Archived Locked fitting room doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

busyzoningtoys

Finally almost getting paid enough.
Anybody have locked fitting room doors? Where a TM would have to let someone in.

Just curious.

I thought the point of locked fitting rooms was to reduce theft while not having the fitting room staffed.

Our fitting room already has a call button so 🤔

Trying to think of ways to better use apparel payroll and not having someone tied to the fitting room would be helpful. We’re still allowed our phone back there, but also have a cordless and we also have zebras with the working phone app.

Here’s a question for those who have calls ring to the zebra: if someone answers a call to the main number on the zebra, can they park it to 228X? THEN, can someone else on a zebra pick up the call parked by the other zebra? Also, can someone be on a call on a zebra and have the others ring if someone calls the store? Can I be on a call on a zebra and someone else take another call on another zebra?

Totally things that should be on workbench, but I haven’t seen anything yet. Unless it’s blocked due to not being a ‘pilot store’

Totally things that should be on workbench, but I haven’t seen anything yet. Unless it’s blocked due to not being a ‘pilot store’

If you click "modernization" and then go to A&A (might be "style") and then scroll down to "Fitting Room" there'll be a link on the right side of the screen that opens up a PDF that gives lots of info. 3 or 4 pages in there's a clickable link that says "workbench" that'll bring you to a printable page that goes over the Zebra phone basics + troubleshooting tips.

Hope that helps.

Apparently we're getting them when we have our FR remodel early next year.
I want to make it happen, but worry the DTL will shut it down. at this point, their goal for FR is every guest personally led into a room, but no person ‘just sitting’ at the fitting room. Lol we’re so busy that even a Tuesday morning pretty much needs coverage.

Then the problem is, it’ll be a constant call box going off...

I wonder if putting the call button up at slower times and at peak times having FR coverage would be a good compromise?

Last edited:
Here’s a question for those who have calls ring to the zebra: if someone answers a call to the main number on the zebra, can they park it to 228X? THEN, can someone else on a zebra pick up the call parked by the other zebra? Also, can someone be on a call on a zebra and have the others ring if someone calls the store? Can I be on a call on a zebra and someone else take another call on another zebra?

1) Yes, you can park calls.
2) If you're on a call when the phone rings, hit "Reject" and it'll continue ringing to other team members. You can't answer more than one call at a time.
3) Yes, you can be talking to a guest on line 80 and another team member could answer a call on line 81.

Essentially the Target Phone app works the same way that cordless phones do today.

Essentially the Target Phone app works the same way that cordless phones do today.
Going off of this... do they act like totally separate cordless phones (like Starbucks, HR, electronics) or do they act like a giant implementation of a cordless phone with multiple handsets but on the same line? Our guest service and lod cordless shares a line with two handsets, so if someone decides to forward all calls to that one, if someone is on a long call on it, any other calls to the store back up and it doesn’t ring anywhere.

I feel like I’m asking a ridiculous amount of weird questions, but I’m the only person in my store who ‘figures’ anything out in terms of equipment and new software and features, and if I just ‘try it’ and something weird happens then the rest of the leaders will be like uh fuck that and there goes that idea.

Going off of this... do they act like totally separate cordless phones (like Starbucks, HR, electronics) or do they act like a giant implementation of a cordless phone with multiple handsets but on the same line? Our guest service and lod cordless shares a line with two handsets, so if someone decides to forward all calls to that one, if someone is on a long call on it, any other calls to the store back up and it doesn’t ring anywhere.

I feel like I’m asking a ridiculous amount of weird questions, but I’m the only person in my store who ‘figures’ anything out in terms of equipment and new software and features, and if I just ‘try it’ and something weird happens then the rest of the leaders will be like uh fuck that and there goes that idea.

Separate. You can help a guest on the phone without ever actually parking the call and calls will still ring to other myDevices.

Separate. You can help a guest on the phone without ever actually parking the call and calls will still ring to other myDevices.
That’s actually kind of amazing. If you’re using mywork or move or some other app, and it starts ringing, does it like completely full screen interrupt what you’re doing?

That’s actually kind of amazing. If you’re using mywork or move or some other app, and it starts ringing, does it like completely full screen interrupt what you’re doing?

No, it displays an overlay that looks kinda like this (but Android obviously) with buttons that say "Accept" or "Reject". Accept answers the call and brings you into a full screen window (you can switch apps and still stay on the phone with the guest). Reject stops the call from ringing on your device. You can continue using other apps either way.

1539746945367.png

Wait, we still have the fitting room answer the calls and then transfer and call out on the walkie for the TM to pick up the call.
Does that change if the fitting room uses only the Zebra?

Also, if I'm looking something up on the zebra and I need to call another store, is it possible to call the other store....and how do you place that call?

Wait, we still have the fitting room answer the calls and then transfer and call out on the walkie for the TM to pick up the call.
Does that change if the fitting room uses only the Zebra?

Also, if I'm looking something up on the zebra and I need to call another store, is it possible to call the other store....and how do you place that call?

If you have the Target Phone app you should have the phone set to forward calls to the myDevice because the FR isn't supposed to be operator anymore.

Dial 9+1+(Area code)+(Phone number)

Evidently our store has some catching up to do.

OK, makes sense that we'd have to manually call the other store.....however, this way means that you have to write the store phone number down and then go to the phone app. There's got to be a way to call stores more directly and easily.

The Home Depot across our parking lot had the same PDAs that we have and they could call another store by just pushing a button.....so if the older PDAs could be set to call then these new zebras ought to be able to do the same thing.......it might just be a matter of this feature not yet being activated or that we haven't been taught how to call stores directly from the zebra.

i prefer to use my own phone to call other stores because i can hear better using it so i just saved the numbers into my phone under "Target"

there is also the ability to save contacts in the Target Phone app, but idk if that will sync across devices or not (haven't tested it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back