Archived Locu'ing baffles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I know that this has been talked about numerous times, but I can't seem to find where I read all this information on the old forum. I remember reading discussions about the backroom locu'ing a location if they come across a baffle in order to remove it and not have it count against them. I remember it was looked down upon and wasn't recommended but I don't remember all of the details. I recently found out that our backroom has started to do this and I'd like to know all the information before I approached anyone about it.

IMHO I would never discourage anyone from LOCU'ing and reSTOing in my back room! They are doing this to avoid using the M-Delete function because they have probably been talked to about M-Deleting too quickly. So, in their minds if they avoid the M-Delete function then no one can yell at them for using it wrong, right? =) They are accomplishing the same thing by LOCUing, they are deleting a ghost out of that location by not reSTOing it. I have not gotten confirmation on this but from my understanding of the system this should NOT cause an error but if it does it's only ONE single error since BRLA cares only about number of scans, not quantity if eaches directly. Your team is helping you out by fixing any other potential errors in that location by using LOCU instead of M-Delete so I would encourage this behavior if it isn't severely impacting productivity. I would also make sure they KNOW that using M-Delete when it's appropriate isn't something they should ever feel they need to shy away from either.

I think it's bullcrap to cheat the system like that. Overstressed logistic TLs and ETLs trying to cover their asses, by making their numbers look better in a way that is NOT best practice. M-Delete is there for a reason. If it's just the LOG-TLs and/or the ETL-LOG, then I would take the issue to the STL, and see what he/she says.

I would also make sure they KNOW that using M-Delete when it's appropriate isn't something they should ever feel they need to shy away from either.

MisterLogistics, you seem "overstressed" yourself! It's not cheating the system to do something that completely fixes all errors, known and unknown, in a location to improve the data integrity in your replenishment process. If the TM's believe they are cutting a corner, so be it! They are in fact making certain all the information the system has for every item in that location is accurate. If they are still able to maintain their pull times then it's a win/win. Again, that's my opinion. It's not to cheat a number, it's to improve our ability to fill the floor.

MisterLogistics, you seem "overstressed" yourself! It's not cheating the system to do something that completely fixes all errors, known and unknown, in a location to improve the data integrity in your replenishment process. If the TM's believe they are cutting a corner, so be it! They are in fact making certain all the information the system has for every item in that location is accurate. If they are still able to maintain their pull times then it's a win/win. Again, that's my opinion. It's not to cheat a number, it's to improve our ability to fill the floor.

The point MisterLogistics is making is that exiting out of a batch and using LOCU, then having to get back into a batch to finish pulling IS a waste of time! There is a tool M-Delete that was specifically made to correct errors while in a batch... The only reason to not use this tool is to avoid the mistake counting as an error! The viewpoint that it is ok is a short term way of looking at it! Try and think long-term... You can either 1) Use this locu method, and allow your BR to be less efficient but still accurate or 2) Allow your BRLA to be as accurate of an representation of your process as possible, use this number as a tool to pinpoint where errors in your process are taking place, and problem solve these issues so in the next few months, your BRLA is green and your BR is that much more efficient!

Maybe if salesfloor TMs stop being idiots and grab items in the back without telling the single BRTM working in the backroom, location accuracy wouldnt be a problem.

Rock, I agree with everything you are saying. If I implied in any way that it was efficient, I apologize. My point is that it can be EFFECTIVE over the short term, especially if you are having widespread issues with BRLA. It is a band-aid. It isn't something to do all the time and we don't. If you have great BRLA it would rarely come up and would be unnecessary. If you don't have good BRLA and have a ton of M-Deleting going on this is something to consider along with all the long term solutions you should be getting after. So if I hear that someone is LOCUing in my back room and is still making their pull times and all of their daily routines, I wouldn't object and we have been green bar for over a year.

Rock, I agree with everything you are saying. If I implied in any way that it was efficient, I apologize. My point is that it can be EFFECTIVE over the short term, especially if you are having widespread issues with BRLA. It is a band-aid. It isn't something to do all the time and we don't. If you have great BRLA it would rarely come up and would be unnecessary. If you don't have good BRLA and have a ton of M-Deleting going on this is something to consider along with all the long term solutions you should be getting after. So if I hear that someone is LOCUing in my back room and is still making their pull times and all of their daily routines, I wouldn't object and we have been green bar for over a year.

Good Response! I guess I have been in too many stores that have been broken process wise, I am starting to assume they all require that level of problem solving :)

And I just recognized that the title of this thread is "Locu'ing baffles". M-Deletes and the LOCU process we were talking about deal with ghosts. I'm nerdy, I know! :(

It's sounding like I should talk to the TL to make sure he knows that it's going on and if he has a strategy in place or maybe just to catch myself up to speed on what is going on in the backroom.

My next question conerns on hand counts, when you locu a location does the ghost move to the OH counts or is it just removed from the system? I know as a ghost it shows up as an on hand just in the backroom but what does the locu function do to merchandise?

It's sounding like I should talk to the TL to make sure he knows that it's going on and if he has a strategy in place or maybe just to catch myself up to speed on what is going on in the backroom.

My next question conerns on hand counts, when you locu a location does the ghost move to the OH counts or is it just removed from the system? I know as a ghost it shows up as an on hand just in the backroom but what does the locu function do to merchandise?

No backroom function changes OH numbers... The only in store functions that will change OH numbers (outside of POS) is defectives, RSCH, and the Pricing functions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back