Archived LOD issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

toredandkhaki

Throw me somewhere in the store, I'll stick
So, I hate to sound like a complainer, but two situations really igrinded my gears tonight...
First, two scammers come through my one cashiers line with clearly fake coupons, being on the lanes myself, I told them I can authorize the limit of 4 coupons for a transaction for each of them,but nothing further (didn't really have the time to get into an argument about the validity of the coupons), so they ask to speak to my LOD, and lo and behold she lets them use 40 clearly fake coupons and don't end up paying a dime..

Second, someone comes to guest services and says they talked to a manager and they said that we'd give him a 25 dollar gift card for having to come up and return something. .I knew he was full of shit, and I called her up to reiterate what I had told him. .and he ends up with a 25 dollar gift card..

Sorry I had to vent, has anyone else had problems like this?

I know it sounds bad but sometimes you just have to roll with it. Ultimately your still being paid the same either way. I would let your AP leader know and leave it at that.

This has to do with the culture at your store. My store has empowered people like yourself to make those decisions and tell people no. Fortunately I work in a store where the leaders aren't scared to tell people no out of fear that the vibe score will suffer.

This is why Targets going down the shit hole. People like that become 'leaders' while good people don't get anywhere.

Eh. My store has it's good and bad days with this kind of stuff. I feel for the most part we're good at not tolerating frauders. But stuff still gets by depending on the situation and who is handling it. You just have to role with the punches. Just make sure you keep your AP well informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back