Archived LOD routine

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am a srgstl and due to that, have about 2 LOD shifts a week. I both open and close. Does anyone have an organized routine checklist they go through that has been recognized for being really good by their stl or anything?

Also, when delegating tasks as LOD, how do you respond to push back from etls or even just team leads about what you are prioritizing?

Thank you!

From another thread:
Generally, check email and reporting, check in with team, knock out early workload, recognition, assign breaks and lunches, check in with ETL or LOD, lunch, check in with team, investigate 1 or 2 issues with at least an hour to spare, send out email follow up on said issues. Follow up reporting. I always save cca's and coaching for the end.

keynesian

Yes we have started end to end...which destroys the amount of people scheduled on non truck days....and that would be awesome indigo!

I was under the impression that the LOD was disappearing with E2E. Assistant Stores Managers (ETLs) address issues pertaining to their areas in the morning and SrTLs hold down the fort during close.

Looks like that may be on the horizon, rather than part of the current e2e. At least that's what has been shared with me.

Couldn't find my paper, but here is my general schedule. Definitely not perfect, but it's somewhere to start.

Opening:
-Email, payroll, sales forecast, etc.
-Check in w/ TLs on floor (usually flow is there before a little before LOD, so checking in for call outs, how the truck is, etc).
-Walk backroom (check truck unload, see what was left from last night, check what's going on w/ Plano)
-Start walking floor to make a list of things to work on for the morning (I do this before our 7am leadership walk, where anyone who has LOD shifts all walk together to check for opps and such, I find my day goes much better w/ my STL if my list already has things he noticed on it, and I'm trying to learn from my ETL LOG who is the master of noticing these things and fixing them)
-Type list out, delegating to the team I'll have for the day (I split it into sections with their name at the top, then cut out a square to give them, print out a master copy to check off from for myself).
-Open doors, check in w/ front end, anyone on salesfloor
-Sometimes I'll take my break
The rest of the day is then trying to check in on my areas, keeping on top of the list/checking in with people, keeping on top of abandons, etc. My openings are a bit less structured than my closes.

Closing:
-Check email, payroll, sales forecast, etc.
-Hand-off w/ ETL LOG, walk floor
-Partner w/ closing TL (mine is the VML so she sort of runs SL and I focus on the rest, but my store is terrible at training so I tend to still run SL as well)
-PCV between 4-5, check early in case it's weirdly large (I have had it be over 100 items before...)
-Every hour I walk through each block to take abandons off endcaps, out of handbaskets, check for abandoned carts, etc. and delegate to people, push them myself if I have time, or add them to CAFs if they're on the line, something my first TL did when I started :rolleyes:
-Make sure I check that I am logged into Redwire each hour so we don't miss MyFAs or have someone go into compliance
-Follow up w/ salesfloor on how CAFs are going (some people you have to check in with multiple times an hour so they don't take too long
-Once CAFs are done (ideally by 5, but sometimes not until later) I delegate zone areas. My store isn't great about zoning so we often do 2-3 min zones per aisle instead of something more in depth so they get through the entire department.
-Ideally I'd find time to work on some things in my departments, but it doesn't always happen. Really depends on how busy we are.
-Backroom leaves between 6-7 so I have to pull MyFAs for the rest of the night so I tend to go get a PDA belt after lunch.
-Check in w/ TL partner, help her look at zone + strategize pickups as needed.
-Cafe signoff around 8
-Bundles for GSA/GSTL at 9
-Starbucks sign off around 9:20
-Cart attendant usually leaves at 9:30 so I become responsible for carts as well because I don't like sending TMs out in the dark in our area.
-Close doors at 10, if there are any abandons left at the front I divide them into handbaskets and line them up in front of the lanes and call out for everyone to take one after they clear the floor. It's much faster for everyone to do 3 minutes of abandons than me to push them during safe & secure walk, and this makes me the only closing LOD that doesn't leave abandons at the end of the night which was supposed to be a non-negotiable "come into my office" conversation at my store.
-Take care of 239, let team out
-Walk floor w/ GSA/GSTL
-Make sure everything is armed, write email
-One last check for carts, I just push them up to the doors since I'll have armed by now
-Drive around building, make sure trailers have their lock
-FINALLY GO HOME

My STL always closes w/ ETL HR and they don't leave the store looking good. I wouldn't say anyone at my store has a list approved by him, but he has his favorites that aren't the ones that do get things done so for my routine his approval doesn't work. :rolleyes:

-Walk floor w/ GSA/GSTL
-Make sure everything is armed, write email
i got along great with my etl ap as a gsa and closed a lot. did a lot of security walks. it got to the point hr gave me 15 minute clock out credit for my closes like a sr tl to prevent me from doing a punch correction every close. new etl team, no one ever asked me to do one. i still make sure they arm everything/lock everything.

funniest thing is you never expect to find someone during a security walk. so you're just half hearted looking everywhere. ran into an overnight team we didn't know about. scared the shit out of me.

Any tips on how the LOD can drive sales? I like the idea of dropping manual CAFs...

Any tips on how the LOD can drive sales? I like the idea of dropping manual CAFs...
Depends if you have the team to pull + push them. If you drop too many and they sit in the gun that won't help. Also depends on what LOD shift you're working. In the morning we do a lot of filling, but afternoon/evening tends to be for abandons and zoning.

I think putting ads in the baskets would lead to a mess. People already dump abandons in hand baskets so I wouldn't add to it even if we had enough copies. I assume all stores have an ad board you could suggest people take a gander at. What I would recommend instead is during huddles bring a copy of the ad and show some of the things that you'd consider more popular/bigger ticket stuff to the team so they can suggest to guests. Saves paper and gives TMs info in one go.

I think putting ads in the baskets would lead to a mess.
Lmao, that's putting it mildly.
indigo25 said:
What I would recommend instead is during huddles bring a copy of the ad and show some of the things that you'd consider more popular/bigger ticket stuff to the team so they can suggest to guests. Saves paper and gives TMs info in one go.
No one, and I mean no one at my store would do that. Good idea, but when your entire closing staff is min wage, PT students who already are loaded with work, it's not gonna happen. I'll just be impressed when they hit the call buttons on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back