Archived Locked up Items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the normal policy for handling locked up merchandise? I know for all/most of the stuff in electronics, you're supposed to unlock carry the item over yourself and have the guest pay for it right then and there..right? But what about other areas of the store? I had a guest want dog flea medicene, which was on a locking peghook. I didn't know how to unlock it, so I called the LoD over, and she showed me, and we gave the guest the box, and then just left. Is that right? Aren't there other things, like perfume that are also locked up? Are we supposed to just unlock and give guests protected merchandise when they ask and walk away?

Spiderwrapped items must remain protected...cashier will remove...but what about other items? Locked up and or peghook...items.

my store walks anything locked up to the front lanes and we hold it till they come up. includes medicines, perfume, and all the likes.

we also deal with a lot of theft and stuff, so we take the extra step to walk it up.

I wanted a third-party Wii remote and the Electronics TM handed me the item and said "It's a low price point so I'll just let you have it" and then I paid for it with the rest of my items up front. I was a bit surprised, but ASANTS and this wasn't my home store and is a nicer part of town.

For me, it depends on time of day, who it is, is AP in the building, lots of scenarios. $20 video game, mom with a kid who i know likely pay for it, handing it over. I never hand off anything too expensive though, like $75+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back