Archived LOD shift advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcardroy

ETL-AP
Ill be doing an LOD shift with our STL next week. What advice could you give an intern on exceeding expectations during my LOD shift?

when you do your walk, actually walk the backroom as well. most LODs only walk the salesfloor. then later in the day, they have no idea why the backroom looks the way it does. A lot of people fail to realize, but a backed up backroom can lose a lot of sales. make sure you get solid plans from ALL of your leaders

Not a TL/SR/ETL but here's my recommendations/guesses from TM standpoint

-Make sure all batches will get dropped on time and backroom is on it. Help pull batches if needed
-Make sure no flex fills are missed. If BR TM needs help with flex fill locating item, get with them before they cancel item of course
-Be apart of the closing team, help out wherever you can with zones or reshop
-Check in with team members individually to make sure they feel like they are ahead. If they need support, and if you have extra TMs send them they're way.
-Prepare a team member huddle or lead it
-Don't show a fake personality
-Check in on sales to make sure you guys get close or hit sales, recognize team for that. Basically recognize team individually. They will appreciate tgat

It will start with a great handoff. I grab equipment on my way upstairs, check sales, print the closing email and a grid, and meet up with the opener. I like to verify that all of the follow-up issues from the closing email have been addressed. Make sure you get a good picture of where the store stands--task list, price changes, red cards, pulls in the gun, pulls on the line, reshop, etc. . . Then make a plan for the night. I think your STL would want to see that you are looking at the overall state of things rather than passively listening to whatever the opener has to say. Of course, your store might do great handoffs already. Not so at mine.

Have a huddle. Keep it short, but offer some good info. Sales, upcoming brand launches, etc. . . .

You should spend most of your night following up with your team and making sure they are guest focused, but also on task. My store, LOD pulls flex after BR leaves. Spend some quality time assessing the store, so you can leave great info for the opener the next day. I think a good, meaningful assessment of the store would earn brownie points too.

Otherwise, the standard stuff--cash office, final walk and perimeter check, read the rest of your emails/check redwire/reports, etc. . . .

Status with the TMs occasionally during your laps, support them with their end caps.

Plan ahead and have a back-up plan for the worst case scenario.

Motivate.

Keep reshop at a minimum, always include lessening the amount of carts on your closes.

from a front end perspective--

we don't (at least at my store) call backup just for fun-- so if we need it, calling people out by name to make sure they're responding would be good.
also just helping us make sure everyone is collecting their reshop before stuff overflows

from a front end perspective--

we don't (at least at my store) call backup just for fun-- so if we need it, calling people out by name to make sure they're responding would be good.
also just helping us make sure everyone is collecting their reshop before stuff overflows
Well, some of my TMs like to press the button for no reason so does that count?

Also good luck if this hasn't already happened! I've seen a lot of interns absolutely freak when it's time for their LOD evaluation. Keep calm and pray that the red card gods show mercy upon your soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back