Archived LOA to transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I gave my two weeks at my current store and told my ETL HR i wanted to transfer. She emailed the store i wanted to transfer to and the HR said I could transfer. They asked my availability and I was told by my current HR she would put me on a LOA and when I get moved in my new area, to give the new store's HR a call to put me on their schedule. Is this common for the team member to go on an LOA and to contact the new store to be put on their schedule?

Just hoping it works. I was told it would, so I do no want to get there and be without a job.

Depends on how long it takes to you to move. Also, your start date at the new store. They may not have any hours for you now.

my hr said she would just transfer me over and maybe i heard wrong about the loa i checked my last weeks schedule and it was listed as time of so maybe no loa after all. it kinda feels weird that i have to contact the new store but i have no problem with it. just hope everything was communicated properly.

It depends on how long until you start work. If you were starting next week no LOA would be needed.

But longer than a week you will usually be put on LOA

I place transfers on a LOA if the process will take more than a week. Transfers can take a few weeks sometimes, even if the new store has a position for you, they may not have any hours for you until the new schedule has been written. If we get a transfer, I will check the swap shift board and the schedule for open shifts to see if I can get the transfer on the schedule asap.

I was wondering this myself. Hoping to move multiple states away next year, and it would be helpful to have at least a week to do it, in case something comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back