Archived Locking doors at close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi longtime lurker first time poster. I'M A RECENTLY PROMOTED SR.TL AND I PRETTY MUCH HAVE MY CLOSING ROUTINE DOWN. HOWEVER I SOMETIMES HAVE TROUBLE LOCKING SOME OF THE DOORS AT CLOSE I'M AT A SUPERTARGET SO I HAVE 2 SETS OF DOORS I HAVE TO LOCK DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE LOCKS ON YOUR FRONT DOORS AT YOUR STORE.

I did have an issue until one of the guys that repairs the doors taught me a trick. The little slot where the latch swings up into has a thingy that you can push up but sometimes it gets stuck and blocks the latch. If you push it up the door should be a bit easier to lock. :)

Are you talking about the automatic doors? They rarely line up when closed, I use my foot to push against one of them to line them up so they latch more easily. Also, the first key I was given didn't work very well, so, I traded it for a different one and it turned much better.

Lemme see a multi million dollar corporation can't keep it's stores in functional front doors and keys ? :eek:

Hi longtime lurker first time poster. I'M A RECENTLY PROMOTED SR.TL AND I PRETTY MUCH HAVE MY CLOSING ROUTINE DOWN. HOWEVER I SOMETIMES HAVE TROUBLE LOCKING SOME OF THE DOORS AT CLOSE I'M AT A SUPERTARGET SO I HAVE 2 SETS OF DOORS I HAVE TO LOCK DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE LOCKS ON YOUR FRONT DOORS AT YOUR STORE.
Dial it down, bro; we're not blind.

Do you write your closing emails like this?
Broken "caps" button on your typing device? Just poking fun but seriously, ease with the upper case fonts as you are perceived as yelling.

You- AAAAHHH

Everyone that reads your thread/emails etc.- "Why is this person yelling?"

Door locking 101.

I always carried a small metal ruler with me. Put your key in, squeeze the doors together, turn key. If it latches, good to go.

If it has issues, insert ruler between doors and use it to support the latch while you turn the key, and push the latch into place with it.

My giant two-story Target has crap doors as well. Ask a more experienced LOD for tips with specific doors - there are doors that I have to gently kick while turning the key in order for them to latch. You will probably have an easier time once your new key gets blunt with repeated use.

Shake the doors back and forth until the latch at the bottom catches while your turning your key. Eventually you will get the hang of it but its a pain at first.

FYI the person who's typing might have either low vision or new to internet might didn't know word CAPS meaning "shouts or scream". I know handful of people who use caps letters due to their low vision.

My support the issue to get them fixed. If they don't fix them, keep my supporting them until they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back