Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Hey you guys! How can I get our electronics TMs buy into using our my checkouts to let guests pay? They aren’t using them at all at this point and their TL doesn’t seem to really care.

We are required to have 1 back there at all times to “save the sale” so if it’s out of stock in store but available online or only online we can help them order it right then and there. If they have cash we will gladly ring up a gift card for them so they can use it on their order with them understanding that it will go on a gift card if returned. We do have a printer stationed back in electronics as well. I’d have to see if they would want us to do the “line busting” and ring out only through the my checkout device.

I always used to grab a myCheckout when I was in HL because no one wanted to carry that brick around and that way I always got a scanner to use. However, where we had 4 before the holidays, I think we are now down to 1 which is kept at GS. I could have used one today to sell an iPad mini, instead I sent them to GS

I doubt it because you probably couldn’t scan the activation bar code. They’re adding new stuff all the time though. It would certainly help with our metrics.

I’m being told that the expectation is that every transaction back there should be done on a my checkout. The only time they are supposed to use the register is to sign up a RedCard or if a guest is paying cash.

That would be a quick way to make me go to the Wal-Mart across the street. If I buy something in electronics it's pricey and I want to use my card on an actual register. Maybe I just don't like options being taken away though.

vfPIGVg.jpg

New displays are working flawless, along with giving us plugs for Europe

View attachment 7686
Behold our Demo home. I secretly attached the demo hue bulb to a wemo we had during Christmas. And set up all the Google Homes we had to TV's so we can show guests casting via Chromecast.

Our BDS guys don't want us changing what's on the TV's what so ever.

On a different note, today we got in a bunch of new Amibos with a street date of 4/12. No sooner than I put them in the new release area SFS comes around and takes a couple, including the new Bowser. I was pissed, how the hell are we selling street dated shit online??

Our BDS guys don't want us changing what's on the TV's what so ever.

On a different note, today we got in a bunch of new Amibos with a street date of 4/12. No sooner than I put them in the new release area SFS comes around and takes a couple, including the new Bowser. I was pissed, how the hell are we selling street dated shit online??
Same here. The only thing I figure is they will be delivered on the 12th to the guest.

I’m being told that the expectation is that every transaction back there should be done on a my checkout. The only time they are supposed to use the register is to sign up a RedCard or if a guest is paying cash.

this is either fake news or just something your store/district is doing

with all the issues that line busting has, it's not best for the guest to try and ring EVERY transaction on mycheckout

The thing is, as long as I have known GameStop, they don't ship new releases until the day it is released.

Amazon does and has for a long time. Same thing with books, which I've ordered more often. You're supposed to get it in the mail on the release day. Otherwise, why preorder something you want as soon as possible?

Last edited:
Amazon does and has for a long time. Same thing with books, which I've ordered more often. You're supposed to get it in the mail on the release day. Otherwise, why preorder something you want as soon as possible?

That's one of the reasons I don't preorder in the mail, not that I find anything worth or needing preordering these days. But companies go through ridiculous means to prevent games and movies from being sold early.

Has anyone’s team put the Hot Item: GOT Oreos with the rest of the product? We did that thanks to partnering with the Food TL & Vendor. Of course we sold through them like water but the guest traffic overall was focused more in Electronics then Market

Has anyone’s team put the Hot Item: GOT Oreos with the rest of the product? We did that thanks to partnering with the Food TL & Vendor. Of course we sold through them like water but the guest traffic overall was focused more in Electronics then Market
I wanted to put them on the Endcap I made for Funkos with the rest of Game of Thrones crap but my other co worker was like no

Back