Locality-specific pay increases

Our suburban Target near Seattle just bumped the minimum pay to $17.50 hourly. Our store faces enormous difficulty recruiting currently particularly as many stores are hiring, and Amazon in particular is scooping up new hires. What are others seeing in their stores?

Attachments

• 20211104_180508[1].jpg
    20211104_180508[1].jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20211104_182921[1].jpg
    20211104_182921[1].jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 55
Same, no increase near me. Live in a pretty high cost of living area but not a major city. Every subway, taco bell, wendys, and whatever pay more then 15 an hour. Not sure how we get any applicants tbh

not enough apparently as we are the bottom for hiring in the district. but all the other metrics are good so our esteemed leadership is decidedly "meh" about the whole thing

I heard even the newbies in their 90 days are getting a bump :/ havent heard much else apart from specialty salea ia getting a bigger bump than non specialty? I havent found out mine but some have gotten 1 to 2 bucks

I heard even the newbies in their 90 days are getting a bump :/ havent heard much else apart from specialty salea ia getting a bigger bump than non specialty? I havent found out mine but some have gotten 1 to 2 bucks
Its a store wide bump nobody gets more then others if you make more then the new minimum already you get nothing.

Its a store wide bump nobody gets more then others if you make more then the new minimum already you get nothing.
That doeant track though. All our raises in specialty were the exact same across the board becsuae of a bs managment change. But each beauty tm has so fsr gotten a different amount. And our ap who is already making well over our minimum got over a buck. Somwthing doesnt sound right about this if its to bumpt to some new stsrting rate. At least at my store anyway

That doeant track though. All our raises in specialty were the exact same across the board becsuae of a bs managment change. But each beauty tm has so fsr gotten a different amount. And our ap who is already making well over our minimum got over a buck. Somwthing doesnt sound right about this if its to bumpt to some new stsrting rate. At least at my store anyway
This might sound unconnected but what Target says it’s going to do, may not be what the district does, what the district says may not be what the store does.

what we see is the front facing “guidance” on what ever issue is at hand. We don’t see what info the Corp is actually telling the group/district/stores. Nor is it the stores doing what they think they can get away with.

We are at $17/hr as of early October. Our SD had to apply and put together a justification for why the increase was necessary. We were losing TMs to better paying jobs and were unable to hire because other chains, big box stores and groceries all in our local area were paying more than Target. Hiring has picked up but a lot of those going thru orientation don't end up staying. We are way understaffed in all areas, especially Fulfillment and Q4 is already hitting us hard. It is going to be a difficult 8 weeks until the end of the year.

Are you talking about the yearly raises or the new ones that many stores are getting now?

Are you talking about the yearly raises or the new ones that many stores are getting now?
Sorry I made thas r confusing so during the quarter raises all specialty sales go the same amount because of our hr leaving. Thry tossed out their reviews and raises and gave us all the same.

So with this new raise we are all getting different amounts it seems. Eh I am not sure I am making this better lol. Either way it wont matter I guess almoat everyome around our store ia stsring at 18 and above now except walmart :/ target wont increase that much I think here

Sorry I made thas r confusing so during the quarter raises all specialty sales go the same amount because of our hr leaving. Thry tossed out their reviews and raises and gave us all the same.

So with this new raise we are all getting different amounts it seems. Eh I am not sure I am making this better lol. Either way it wont matter I guess almoat everyome around our store ia stsring at 18 and above now except walmart :/ target wont increase that much I think here
So i think your talking about the raises after your review. This is about store specific minimums that have been happening like when spot made the minimum 15 dollars an hour company wide. There are now new minimums for individual stores that have are seeing competitors with higher starting wages in their area.

So i think your talking about the raises after your review. This is about store specific minimums that have been happening like when spot made the minimum 15 dollars an hour company wide. There are now new minimums for individual stores that have are seeing competitors with higher starting wages in their area.
Oooooh ok thats where I got confused oh wow lolthank you clarifying! I dont have enough sleep for corporate and their monkey business 😂 appreciate your help here!

Quarter raises???

Dang, I work in a very high cost of living area and we are still only at $15/hr. Plus we are dealing with the same understaffed situation with low level of qualified applicants. I would think they would of bumped us as well to attract more people. I honestly wasn't even aware other Targets had higher base pays. It makes sense that base pay is regional/situational. Just seems like my store would have been within those parameters. Instead we are short staffed and authorizing all overtime.

Without saying too much, my store is in the same group as you OP and we are the most understaffed base volume level store in the group... My SD and HRBP are fighting to raise the starting pay at our location but apparently it needs pretty specific justifications sent to group about it... So in the meantime we are still in the $15 range and losing half the people we onboard.

Raise for us as well. We have two Targets in my city, a Pfresh and a SuperTarget (which I work at,) and we're both being bumped from $15/hr to $16/hr. This most likely has to do with the Wal-Mart Supercenter in our city going to $17/hr. IDK why we didn't go to $17, but oh well.

Back