Archived LODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else being told to not use "LOD" anymore? We're being told repeatedly "Do not say LOD. We don't use LOD anymore. Just say the person's name or 'Team Lead'."

Point Person is the new term but I'd use their name or TL

I never call any of my LODs I go by name all the time since I've been there 1+ year..

In my store there’s no E-LOD when the STL is in the store. There’s a closing LOD MON-FRI. Weekends there’s an E-LOD & an L-LOD. That changed a few months ago in my store.

The phrase LOD will phase out company wide soon. Person you should be going to for everything is your workcenters Lead(s), if not then your leader, and if they both aren't there then call the manager that is there.

System works pretty great and it's one of my favorite changes.

And of course the company will spend millions and millions having pre-meetings, meetings, and posr-meetings. Then more on new software using new terminology. Then more on ....

Damn, can't we just sell Tide and curtains? I have enough to do other than what to call the person who can't be bothered to defuse angry guest complaints.

The phrase LOD will phase out company wide soon. Person you should be going to for everything is your workcenters Lead(s), if not then your leader, and if they both aren't there then call the manager that is there.

Same at my store & I like it, as well, especially when one of my TMs call out. Before, half the time I wouldn't know about a call out until I was looking for that TM over walkie. 🙄

🤣 Sure, that works great and is a time saver, having to pass along information 3 times to 3 different people before someone can act on it.

🤣 Sure, that works great and is a time saver, having to pass along information 3 times to 3 different people before someone can act on it.
Maybe you misunderstood or are having a bad experience with it, but that's exactly what this eliminates. You work directly with your department leader on all projects so there's no he said she said business with the managers.

The three different people I mentioned is the hierarchy of who you should be calling on the walkie depending on who's there, not calling all of them lol.

Maybe you misunderstood or are having a bad experience with it, but that's exactly what this eliminates. You work directly with your department leader on all projects so there's no he said she said business with the managers.

The three different people I mentioned is the hierarchy of who you should be calling on the walkie depending on who's there, not calling all of them lol.
Phone call.
"Hey, I'm running late."
"Okay, please hold."
Tell immediate boss, who refers to next highest. Tell next highest, who refers to LOD. Tell LOD. Meanwhile call has rang back about 4 times during all this.

Phone call.
"I want to talk to a manager."
Tell boss, referred to next highest, refer to LOD, refer back down to GS. Meanwhile guest is pissed because call has rang back about 5 times.

Ask about duties of the day. Bounced all around the hierarchy rather than going straight to the LOD who was left the instructions, and 10 minutes of my shift that could be spent doing my duties is gone forever.

Guest issue on the floor. Guest bounced around between the hierarchy as the issue is bounced around rather than the TM being empowered to get the right person in the first place.

Trying to remember who has what place in the hierarchy each particular day, rather than being certain of where to go.

Dude I just ask who is running the floor or flat out say there is a call for mansger on 228blah. I dont have time for this petty crap I got back up to do, call boxes to grab, truck to push, electronics and beauty to cover, and hit lunch before compliance. Oh and I am the only one in apparel for the next 3hrs. Word usage is not on my list of fucks to give

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back