Archived Let's show support to T2050 in Jennings, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
T2050 in Jennings is the store that many of you may or may not have seen on the news during the coverage of all the rioting in the Ferguson, MO area.

The police command center is in their parking lot and despite all that is going on they have been open, busy, and doing their best to push forward with all that is going on. The Quik Trip you saw on TV that was burned down is just about a third of a mile from their store on the same street. The looting last night and nearly a week ago even reached some businesses in the plaza where they are at.

If you would like to show support of the team. Please feel free to leave a message here or send cards, etc. to their store. I am sure the team would like food too. I know I sent them a couple pizzas yesterday to show support.

Jennings Target
8007 W. Florissant Ave
Jennings, MO 63136

People need to stop rioting. They brought forward evidence that the victim of that shooting commited a strong armed robbery and wasn't innocent like all the rioters said. So silly.

Hope those tms are doing alright.

They brought forward evidence that the victim of that shooting commited a strong armed robbery and wasn't innocent like all the rioters said.

lol at this post

Why? We all know why people are rioting.

Tell me why it is okay for those people to riot and turn that city into what one article describes "a war zone"? Over what? A thug who got shot? Those rioters are no better if not worse.

On a different note I hope spot has beefed up AP at that store.

After our store got robbed we had a cop for about a week. That's probably what they're doing.

I think this thread is supposed to be in support of the team working at that store, not a place to argue over the case.

You guys at that store, I hope everyone makes it through this safely.

I agree, but supporting the rioters is hurting the well being of that city, including that Target store.

There are definitely arguments to be made either way on the case which I won't get into further, but they are protesting in the worst way possible by sinking into anarchy.

Since there are protesters who are keeping stores from being looted I think there are some really broad generalizations being made.
Bad people using civic unrest as an opportunity to cause havoc is an unfortunate part of the evil perpetrated by police acting like soldiers and thugs.

The character assassination of the man who was killed is pretty standard procedure for a police department realizing that it is deep shit.
How else is it going to justify shooting a man in cold blood and then treating the body no better than road kill?

I support the people caught in the middle of this mess.
The TMs at the store.
The people who live on the street who get shoved around and told to leave.
The people shot with rubber bullets who were just trying to get home from work.

I don't have to put my hands up and hope I don't get shot because I'm the wrong color.
We can only hope that this horrible event will change how this country is turning our police into heavily armed military forces/

Since there are protesters who are keeping stores from being looted I think there are some really broad generalizations being made.
Bad people using civic unrest as an opportunity to cause havoc is an unfortunate part of the evil perpetrated by police acting like soldiers and thugs.

The character assassination of the man who was killed is pretty standard procedure for a police department realizing that it is deep shit.
How else is it going to justify shooting a man in cold blood and then treating the body no better than road kill?

The TMs at the store.

I don't have to put my hands up and hope I don't get shot because I'm the wrong color.
We can only hope that this horrible event will change how this country is turning our police into heavily armed military forces/

Woah let's not even bring race into this.

The TMs at the store.

Sorry but that's what this is all about.
In a town that 70% black and only 3 members of the police force, one of the six city council members, and one of the seven school board members that is pretty telling.
When blacks make up 86 percent of all traffic stops in Ferguson despite being roughly two-thirds of the driving population that's pretty telling.

When the police are sitting on tanks with machine guns pointed at the crowd that is pretty telling.
When the police are shooting people at random (including members of the clergy) with rubber bullets that is pretty telling.
When the police arrest a man who they clubbed in the head for bleeding on their uniforms that is pretty telling.

My hands are up, don't shoot.
Last words.

Last edited:
I'm just going to say I see the situation differently and leave it at that.

The rioting needs to stop. Hope those target Tms are okay, those rioters were setting buildings on fire... Yikes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/14/media-black-victims_n_5673291.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/16/ferguson-protesters-guard-stores_n_5684042.html

http://www.upworthy.com/a-news-anch...son-seem-even-more-shocking?c=hpstream?c=huf1

I'll certainly agree to disagree.

