Archived location for products

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
Our store doesn't have any of the new tables from our remodel labeled.....is this just my store?
Also, while the shoe department has locations and shoes are tied the shoes aren't being set to their planogram. When shoes are pushed we're supposed to "find a space" and put the shoes "where they fit." Well, without shoes located appropriately it is impossible to find any shoes.....especially for SFS. How do stores handle this?

Nope, not just your store, mine is like that, too. Used to be you could get in the right general area by looking up the locations but now most of the stuff shows up as unlocated and you have to track down whoever set the adjacency for softlines if you don’t want to spend a small eternity looking for a certain shirt, shoe, etc.

All of our tables and movable walls have locations on them for this very reason. Shoes aren't planogrammed anymore, they have a vmg which crams a lot of shoes into one aisle so some creativity is often needed to make everything fit out. Like shoes *should* be placed together.

My store was fortunate, my ETL personally labeled at least part of the remodeled areas and made sure the rest were done, pretty obvious placement of the labels.

Shoes, most of the time basic styles of shoes are together and then within that the individual styles of shoes are together. So you find women's flat sandals or girl's boots and then look at the pictures on the boxes until you find two or more like boxes together.

Our store doesn't have any of the new tables from our remodel labeled.....is this just my store?
Also, while the shoe department has locations and shoes are tied the shoes aren't being set to their planogram. When shoes are pushed we're supposed to "find a space" and put the shoes "where they fit." Well, without shoes located appropriately it is impossible to find any shoes.....especially for SFS. How do stores handle this?

Pelli, :)
We labeled our new remodel fixtures...... but because "boutique" is the new idea, the labels are discreet (single adhesive sleeve; not seen by Guests). As far as the Shoe Dept goes, when we switched to the Flexible Merchandising System (?), the Dept is set by the VMG. There's a color-coded "key" w/in the VMG that shows where shoe "styles" should be located. There's usually a "lead-in" style that should be merchandised closest to your race-track....... and then the other similar styles fall into place; no particular order.... just good taste and judgement. When you begin to run out of space in an aisle.... you can "flex" or "snake" the shoes into the next aisle.
Our SFS Team is pretty familiar w/ the new system; they are quite good at finding the product..... otherwise an A&A TM will assist to support the process. Things are still "located"; vaguely; just not "exact".

Little by little, we are setting ourselves up for a POG-less A&A department..... And now that the backroom is re-setting to "mirror" the salesfloor, it seems inevitable. Many department stores operate w/out POGs....... the Team just really needs to "know their product".

Pelli, :)
We labeled our new remodel fixtures...... but because "boutique" is the new idea, the labels are discreet (single adhesive sleeve; not seen by Guests). As far as the Shoe Dept goes, when we switched to the Flexible Merchandising System (?), the Dept is set by the VMG. There's a color-coded "key" w/in the VMG that shows where shoe "styles" should be located. There's usually a "lead-in" style that should be merchandised closest to your race-track....... and then the other similar styles fall into place; no particular order.... just good taste and judgement. When you begin to run out of space in an aisle.... you can "flex" or "snake" the shoes into the next aisle.
Our SFS Team is pretty familiar w/ the new system; they are quite good at finding the product..... otherwise an A&A TM will assist to support the process. Things are still "located"; vaguely; just not "exact".

Little by little, we are setting ourselves up for a POG-less A&A department..... And now that the backroom is re-setting to "mirror" the salesfloor, it seems inevitable. Many department stores operate w/out POGs....... the Team just really needs to "know their product".

Having worked at a few other department stores, it really doesn't make sense to me for A&A to be on POG. And I know I posted this on another thread, but what makes the least sense to me is why the folded merch in the back is in location but the hanging isn't. Somebody please help me understand that thought process!

Having worked at a few other department stores, it really doesn't make sense to me for A&A to be on POG. And I know I posted this on another thread, but what makes the least sense to me is why the folded merch in the back is in location but the hanging isn't. Somebody please help me understand that thought process!

Based on what we know about "other" departments stores, I would venture to say that someday (soon) the backroom folded (A&A) merch won't be located either. I know everyone will say " no one will ever find anything if it's not located"...... but that's precisely WHY the (A&A) backroom is getting a make-over; to make it easier "at a glance" to fill our floors.
And, maybe someday, SOMEDAY, Hardlines won't be located either. o_O ( sprinkles may have kicked the hornet's nest, yikes. )

Our store just remodeled our back room. We still have locations, but we have to keep the merchandise more separately and organized, lol and no it’s not happening before you even ask.

