Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Ah yes the dread of my existence; sporting goods
My STL outright said Electronics is to stop zoning Sporting Goods, and that while E&E needs to be zoned, it is not to be our priority, and we can focus on push and guests and backstock and let the zone slip if we have to.

Every close he does, ETL GE tells Electronics to zone Sporting Goods and often part of Market, and wants us starting zones the second our shift starts so we can zone all night.

Sold my first contract phone tonight with half ass training ... felt good. it was a shit show, a successful one tho. Looking back on it, I seriously don’t remember scanning a gift card for the promo aka the whole reason why she chose to finance rather than buying It out. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣

Did anyone else question their sanity for moment when they first heard the Italian cover of Adele’s “Hello” that’s now in the loop back in electronics? I thought I’d finally cracked at first, but then recognized the song because the phrasing of the refrain is still very distinct even when translated into another language. (The singing has a little too much vibrato for my taste as a musician, but otherwise it’s an interesting addition.)

Did anyone else question their sanity for moment when they first heard the Italian cover of Adele’s “Hello” that’s now in the loop back in electronics? I thought I’d finally cracked at first, but then recognized the song because the phrasing of the refrain is still very distinct even when translated into another language. (The singing has a little too much vibrato for my taste as a musician, but otherwise it’s an interesting addition.)
I dont think I've heard it yet

Il Divo!

Hello, long lurker but finally registered.
I've been Electronics for 3 years, mostly a closer, at my store (a Super). My store had a full remodel (the exact one on the remodel picture dump thread). The target tech people are hit or miss. I've had some real cool that I still talk/chill with but a lot of questionable ones pop in and out of my store and are absolute morons. Marketsource (phone company for target) is actually closing about every EE-Location in my district except my store so we have an influx of weirdos.

My duties usually end up in zoning toys,sporting goods, electronics, MMB, mini seasonal, regular seasonal (sometimes) and pets (sometimes). It seems like a lot but this new remodel has removed a ton of aisles and has condensed a lot of departments.
Happy to talk and let people know whatsup. Oh, and yeah that Italian Adele cover loop is totally stupid!

Welcome!

And God, Entertainment is rarely zoned at my store. My Team is responsible for zoning Electronics/toys/Sporting Goods
We'll occasionally stray into Baby Hardlines but that's about it

How do other stores do the 3x3 sale signs on the book fixtures? If we stick it to the label strip, it's hidden by the books in front of it, but we were told not to just throw them out anymore like we used to.

How do other stores do the 3x3 sale signs on the book fixtures? If we stick it to the label strip, it's hidden by the books in front of it, but we were told not to just throw them out anymore like we used to.
Hahahha, I’m the only person that zones or even picks up random things in entertainment, ex entertainment team member still doing the job. Anyways I tell them not to put up the signs if they can’t be seen because no one ever takes them down! They also never take down the new at Target signs, so I don’t put those up either.

In the past, my other Electronics TMs do the signing and "conveniently" forget to put the 3x3 signs on the book fixtures. Now with the new book section, its a normal shelf that takes up a little more than half the aisle. No more 3x3 BS

YES HAHAHA

They always go straight into the trash no matter what anybody says. If they want the signs visible they can redesign the fixture

Back