But from everything I've seen the police are happy to protect white neighborhoods but won't help store owners in the black neighborhoods.
That was left to the protesters.

The top post is why we tend to see things so differently when these things happen.

Last edited:
In the meantime I chant this silent prayer...Please let this be sarcasm......Please let this be sarcasm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Overruled. While I don't sanction sending pizza or anything else to a store, I also don't see the reason this topic can't stay open. We are all wearing adult pants so I think we can post what we feel on the topic. Don't disparage any users and stay anonymous, those are really my only rules. This isn't a Target-sponsored community, so we can have conversations that any adults would have inside and outside of work. If anyone disagrees with a voice in the conversation to the point of anger or disgust, you are welcome to voice your concerns in private with that user, or feel free to close your browser and leave the conversation.

Overruled. While I don't sanction sending pizza or anything else to a store, I also don't see the reason this topic can't stay open. We are all wearing adult pants so I think we can post what we feel on the topic. Don't disparage any users and stay anonymous, those are really my only rules. This isn't a Target-sponsored community, so we can have conversations that any adults would have inside and outside of work. If anyone disagrees with a voice in the conversation to the point of anger or disgust, you are welcome to voice your concerns in private with that user, or feel free to close your browser and leave the conversation.

You the real MVP Formina.

I was thinking about this not too long ago - how difficult and scary it would be if I had to go to work with something like this going on. My thoughts are with the employees of this store.

Regardless of a crime he had commited. At the time he was stopped by the officers he had no knowledge of the previous incident and acted of his own accord.

I hope that store pulls through.

The police officer MAY have overstepped his bounds (we really need to wait for the investigation to conclude); but there are still too many unanswered questions. However if he did overstep his bounds on the shooting, then he should be punished.

However the protesters are portraying him as a good kid who did "nothing wrong". Based on the allegations of robbery (the surveillance video) and resisting arrest, you could easily argue that this young man was at the very least troubled. Given his age being 18 (an adult), and robbery by force constituting at the very least a Misdemeanor if not Felony, I would consider him a criminal.

Although, the robbery footage has nothing to do with the reason he was being stopped by the officer, and other than generating public opinion, really holds no value overall. Unless they cross-examine his character and/or the police officer's.

Of course I don't think every troubled young black male should be shot. If the police officer didn't need to shoot him, I'm all for convicting him on a lesser degree of murder/manslaughter. If they find out the police officer acted with malice in the shooting, then a Murder charge would be appropriate.

Some of the protesters have done good and tried to put an end to the rioting/bad behavior that has gone on. But the fact that there are people setting buildings on fire and going apeshit bananas when this young man isn't the "model citizen" that they claim (quite the contrary in fact), that really grinds my gears.

I hope people will just calm down and let the police do their investigation.

This is the last that I will say on the subject of the shooting incident.

It sounds like the rioting is starting to subside some anyways, which is great news for all involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to start drama but my question for the rioters is why aren't you rioting in Chicago? There was a young woman that recently graduated from high school and she was gunned down this weekend in a drive by shooting. The rioting is always selective. Shouldn't people mourn victims in gun violence no matter the race of the shooters?

I disagree, the OP did not intend for the riot to become the topic of this tread but for the topic to be to support the Target in that area. If people wanna debate their viewpoints on the riots then they can take it to another post.

TO THE OP: Good for ya to send some pizza. I bet they loved it, i know my team loves it when pizza is bought for them. If anyone at that store gets hurt i hope the police show the rioters some real brutality.

I don't want to start drama but my question for the rioters is why aren't you rioting in Chicago? There was a young woman that recently graduated from high school and she was gunned down this weekend in a drive by shooting. The rioting is always selective. Shouldn't people mourn victims in gun violence no matter the race of the shooters?

The riots are due to the actions of people whom we expect to protect us from things like drive bys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back