I'm Lost! LOA and coming back to work ?'s

Hey!

I started working at target over the summer (I'm a student) and went on LOA beginning in October when I had an everyday commitment for school. I know they said to contact your store before coming back to work (I start again Dec 1), but how should I do that? Go in? Email? I have bad anxiety haha so I do overthink things like this-just a little guidance would be great. And on top of that, I have a few conflicts in December (finals, concerts I'm performing in, etc) I feel bad requesting those days off when I come back from not working at all. Will they get mad with some conflicts? I have had scheduling problems before when they've scheduled me on days I'm supposed to be off. Thanks!!

Call your store ASAP, this is the week they’re writing the schedule for December 1-7. When calling hit extension 5 to speak directly to HR. They’re probably counting on you coming back and this will help with their scheduling needs! Email your ETL the days off that you need, this will provide a paper trail as well as a reminder in writing of what you need. I can’t promise you’ll get all of the days off you need - you are working in retail and this is the busiest time of year 😊

Back