Archived Likely a dumb question, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSAhole

Former GSA
So, lately I've been seeing a lot of ads in my area hiring for Target Mobile. Out of curiosity, being that Target Mobile employees aren't actually employed by Target (from what I understand), what if a person (like me) who was terminated from Target applied for Target Mobile? If you're ineligible for rehire at Target, would it apply to Target mobile too? I mean, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but, I still want to hear what you think.

Target Mobile is run by MarketSource, which is a separate company. I'm not familiar with their policies, but I would think as long as you weren't fired for theft, they shouldn't have a problem putting you in a store.

That would be the ultimate in irony if you somehow wound up at your old store but leadership might have something to say about that.

That would be the ultimate in irony if you somehow wound up at your old store but leadership might have something to say about that.

Almost happened at my store..... I quickly took care of that and made the Market Source District Manager move said team member.... He refused, I told the DM that the former TM wasn't welcome in my store. He thought it was a smart move to make my store go "Black" for three days... His regional Manager didn't think so.... LOL

I think it would be a bad idea. You were termed from target for cause and through investigation. What if the asset protection market manager recognized you at another store. You may be immediately termed. Even though they are not the same company, they do have vendor contracts.

Actually, you can absolutely still work for them, no matter why you were fired, if they're willing to take you. However, the STL of a store can request certain Target Mobile people not work in that store, so you'd probably be put at a different location.

We had that happen....TM had been fired for abusing the "punch correction forms"......then she showed up as a Target mobile TM.....after just a couple of weeks she just disappeared.

We had that happen....TM had been fired for abusing the "punch correction forms"......then she showed up as a Target mobile TM.....after just a couple of weeks she just disappeared.
lol very interesting. So she didn't last with Target Mobile?

Does the LOD have any say over you? If not, I would even take a pay cut and less hours just so I could be at my store and give them my biggest and fakist grin knowing they cant say or do shit to me. Oh the passive aggression would be...aggressive.

Our Target Mobile workers don't last at all. They're in and out; New faces every month.

If target HR has a previous TM listed as not rehirable and I knew about it, there is 0 chance I would hire that person in my district, especially if that TM was from the same Target district. Even if not, I'd look for every reason not to hire that person... nothing personal against you but a TM's non-rehirable status will come out during the onboarding process with Target since you have to give name/social to create a POS ID...

I have no idea why you left on bad terms and are listed as non-rehirable, but typically that is enough reason for me to not even interview a green candidate even if recruiting "clears" them.

Any DM for mobile would be stupid to do otherwise, client leadership relationships are too important.

If target HR has a previous TM listed as not rehirable and I knew about it, there is 0 chance I would hire that person in my district, especially if that TM was from the same Target district. Even if not, I'd look for every reason not to hire that person... nothing personal against you but a TM's non-rehirable status will come out during the onboarding process with Target since you have to give name/social to create a POS ID...

I have no idea why you left on bad terms and are listed as non-rehirable, but typically that is enough reason for me to not even interview a green candidate even if recruiting "clears" them.

Any DM for mobile would be stupid to do otherwise, client leadership relationships are too important.

Depending on where you are, that's illegal and considered discrimination. You can't search out reasons not to hire someone just because they we're let go from somewhere else. If they were fired for theft, that'd be one thing because that is a legal matter. But if no charges were ever filed, you can't actually write-off a candidate, especially one that is qualified, based on the fact that another company marked them as not rehirable.

Technically any job you get fired from views you as non rehirable, so that's not a valid reason to not consider an applicant.

If you were fired for theft you are trespassed from that location. Depending on local and state laws that can be up to a year or possibly longer. You wouldn't be able to work in the same store.

It wasn't for theft. And I was asking if there was a chance that Target Mobile would hire somebody like myself who was termed, not if there's a chance of @andy2014 hiring me.

Also, did you not get the part about Target Mobile being an outside company? Nobody cares if you or LOD joe schmoe doesn't want to hire me, it's not Target's hiring decision.

Depending on where you are, that's illegal and considered discrimination. You can't search out reasons not to hire someone just because they we're let go from somewhere else. If they were fired for theft, that'd be one thing because that is a legal matter. But if no charges were ever filed, you can't actually write-off a candidate, especially one that is qualified, based on the fact that another company marked them as not rehirable.

Technically any job you get fired from views you as non rehirable, so that's not a valid reason to not consider an applicant.

No it's not, you should learn the definition of discrimination before trying to give advice. If a team member is listed at non rehirable to a sister company that has contracts with said company, they can legally deny employment. An employee listed as non rehirable is a great reason not to interview someone. Obviously the applicant acted in an inappropriate manner to be listed as non rehirable.

Target Mobile could restrict employment, but for a non theft issue i'm sure it wouldn't be likely.

So, lately I've been seeing a lot of ads in my area hiring for Target Mobile. Out of curiosity, being that Target Mobile employees aren't actually employed by Target (from what I understand), what if a person (like me) who was terminated from Target applied for Target Mobile? If you're ineligible for rehire at Target, would it apply to Target mobile too? I mean, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but, I still want to hear what you think.
Go for it! the worst thing that could happen is they say no!

You can reapply to target after 9 years thats when your non rehireable status disappears. :D
9 years! lol let's hope that I wont even have to consider that as an option 9 years from now :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back