Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

By the way, anyones sales been funky? We keep missing sales by an extreme amount in electronics, and today we actually made negative sales, what gives? What was going on this time of the year last year that causes these extremely impossible goals?
There has to be something broken. Electronics has had a higher forecast than market and A&A more often than not these past couple weeks. Our sales goals are like nearly double what they arguably should be. I've seen high goals before, but this is nuts.

There has to be something broken. Electronics has had a higher forecast than market and A&A more often than not these past couple weeks. Our sales goals are like nearly double what they arguably should be. I've seen high goals before, but this is nuts.
Based on last years sales, I’m assuming people got more income tax refunds last year and therefore spent more.

Someone posted on reddit that we are cutting ties with Marketsource and will be doing all phone sales and activations. I know this rumor pops up every year but since some stores actually do this now, I wonder how much truth there is to it. Can anybody confirm/deny? If it’s true, I’m demoting to cashier or either guest 😂.
My store has been doing this since last May. We love it. Test store.

Last edited:
By the way, anyones sales been funky? We keep missing sales by an extreme amount in electronics, and today we actually made negative sales, what gives? What was going on this time of the year last year that causes these extremely impossible goals?
Easter was earlier.

Earlier Easter, tax refunds, or new game system releases last year can not account for the incredibly high sales goals Electronics has been given this year. Our sales are a little more than half of forecast each day. I think HQ has raised the goals because of Mod and Electronics is a specialty area. However, based on the guest traffic we have in the store we could not make those numbers.

My store has been doing this since last May. We love it. Test store.
Considering I watched Target Tech with 4 guests waiting and taking at least 30 minutes with each the other day, all consumer Cellular -- no thanks. I couldn't imagine doing that and trying to run electronics and answer my phone since I've read many stores haven't allocated extra hours for mobile.

We’re missing sales, but I’m thinking it has to do with our remodel. People don’t want to shop here while there’s construction going on. Also late February and early March are so slow.

Electronics sales goals the past two days have been more realistic. A little more than a third of last week's.

The R300 VP visited our store and said that he wanted use to permanently have a mid every day in electronics (we only ever had an opener and a closer) so we'd always have somebody "actively" at the boat (we're modernized so electronics does everything electronics related, from signing to truck), and our Electronics TL said that it's for us to start getting ready for phasing out market source.

Honestly, if we got an 8 hour mid instead of the target mobile people who would do phone activations as needed, and just help do other tasks in Electronics when not (detail zoning, setting POGs and endcaps, etc.), I am totally for this change. I know the Plus Mobile stores have been struggling when scheduled by themselves, but if we had a guaranteed mid we could actually get stuff done instead of having target mobile just playing around on their phones all day since they aren't officially Target.

Considering I watched Target Tech with 4 guests waiting and taking at least 30 minutes with each the other day, all consumer Cellular -- no thanks. I couldn't imagine doing that and trying to run electronics and answer my phone since I've read many stores haven't allocated extra hours for mobile.
We have midshift double coverage. We got extra payroll for getting rid of the Mobil guy. And when there’s no phone guests there are 2 stocking the truck, etc. it’s fantastic.

We have midshift double coverage. We got extra payroll for getting rid of the Mobil guy. And when there’s no phone guests there are 2 stocking the truck, etc. it’s fantastic.
If consumer Cellular had its own store it would do very well here. That's my main issue with not wanting to do mobile. There is always at least one to two people waiting for it. Oh and commission.

Anyone else's electronics have 4 people work in a day, but all working 4 or 3 hour shifts with no overlap?

We use to have 5 electronics team members. One only worked at nights and weekends. The other 4 of us had set schedules and rotated working on the weekends with every other weekend off. It worked and everyone was happy. Don’t know why they decided that was a bad thing.

Our team has different availabilities and certain scheduling needed, so it became necessary for set schedules.

Actually the only day we get multiple people in are Tuesdays (opener works on Tune In) mid works on any other Electronics based tasks, then the closer. Saturday, Opener, a mid that slighty overlaps with the opener and the closer. Closer comes in later in the night

Sunday, is the only day with a opener, mid and closer and no overlap at all.

We're operating at 3-4 tms

We literally only have 3 Tms and with the recent changes it’s worked perfect for us all 3 of us get 35+ a week and we have a set rotating schedule everyone gets same amount of opens & closes and rotating weekends to where every 3rd weekend u have one off. It took a bit but once HR actually got out of the office and realized how the edits being done with the schedule by not using the allotted hours effected the store. Things changed quickly

That must be nice. When my store ditched MS last August we were told that there would be no extra hours. It shows, we have no time to do much. Even though 95% of our phone activations are CC that only take 20-30 minutes on average. There's some days we've had to utilize waitlist.me just for the sheer number of guests that have come in.

Our backroom is a wreck, our entertainment revisions often go half-assed, I couldn't tell you the last time the department was properly zoned.

I would have bailed but I'm still getting a descent number of hours and it's too cold to go job hunting right now.

That must be nice. When my store ditched MS last August we were told that there would be no extra hours. It shows, we have no time to do much. Even though 95% of our phone activations are CC that only take 20-30 minutes on average. There's some days we've had to utilize waitlist.me just for the sheer number of guests that have come in.

Our backroom is a wreck, our entertainment revisions often go half-assed, I couldn't tell you the last time the department was properly zoned.

I would have bailed but I'm still getting a descent number of hours and it's too cold to go job hunting right now.
I feel like your story is the majority of stores that have absorbed selling and activating phones.

I feel like your story is the majority of stores that have absorbed selling and activating phones.
I don't think we've ever been quite that busy with mobile since taking over, but we've had some challenges with finding people that want to do the job. I'm a little miffed about only getting 2 or 3 extra hours of payroll weekly for being plus mobile, but it works decently well otherwise. My STL doesn't share my optimism, though. He's mentioned wanting to just turn guests away if they come in for a contract activation

I don't think we've ever been quite that busy with mobile since taking over, but we've had some challenges with finding people that want to do the job. I'm a little miffed about only getting 2 or 3 extra hours of payroll weekly for being plus mobile, but it works decently well otherwise. My STL doesn't share my optimism, though. He's mentioned wanting to just turn guests away if they come in for a contract activation
Turning them away? Does he not like making money?

Back