We have no locations for our Apparel except for the rare POG in Men’s or RTW. Usually, the merchandise is unlocated and “set to VMG” lol, again, doesn’t actually happen but the few of us who care enough try to make a difference. We have communication notebooks though, so maybe we’ll actually start using them now that the TLs are cracking down on a lot of things as we prepare for fourth quarter.

No POGs....men's and women's basics...nightmare.

I one time got men's basics to planogram and kept it that way for a few weeks. Several guests remarked about how nice it was to easily find the right type and size. Taking that normally hot mess and throwing out the planogram entirely is a recipe for frustrated guests.

Well, without shoes located appropriately it is impossible to find any shoes.....especially for SFS. How do stores handle this?
Use an RFID device. You’re kidding yourself if you think anybody at my store actually looks for anything in shoes. We just walk around until the device goes off, it’s much quicker then trying to figure out the pogs.

There are no planograms for shoes. Just a mpg guide now.

Based on what we know about "other" departments stores, I would venture to say that someday (soon) the backroom folded (A&A) merch won't be located either. I know everyone will say " no one will ever find anything if it's not located"...... but that's precisely WHY the (A&A) backroom is getting a make-over; to make it easier "at a glance" to fill our floors.
And, maybe someday, SOMEDAY, Hardlines won't be located either. o_O ( sprinkles may have kicked the hornet's nest, yikes. )
Our folded is on wheeled fixtures that are rolled to the floor “daily” and restocked. Ha ha ha ha.

You maybe right about hardlines not being located someday but answer me this...What happens to OPU and SFS? This is the direction Spot is going to keep up with Amazon and other online retailers. Do we really expect tm's to be quick and efficient at locating items that are not located on the sales floor? Or is Spot going to have every single item labeled with a RFID sticker to streamline the process of looking for a needle in a haystack? I get that this is the direction Spot is headed but this is like driving on a freeway that someone decided to erase the lines that determine lanes and pretty soon we are going to have traffic jams that are going to backed up for hours all because of 1 person's brilliant idea. Good luck with that!

If anything, now that SFS is so big, more stuff should be located. Amazing how often Spot's different changes just end up fighting with each other. :rolleyes: Just because a competitor does something less efficient, that doesn't mean that Spot needs to follow. It's like the "if your friend jumped off a bridge would you jump off a bridge too?" thing.

1) clearly Spot has decided to jump off that bridge.
2) RFID devices? I only see one person using that...and that is so that they can account for items.
3) SFS and OPU are going to be the biggest areas to be affected.
4) Shoes.....not having planograms has just invited more messy areas and continues to look like crap.

The new truck process is not going well at all. At least once a shift (cashiering) I have guests complain about empty shelves. I always tell them to do their survey!
Also, with the whole new process the sales floor in softlines looks as bad as shoes does on many days.
Seems that the idea of "guest centered" focus has forgotten who the guests are.

Yep that is the new way. You get to waste shit loads of time because they don't have time to at least tie the pog to aisle they crammed the shoes into. I have been dealing with it for about a year now. No one gives a shit about anyone else anymore, you can't find something in that trash pile, I have been told I just didn't look hard enough.. I take lots of pictures so when this gets brought up I have CYA material.

No labels here everything is set to dept lett and 99 for flexibility purposes. The only things with locations is basics and baby hardlines. There is a reason our store looks like a thrift way

And meanwhile, the app tells guests to go to N64 for the shoes they want (someone in our softlines thinks they're cute using N64 for ties and putting other stuff in H69...) and they just leave because they couldn't find what they needed and all the TMs were in the back doing their backstock and doing trash. Great move, Spot. :rolleyes:

And meanwhile, the app tells guests to go to N64 for the shoes they want (someone in our softlines thinks they're cute using N64 for ties and putting other stuff in H69...) and they just leave because they couldn't find what they needed and all the TMs were in the back doing their backstock and doing trash. Great move, Spot. :rolleyes:

I was at a different store and looking for a softlines item on the Target app and the app told me "Located in Shoes" or something like that

but I've never seen that at MY store.

I was at a different store and looking for a softlines item on the Target app and the app told me "Located in Shoes" or something like that

but I've never seen that at MY store.
It shows that if it's not on a currently tied pog, which is annoying since it should just say "not available" if there's no location in the store. Mine did that with the bagged cereal when it was off pog for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back