COVID-19 LOA Pay Schedule

Does anyone know how LOA pay works? I know what the pay is but when is LOA pay actually paid is it your normal paycheck date or different?

🤷‍♀️

Nobody knows because this is uncharted water. We’re literally all learning, adapting, and making shit up as we go each and every day.

Having said that.. if the LOA pay is anything like STD pay it’s a little behind.

“Hope for the best, prepare for the worst” kinda situation we have going on.

It's your normal pay period. If your pay cycle b, itll be pay cycle b. If your a, itll be a. Look for the check to come the same way that you regularly get it (i.e. direct deposit, or pay card). If you get a paper check I honestly dont know on that one, I'd assume theyd mail it but call and ask. It is a paid personal leave so it's no different then maternity or paid medical std etc. In regard to payroll. The big thing is if they mess up, you need to be your own advocate. The first day you dont see your check or see an error on it you need to call leave and disability that day. Problems can arise for anyone and if they dont know it's wrong, they wont fix it. Even then it can take weeks to straighten out an error. So. Check it often, and keep a backup plan in case they mess up. I've known several cases where the tm on leave went weeks or months with zero pay because of an error, that was resolved later and back paid but they didnt realize until several checks had passed.

Welp. I was screwed then. I had to take a 5 week medical LOA after a car accident and didn’t receive any STD until AFTER I was back to work and had actually received a regular paycheck.

And part of the uncharted waters included the system suddenly having upwards of 100k+ TMs on paid LOA at once. We all know how well everything works when it’s a boring week 🤷‍♀️

So something weird just happened. I was on a unpaid personal LOA 3/14-3/28 before they announced the High Risk paid leave for. everyone. Well yesterday my 30 day leave was approved for 3/29-4/27 as requested and shows 100% pay between those dates. All good. Well this morning I got another determination email about the 3/14-3/28 leave that was already over with. So I look and now that leave shows Paid Personal as well and pay from 3/14-3/28 at 100%. Both timelines in leave pro also show paid.

I never requested the first one to be paid only the 30 day when they announced it like everyone else. I only put in to use some vacation hours on 2 days of the leave when it was unpaid. That being approved wouldn't make the whole leave show as approved would it?

It's your normal pay period. If your pay cycle b, itll be pay cycle b. If your a, itll be a. Look for the check to come the same way that you regularly get it (i.e. direct deposit, or pay card). If you get a paper check I honestly dont know on that one, I'd assume theyd mail it but call and ask. It is a paid personal leave so it's no different then maternity or paid medical std etc. In regard to payroll. The big thing is if they mess up, you need to be your own advocate. The first day you dont see your check or see an error on it you need to call leave and disability that day. Problems can arise for anyone and if they dont know it's wrong, they wont fix it. Even then it can take weeks to straighten out an error. So. Check it often, and keep a backup plan in case they mess up. I've known several cases where the tm on leave went weeks or months with zero pay because of an error, that was resolved later and back paid but they didnt realize until several checks had passed.
Yep I was approved yesterday and. pay week is next week so ill be looking for it Friday. I'm direct deposit so it usually shows Thursday and clears Friday.

I am in the same situation. My paid LOA was approved this past Tuesday. Payroll ran Monday for Friday's check. I checked Workday today and low and behold my yearly bonus was generated for this Friday's check but that was it. I plan to call in the AM when they open to confirm that the next paydate would have 80 hours of retro + 80 hours of current. At this point... I don't want to assume anything.

Oh always make sure. They forgot to add retro to mine one time. Had to call and took them a week to issue a mid cycle check with the retro on it.

They straight up we’re trying to not pay me for those days 😂

Back