Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

How many people work in your electronics department?

Currently 7, but 9 are keyed for mine. We are B volume. Know what that means? Everyone gets about 15 hours a week. 4 will work in a day, but no one working more than a 4 hour shift.

Seems counterproductive. If I find something wrong, sometimes I don't have enough damn time to fix it depending on what the issue is and TBH the others are either too new to even know or picking up the slack from the new people. Why keep 2 seasonal people when you already have a full electronics team?

We only have 3 people in electronics, 1 of them gets 40 hours/week, the other two differ between 20-30, then they have a random person (usually me) cover the extra days that needed covering. We're an A volume store

We only have 3 people in electronics, 1 of them gets 40 hours/week, the other two differ between 20-30, then they have a random person (usually me) cover the extra days that needed covering. We're an A volume store
Yeah our store use to have 4 of us, we all got decent hours and even alternated weekends. We had an extra that just closed most of the time. Don't know when they decided they needed so many hands in the pot but it drives AP wild.

We have 4 people (not including our tl) at the moment

We're supposed to be a 5 person team but we're doing fine with 4

Everyone is getting decent hours

3 1/4 here we do perfectly fine just they don’t know how to schedule or at least check the schedule many times hour gaps all 3 of us work 35-40 a week the 1/4 I won’t go into details with

We have four people, one who only works closing shifts on sat and sun. The other three of us get like 35+ hours on normal payroll, and this workcenter is the best functioning it's been in awhile and our Leader notices that so he's not really actively looking for another person. Life's good in Electronics for once lol

Not in electronics anymore but we still have target mobile, (excuse me, tech lol) and it hasn’t changed since when I was back there. I made friends with the Wireless TL and he’s been here for almost a year. There’s 6 total ELEC TM’s at the moment. An open, a mid and a close. I loved electronics but I could never keep up with modernization and everything we had to do, so I moved. We were 5 before I moved, then I left and there were 4, but now they’re 6 and they schedule them okay-ish from what I hear.

My team currently has two keyed, but we're supposed to have 3-4 as a plus mobile store

Update on the heyday portable charger false advertising. The 4000 mAh ones are actually 2,300 mAh.
Again, not really false advertising. Slightly misleading, yes. False, no. The power bank is actually charging to a 4000 mAH capacity, but due to the difference in converting from power bank voltage (3.6-3.7V) to phone charging voltage (5.0V), you lose a lot of mAH. This often amounts to around 60% output mAH to input. If battery and power banks advertised in watt hours (Wh) or milliwatt hours (mWh), this problem/discrepancy would be solved. Unfortunately, this just isn't the case, so we're stuck with milliamp hours and conversion issues.

Again, not really false advertising.

There is not a single portable charger out there that list "actual/realworld" charging capacity. They all want the biggest number possble on that packaging and that means the size of the cell inside. If the hayday is saying 4k but only has a 2.3k cell in it then that is false advertising.

The Target.com page says explicitly "Battery Capacity: 4000 mAh" when the battery itself says "Battery Capacity: 2300 mAh" I don't think there's any arguing that its just plain out false.

The Target.com page says explicitly "Battery Capacity: 4000 mAh" when the battery itself says "Battery Capacity: 2300 mAh" I don't think there's any arguing that its just plain out false.

Because Target.com never has typos or inaccurate information. There’s disclaimers and crap for that. Just like every other website.

There is not a single portable charger out there that list "actual/realworld" charging capacity. They all want the biggest number possble on that packaging and that means the size of the cell inside. If the hayday is saying 4k but only has a 2.3k cell in it then that is false advertising.

It's misleading, not false advertising. You seem to be in that guest mindset of "I think this is false advertising when it really isn't"

Just...no. the power bank itself explicitly lists both ratings, and the voltage with which it's rated for the 4000 mAh capacity on the second line. The power bank also lists POWER BANK Capacity: 2300 mAh (not battery capacity). Now, if the power bank only listed the 2300 mAh rating and not the 4000 mAh rating, then the website would have an issue. But, alas, there's no problem here. I agree that the whole rating system is a little misleading, but Spot (and every other power bank manufacturer) has dotted their I's and crossed their T's here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-03-18-13-39.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-03-18-13-39.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190203_181148.jpg
    20190203_181148.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Have a question for all Tune In wise what time does everyone’s store start on Mondays? My store been flipping back and forth on times since October

Have a question for all Tune In wise what time does everyone’s store start on Mondays? My store been flipping back and forth on times since October
Mine use to be 4am, then 6am, and now it’s 8am.
It’s also 8am on Tuesdays.

We now according to leadership Cooperate wants Tune in to be done only during store hours on Monday’s & Tuesday’s but they are on us about not making sales or having truck finished on those days back when we were a 4am/6am start we exceeded on everything every week.

Someone posted on reddit that we are cutting ties with Marketsource and will be doing all phone sales and activations. I know this rumor pops up every year but since some stores actually do this now, I wonder how much truth there is to it. Can anybody confirm/deny? If it’s true, I’m demoting to cashier or either guest 😂.

Back