Archived LOA Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All!
I have a huge question that nreds to be answered. So I recently requested an LOA from my target and was denied because I havment worked there long enough. My HR ETL told me that because I’m just over my 90 days that I can’t get an LOA. Is this true? I thought that being over 90 means you get the same benefits as any other team member. Is there a number I can call to speak to an actual person I called and keep getting redirected to the wrong people who can’t seem to help.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

How fresh over your 90 days are you...and reason for the LOA? Have you been signed off for being 90 days yet?

Call Target Benefits for full LOA coverage.

Hey All!
I have a huge question that nreds to be answered. So I recently requested an LOA from my target and was denied because I havment worked there long enough. My HR ETL told me that because I’m just over my 90 days that I can’t get an LOA. Is this true? I thought that being over 90 means you get the same benefits as any other team member. Is there a number I can call to speak to an actual person I called and keep getting redirected to the wrong people who can’t seem to help.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
“ I thought that being over 90 means you get the same benefits as any other team member. “ That is wrong you have to work 1000 h before you can get benefits as any other team member.

We let 2 go on educational LOA under there 90.

I just went over my 90 on the 25th and I’ve been working 36.25 hr work weeks since I started. I was looking for an educational LOA and was told no and that I need to just resign.

Ohhhhh got it quick question
so unless it’s something important you can’t get one like for the reasons u listed or even if it’s important you still can’t get t unless you have our life working for target

Thats where it vets tricky and is very asants. For the most part you need some kind of proof for medical or educational loa. For me my docs sending in paperwork constantly while i was hospitalized worked fine. It went through a corporate channel that kept my hr apprised of my situation if I remember correctly. I have never done educational so im not sure the process on that. As for personaly one of my fellow tmz is currently homeless and has had to take a couple weeks to get some help for them and their family. Our HR allowed it. Im not sure the procedure but its up to your hr to decide if its covered under the policy I believe?

Personaly leave of any kind vets a little hairy as proof isnt easy to come by sometimes. Others with more experience can chime in for it I suppose. I know you need at least 1000hrs of service to qualify for loa not sure on any other specifics. I would ask your hr if you need to know more.

I tried calling HROC I kept getting transferred to the wrong people nobody had answers so I’m lost

You need to request leave through pay and benefits. Go to the site, and select manage my leaves (or something like that). Request it there.

LOA's are not guaranteed. FMLA is the only mandated type of job protection and at 90 days you in no way qualify for FMLA. Educational leaves are never mandated and you can certainly put in a request at 90 days but it does not have to be granted if it interferes with the operational needs of a store. Re-apply when you are available. Unless you have something in writing from when you were hired that you would be automatically offered a LOA at the completion of 90 days I think you are out of luck if you requested one and then were not approved for the LOA.

Hello, please don’t call HROC. They are not our department that handles LOA’s, they deal mostly with pay questions from TMs and help stores HR teams. We use Hewitt 1-800-828-5850. We always direct our TM’s to call Hewitt because they will calculate if you are eligible for leaves and then notify your store (ETL HR/HRTM) of being put on a leave through email. (They take care of the entire LOA process but you have to notify HR you are calling them so it’s not blindsiding them) However, educational LOAs are typically up to STL/ETL.HR discretion (processed in store not approved by Hewitt) I usually never hesitate to put a TM on LOA if they are good and hardworking even if they usually haven’t been with spot long enough. (ETL and myself like to create positive HR culture as possible) We usually prefer over 90 days though.

You might not be getting approve due to the following:
-not performing well (even if your leader says your doing well, your not hearing all the conversation going behind closed doors) so they can just get you to resign.
-any attendance issues?
-any problems you had with your leaders?
- as hardlinesmaster said, if you are seasonal already then possible chance of denial. (but it seems to early still to be seasonal since I haven’t offered any yet)

Hope the best for your LOA and hopefully this information helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back