Archived LOCU product to the floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, so if we LOCU product to the floor, this does not add to the SFQs, it just physically moves the product to the floor.
so! if our on hand count is 100 BUT! the location for the product is ZERO in the location. AND there is NOTHING located in the back, what does the computer do?
does it order more of said product to fill the floor?
does it alert AP or LOG that the product is in house but in accounted for?

We are talking about regular full price product? Not PTM or Clearance.

No it does not add it to the floor, it stays in the on hand and is now in limbo.

It will not order more, cause you have a 100 On Hand. So on the MyDevice you will get this OnHand:100, On the floor: 0, in the back: 0. Why it is important to store tie or change capacity when you move product around. It should drop Rigs for In-Stocks but if not tied we may not know where to look for it.

Depending on the amount in count and in value it could drop on to the drastic count report but they not to long ago changed the triggers for items to fall on that report. And also if the teams have actual time to work the report.

Like they said above, the SFQ would remain unchanged. The system does not self correct unless a RIG is generated and the SFQ updated. The only thing is I do not think it would be generated on the DCR due to it not being an OH change, just an SFQ change.

Personally, I doubt the impact is too large. If LOCU is being used to fill the floor, its likely on items that weren't replenishing right in the first place or on something seasonal that is going push all anyway.

Main problem is just that the system will still think there is a need for some on the floor. So if any get backstocked, they will come right back out in the next pull. And if the DC pushes any more to the store (for an unrelated reason), it would scan as push coming off the truck and would needlessly get sent out to the floor instead of to backstock.

The system does not self correct unless a RIG is generated and the SFQ updated. The only thing is I do not think it would be generated on the DCR due to it not being an OH change, just an SFQ change.
That should be correct. Won't show up on DCR unless the OHs are updated via research.
Slightly off topic - anyone have problems accessing the DCR without going to the old store reports page on workbench first? (quick link errors etc)

Like they said above, the SFQ would remain unchanged. The system does not self correct unless a RIG is generated and the SFQ updated. The only thing is I do not think it would be generated on the DCR due to it not being an OH change, just an SFQ change.

Personally, I doubt the impact is too large. If LOCU is being used to fill the floor, its likely on items that weren't replenishing right in the first place or on something seasonal that is going push all anyway.

no i work with a person who believes that LOCU is the best method to get product out of the BR to the sales floor.

Push it, please. If shelve is empty,fill it. There is break in the Process, solve it & retrain folks.

retraining at times is like bringing the horse back to the water and it still wont drink.

Main problem is just that the system will still think there is a need for some on the floor. So if any get backstocked, they will come right back out in the next pull. And if the DC pushes any more to the store (for an unrelated reason), it would scan as push coming off the truck and would needlessly get sent out to the floor instead of to backstock.

we no longer use blackline at my store. we are push all. only transition stays in the back. flow pushes all freight.

LOCU is great for something's but you end up handling stuff way to much. So doing a blast of clearing all Xmas lights or BTC plastics out its great but to LOCU wacos to push is stupid.

And push all is fine but you gotta have people who know what and where shit goes.

What's DCR?

I sometimes do locu to replenish when I have little time left and I wanted to fill stuff that I know are outs.

As great as LOCU is for moving product around in the backroom, it is often over used and misused. When the change from PDAs to MyDevices happens, I hope LOCU is ultimately abandoned for a proper item removal system. You should ALWAYS be aware of quantities when moving items. LOCU accounts for ZERO and only creates more work once that item crosses the backroom threshold to the salesfloor.

I usually use a zebra to take from backroom to floor or a pda if I'm pulling batches bec those would be in my pulls count.but when I have little time left, i would locu bec that works faster than a zebra.

And I guess it's ok with me bec I can adjust the counts when I do my research.

As great as LOCU is for moving product around in the backroom, it is often over used and misused. When the change from PDAs to MyDevices happens, I hope LOCU is ultimately abandoned for a proper item removal system. You should ALWAYS be aware of quantities when moving items. LOCU accounts for ZERO and only creates more work once that item crosses the backroom threshold to the salesfloor.
The issue with moving stuff around with myWork is that it updates the SFQ when you take, but not when you stow. So if you are just moving stuff around in the backroom, you will mess up the SFQ on every item you touch.

Actually I would rather the rig system be reworked and on hands be directly editable.

There should never be a 5 onhand 0 on the floor and 0 in the back. Its lies to Target.com which confuses guests, annoys us and makes the job harder for everyone. If I say there is 0 on the floor and there IS 0 in the back, there should be no reason for anything other than an order being lodged.

All Locu should be for is to insure everything in the backroom is where is believed it should be. A master list of all the locations in type would be nice. Like Plug and its gives line listings of all the shelves (and pictures)

Actually I would rather the rig system be reworked and on hands be directly editable.

There should never be a 5 onhand 0 on the floor and 0 in the back. Its lies to Target.com which confuses guests, annoys us and makes the job harder for everyone. If I say there is 0 on the floor and there IS 0 in the back, there should be no reason for anything other than an order being lodged.

All Locu should be for is to insure everything in the backroom is where is believed it should be. A master list of all the locations in type would be nice. Like Plug and its gives line listings of all the shelves (and pictures)

If we're talking wish lists here, add previous location support and indication if an item is part of an assortment. More often then you'd think, items are either LOCU'd or incorrectly counted when backstocked, so a baffle might exist that leaves items in a unregistered location. Having this previous information might help "find" misplaced items (or at least improve through the audit tool). An indicating if an item is part of an assortment will definitely help locate shippers and or transitional pallet items that aren't located (we rarely locate mini/seasonal pallets of transition btw).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back