Likelihood of Being Rehired once Seasonal Position Ends

Would REALLY appreciate your answers on this:

So, my Seasonal GM Expert position ended Dec 26, 2020. I believe they liked my work :) Since then, I applied twice to whatever I thought I qualified for part-time wanting 15 hours a week, 20 ish for holidays, etc., with preference to 3 consecutive days a week, ANY days, preferably 7am-Noon. (I'm over age 55 and care for two disabled people, so that's why the particular hours.)

What's my likelihood of getting an interview?? So far, haven't heard much.

Thanks, in advance, for your responses!!

Unless the planets really align for you, it’s difficult to get hired, or even called in for an interview, with such limited availability. Mornings only availability is especially undesirable for most stores, because those are the shifts that are the most popular, and are usually already filled, or easily able to be filled, by existing team members. Target prefers open availability, but your being available on the weekend is a plus, and in most stores being available for closing or late shifts would help your chances.

Hours are particularly low in January/February and there are few hours for existing TMs, so it’s likely that they won’t be hiring until March. Good luck!

As of now till mid March you should collect on employment, there are no hours even for the part timers. Come mid March and early April you should definitely apply. You already know the store procedures I'm guessing and if you did good during the seasonal phase you have an excellent chance of being rehired. We take back our seasonal help because it's easier to hire people that already know the routine.

Call HR in March. Ask what their needs are. Maybe they need someone who can work 6am to 1 and maybe you can accommodate that. You won't need to reapply because they will just reactivate you.

Back