Archived LOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am taking a vacation that is longer then 10 days and was told I have to take an LOA. I wanted to see if I can use my vacation time?

Must be incorrect information or ASANTS - I take off 30-45 consecutive days for my family vacation each year. Not all is paid off course but I've never been told I needed an LOA for that length of time. 10 days off requiring a Leave of Absence sounds incorrect as most Americans take a 2-week Vaca. We have an ETL out on Vaca right now: been out now 15 days and counting (back on Sunday) I would double check on this through another source.

I am taking a vacation that is longer then 10 days and was told I have to take an LOA. I wanted to see if I can use my vacation time?

There is a work around. Create separate time off request (one week at a time) and submit, it is to your hrs discretion.

Talk to your etl HR/senior HR about the situation and see if its okay.

For years and years I always took two weeks off every Oct. I would ( like @HRZone ) said just put in two different time off requests. One for each week. Never had an issue. Now I just take 9 days off so I don't have to use as many vacation hours. Also I have used vacation hours while on loa. Was several years ago but I did use them .

I checked with my ETL HR and she was the one who told me I have to take an LOA. I tried the 2 separate time off requests but the ETL HR got wind of it and nixed it quickly. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I checked with my ETL HR and she was the one who told me I have to take an LOA. I tried the 2 separate time off requests but the ETL HR got wind of it and nixed it quickly. Thanks for the suggestion though.
That's BS. We have a handful of TMs who work all year long and save up their vacation hours for two weeks in a row.

Try explaining that you are going on a vacation and would like to be able to use your accrued vacation hours.

Depending how many hours you were going to use and what's the max amount you can use in a week, maybe you can take a few days vacation and then go on LOA for the rest.

Challenge upward.
Sounds like they're trying to deny you use of your accrued vay-cay as there is no other valid reason to force you into an LOA for such a short time frame.

Challenge upward.
Sounds like they're trying to deny you use of your accrued vay-cay as there is no other valid reason to force you into an LOA for such a short time frame.

Technically she is correct. Target says anything over 10 days is an LOA but most ETLs overlook that rule. Most of them are are gracious. A tm has every right to their vacation.

Sucks because if you call the hotline in a situation like that they will know who to blame and quote the company policy.

I wouldn't recommend hotline but perhaps talk to hroc or their own ETL.
It's bad enough that spot has ended vac payout (barring states that demand it by law) but it sounds like a tactic to ensure that TMs can't even use vac they've earned.
Pretty soon TMs may not be able to use vac to supplement lost hrs.

As far as I know you are able to use vacation time during an LOA (maybe I'm completely off or ASANTS?). There's a spot for comments in the form your HR team fills out and one of the examples is putting in vacation time during the LOA. Could you put in your request after the fact once you've returned from vacation?

I was always told that you should take a loa because it effects your average hours if you take vacation for longer than 10 days. Not sure if this is 100% accurate

I was always told that you should take a loa because it effects your average hours if you take vacation for longer than 10 days. Not sure if this is 100% accurate

You can always keep your average hours level if you have vacation time to keep you at average hours. There are people with so much vacation banked they work 32 or so hours a week and pad them with vacation and other accruals to stay at 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back