Archived LOA info

Status
Not open for further replies.
What types of LOA is offered by Target? I don't have enough hours to qualify for FMLA but was thinking about either quitting for the summer or trying for a LOA to care for a family member. My mother has two more rounds of chemo which should take her into the early part of August. We managed the first round but with my children off school it is going to be a lot more difficult add that to the fact that I am the primary care giver for my 97 year old grandmother. I believe Target offers LOA for school and for personal medical leave but I didn't know if caring for family members would also be covered. I would be more likely to come back to Spot if I didn't have to start all over.

Leave of absence contact info:

What to do/Contacts

The first step in the leave process is for the team member to contact their HR partner or leader. Team members may be asked to call the Target Leave and Disability team directly at 800-828-5850, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
The Target Leave and Disability team handles most leave and disability administration processes for team members.
The fax number is 847-554-1660. Please include your claim number (if known) or team member ID number on your fax.

1. from targetpayandbenefits:
    Leave of Absence Policies
    A leave of absence may be granted if you need time away from work due to illness, personal emergency or other compelling personal matter. If one of these circumstances requires you to be away from work for an extended amount of time, you must be placed on leave of absence.

Overview
    During your leave, your employment status will not change and you will retain eligibility for benefits (if applicable) for up to 180 days.

A number of factors will be taken into consideration when approving the leave including:
    • Your eligibility as outlined in the Target guidelines
    • The leave type requested
    • The reason for the request
    • The effect the leave will have on work requirements and staffing in your department

Please work with your HR team or leader to determine if you are eligible for a leave and the type of leave that best fits your needs.

Leave status begins when you are away from work on the:
    • Third scheduled day for distribution and headquarters nonexempt team members
    • Eighth calendar day for distribution and headquarters exempt team members and all store team members

Note: These are guidelines only. Depending on the reason for the leave, it may begin on the first day you miss work.

You should contact the Target Leave and Disability team at the beginning of your leave if it is anticipated that it will be longer than three days for distribution and headquarters nonexempt team members or eight days for all other team members.

School is up to 1 year.

If LOA is granted for school reasons. Is your position example: lead, GSA or sales floor etc. garenteed when you return. If the position is filled will they pull your hours from that persons

@SallyHoover, you should be able to take a personal LOA. Since it's only a few months, I don't see why it would be an issue, but talk to your HR.

If LOA is granted for school reasons. Is your position example: lead, GSA or sales floor etc. guaranteed when you return. If the position is filled will they pull your hours from that persons

If you're a leader and your position has been filled, you may be re-assigned. If you're a team member, you may stay in the same workcenter albeit with fewer hours, but ASANTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back