Archived LOA Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i entitled to any of my accrued time be It vacation or sick hours when taking a LOA? Or is it completely unpaid? Just curious because was thinking of taking one due to family stuff. Thanks in advance.

I was going to in the next day or two, just was curious now and wanted to get some answers here first.
Yes you can take that time.
Here your other thread, asking that question.

Last edited:
From another thread:
I don't know if this is right, or legal, but the HRBP of my area was using the "workability" report for ADA issues.
You'd have an ADA conversation with HR (where you felt like they were determining if they could fire you...) then get the paperwork for your Dr to fill out (which clearly was only designed for like broken limbs and stuff, and impossible to fill out for complex issues) and then it's on file for 6 months.
A lot of people had to transition to intermittent FMLA protection, and then you were at the mercy of a completely incompetent 3rd party Target goes through, and still asked to fill it out every 6 months even if the "serious medical issue" was labeled as permanent.
The 3rd party absolutely harasses you about getting "reevaluated" and "rediagnosed" during that time period, too, like a permanent disability could just magic itself away.

For anyone on FMLA, please know that you have to start calling your claims people months before your six month span runs out, because they often WILL NOT send you new paperwork without requesting it yourself when the time frame is up, and will just close your case without contacting you.

Target has so significantly changed their job expectations that it's nearly impossible for many people with ADA issues to be accommodated.
They knew what they were doing, and they deserve all the negative media attention possible for this.
At a time the government wants to move to severely limit disability payments, payments that don't come close to covering even the bare essentials for most people, and are pressuring everyone to get a job, "entry level" employers like Target are doing everything in their power to prevent people who want to work from working. Target is stripping basic human dignity from people who actually brought a lot of hard work, loyalty, and value to their stores and their communities, so they can pinch a few more pennies.

Yes you can take that time.
Here your other thread, asking that question.

Well this thread was for leaving permanently, now I’m just asking about a leave of absence. Wasn’t aware they went hand in hand.

I took 2 medical LOAs and the first time was told by Reed Group that I couldn’t use my sick time to supplement my short term disability pay but the second time I could use all 80 hours. Typical Target! I think you could use vacation time for a non medical LOA. Call and ask, my HR was useless with LOA questions.

I took 2 medical LOAs and the first time was told by Reed Group that I couldn’t use my sick time to supplement my short term disability pay but the second time I could use all 80 hours. Typical Target! I think you could use vacation time for a non medical LOA. Call and ask, my HR was useless with LOA questions.

Haha thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back