beginning to get really annoyed with VMGing hardlines. I get it with A&A. I have no problems with Hearth and Hand.
That (heyday) will look skanky.
Oh and ours will have the (heyday) coffee on it too. Once the new one arrives because the first one looks like it was a taken out to a gun range. So its still in the BR in a half opened box.

Finally, POG TMs don't exist and plano is mostly a suggestion. If they were actually serious. They would have all targets look the same. Do they? NO, they do not.

yes we all still have our pog people and ours at my store does permanent closes. She's a TL too so she just does everything after all the others leave. Does she do pog? Only on the big sets.

So shall we not accuse people of being lazy in a process that was knifed repeatedly by Spot and left on the side of the road to die.

Last edited:
good lord can you PLEASE tell your softlines to fix that JOY wall it is HIDEOUS. let me find one of my softlines girls set something touching the basedeck or floor!
I'll trade 8 aisles of toys endcaps for the Joy wall run. Also no comment on the flat of repacks just parked by the boat?

Or how about ordering the 4 ft graphic because they come in both sizes. (this way you dont bother PMT because maybe the peg is SUPPOSED to be 4ft?

I am beginning to get really annoyed with VMGing hardlines. I get it with A&A. I have no problems with Hearth and Hand.
That (heyday) will look skanky.
Oh and ours will have the (heyday) coffee on it too. Once the new one arrives because the first one looks like it was a taken out to a gun range. So its still in the BR in a half opened box.

Finally, POG TMs don't exist and plano is mostly a suggestion. If they were actually serious. They would have all targets look the same. Do they? NO, they do not.

yes we all still have our pog people and ours at my store does permanent closes. She's a TL too so she just does everything after all the others leave. Does she do pog? Only on the big sets.

So shall we not accuse people of being lazy in a process that was knifed repeatedly by Spot and left on the side of the road to die.

Fair enough. There could be a 4ft version of the sign. But I'd rather bother the PMT for 15 mintues to swap it out than wait up to 2 weeks for the graphic to come in. And then have to continually reorder the sign with every new reset.

The process may be dying on the side of the road, but that doesn't mean the merchandising standards need to die along with it.

Belongs here:)
More info on square trade

Do I need to register or activate my SquareTrade Protection Plan?
Registration is not required, until a claim needs to be filed. Registration needs to be done online at squaretrade.com/target.
Do I need to register my plan?
Registration is purely optional and can only be completed online. This is a way to provide copies of the purchase receipt so that all this information is available if you need to file a claim further down the road.

Don’t worry if you haven't registered yet! If you need to file a claim later, you will be prompted to provide all information needed to register. Click here if you need to file a claim.

Please note, you cannot register your plan over the phone because we need you to create a password.

What does a SquareTrade plan cover?

SquareTrade Protection Plans covers all mechanical/electrical failures that happen during normal use, such as button failure, depleted (non-replaceable) batteries, and non-responsive charging ports or audio jacks. Plans that include accident protection also cover damage from accidents like drop and spills.

If a protected item is damaged and we determine it can be repaired, we cover 100% of the cost of parts and labor. If your item is irreparable, we’ll contact you to discuss options for replacing your item. Coverage lasts for the term of your plan or until the coverage amount of your plan (generally equal to item purchase price) is used up.

What's not covered by a SquareTrade plan?
SquareTrade Protection Plans covers all mechanical/electrical failures that happen during normal use, such as button failure, depleted (non-replaceable) batteries, and nonresponsive charging ports or audio jacks. Plans that include accident protection also cover damage from accidents like drop and spills.

Some of the things that are NOT covered by a SquareTrade plan include:
  • Damage from misuse, negligence, loss or theft
  • Consumable items such as light bulbs, fuses, and batteries (unless offered as a special/premium feature on select warranties)
  • Products intended for heavy commercial or industrial use
  • Pre-existing conditions, dead-on-arrival (DOA) items, or issues that occur within any exclusionary period

Transition starts this week and as a religious closer, Im screwed. 7 am shifts all week which mean i have to wake up at 5:3o for the bare minimal.
I Think My boss has lost her mind...just a little
Yes.
Fair enough. There could be a 4ft version of the sign. But I'd rather bother the PMT for 15 mintues to swap it out than wait up to 2 weeks for the graphic to come in. And then have to continually reorder the sign with every new reset.

The process may be dying on the side of the road, but that doesn't mean the merchandising standards need to die along with it.
OK, PMTs which would you do?
Tell signage/ electronics to go order sign, or
change pegboard and deal with possibility its too small for rest of Gondola. Mine laughed and said no. Go order a sign.

To be serious, does anything have a serious problem with the New TCLs staying on the HDMI you set them? 2 keep migrating

Back