Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

XQSsuqz.jpg

Did PMT change those doodoo looking tiles in front of the focal?

Pop collectors are horrible. Especially the ones who are insistent that you look through your entire back room for a certain one.

Hey, now, I collect Pops. I promise you, I'm not going to actually assume a TM has time or even can look through the back room. Besides, there are other stores (G...) that have them and can even reserve them for the rabid ones, unless they're Spot exclusives.

Are those tv display boxes up there?
Honestly we have so much wasted space at the top of our stockroom wacos, I dont understand why we don’t just keep the display boxes up there,instead of throwing them out & letting parts get misplaced. Selling TV Displays would be so much easier having the box & actually being able to locate the crap that goes with it.
Not to mention it’ll cancel having to take down a tv to get to the serial then not having the guest card go through & having to put it back up (happened 3 different occasions, so yeah I gotta throw that in there )

Hey, now, I collect Pops. I promise you, I'm not going to actually assume a TM has time or even can look through the back room. Besides, there are other stores (G...) that have them and can even reserve them for the rabid ones, unless they're Spot exclusives.
Okay, well you're excluded from that lol.
I just find the crazy collectors to be annoying. Like when that Nuka Cola came out... ugh. That was bullsh*t.

Are any of you guys flow/electronics?

Like, who does the truck for you guys and then backstocks? Atm I do flow from 4-7:15, lunch (it sucks) and then back to electronics from 8-12

For a while (a year) I was expected to do the autofills, truck, and backstock within the 3 hours, but that just ain't feasable all the time and backstock just piles the fuck up. I used to do after 8 and just listen out for calls. So now we have a new electronics TL who insists I do not backstock at all because I need to be on the floor servicing guests. Fair. Backroom doesn't have the time to go back to backstocking electronics and now with the transition the amount of backstock is disgusting.

So I'm looking for ways to try and get everything done and keep everyone happy.

If all else fails, the ETL Log and BRTL want to take me in as flow/backroom where I still handle electronics, but on the logistics end (truck/backstock) and general br once that's done.

I am this. Except the fucking ETLs/TLs can't agree if I'm supposed to do the backroom or if I am to hang out on the sales floor to make the department look "brand"

Except I get 4-5 hour shifts each day and can't do either. God forbid if the DC dumps a skid of books on us.

Due to us being end to end in my Electronics we do everything our selves.

We push the truck, backstock, do pulls, Plano related stuff.

But we still have a Backroom team, so they'll occasionally do our pulls and sometimes back stock our stuff.

I put backroom stuff until the end of my shift or until there's coverage (mobile or another tm)

When I'm a Mid, I'll do backroom stuff

We trained a Flow newbie to help us push the cage, since our Opener on Tuesday has to do Tune in Tuesday but seeing how I got called in that day just for truck push, I guess we won't be needing him

Did PMT change those doodoo looking tiles in front of the focal?

Probably not. He has so much other workload to finish. The only time I've seen him change them is when it's damaged. If it's really dirty, he'll probably ask global (cleaning crew) to give it some TLC.

Lol our Target Tech team is finally realizing that they have shitty jobs and pay, they want to quit. I make more per hour than their team lead
Lol, how long did it take them this time? The tech lead is the only one we've managed to keep longer than three months in a long time at my store.

Lol, how long did it take them this time? The tech lead is the only one we've managed to keep longer than three months in a long time at my store.
3 months for the lead and 2 months for our other girl.

They both want to switch over to Target lol

But we still have a Backroom team, so they'll occasionally do our pulls and sometimes back stock our stuff.

I put backroom stuff until the end of my shift or until there's coverage (mobile or another tm)

We trained a Flow newbie to help us push the cage, since our Opener on Tuesday has to do Tune in Tuesday but seeing how I got called in that day just for truck push, I guess we won't be needing him

God I almost would prefer this. If I was able to focus exclusively on electronics I'd be able to come in, know exactly what I have to do, and get most of it done. Sadly my store is still one of those that treats the Electronics TM as a Hardlines TM that can't back up. No I don't have time to help toys with their zone and do a toys pull during transition. When it's during dead time, sure.

Our plano still does plano stuff in electronics, including entertainment monday/tuesday. We just have to push truck, sell, and backstock. backroom will do pulls just because they like to keep the gun clear and we have so few pulls. We have a good amount of hours going into electronics so its pretty nice. I have 1 really good partner but the 2 we use for closing mopup suck. They can push truck but once we are gone, nothing gets done. They don't backstock, start projects, and they zone like crap.

God I almost would prefer this. If I was able to focus exclusively on electronics I'd be able to come in, know exactly what I have to do, and get most of it done. Sadly my store is still one of those that treats the Electronics TM as a Hardlines TM that can't back up. No I don't have time to help toys with their zone and do a toys pull during transition. When it's during dead time, sure.
Electronics TMs at my store are expected to work (or help with ) toys/sporting goods/stationary freight and zone/abandon. The only time I’m at the boat is when someone needs to be rung up or needs something unlocked.

When I came in, we were supposed to zone or not push Sporting Goods, but the STL and ETL hardlines have instructed us to stop zoning or reshopping in Sporting Goods. Guest Service hasn't stopped sending us the Sporting Goods reshop yet, and we're working on getting the message communicated. We're not supposed to push electronics, either (Flow is), but Flow dumps push on us all the time, and I usually get upbraided for it if my TL is around.

When I came in, we were supposed to zone or not push Sporting Goods, but the STL and ETL hardlines have instructed us to stop zoning or reshopping in Sporting Goods. Guest Service hasn't stopped sending us the Sporting Goods reshop yet, and we're working on getting the message communicated. We're not supposed to push electronics, either (Flow is), but Flow dumps push on us all the time, and I usually get upbraided for it if my TL is around.
Flow does that to us all the time. They don't even tell us what they've left, they just leave boxes in the aisles with no communication.

just show up, change them yourself and charge the hours to that store ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This. ours is more of a phone booth or crawl space tho
Ours is a long cramped hallway with mesh wrapped around it. I sware someone though it would be a smart idea to put it on top of our fixture room (which is spacious and big) and then everyone else said NOP so they used the storage hallway for it instead,

Has any heard about this?

I know Marketsource was leaving some small stores but it's looking like it's more widespread
How do you tell if your store is a low tier store?

I know Marketsource was leaving some small stores but it's looking like it's more widespread

I dunno but ours is here to stay for the time being. They get so much business it's insane. Mostly consumer Cellular. Sometimes there will be at least 3 people waiting while they are helping one person. This store isn't ready if we ever switch over. They do a good bit of post pay as well.

My store is mid volume and this is happening to us in August. I hope they don't expect our team to get anything done.

Back