Archived Longtime tms being targeted consistently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if there is a clear pattern of etls bullying longtime tms and jot touching the new ones who clearly arent doing their jobs would a hotline call do anything or is this a tough it out situation? Our store is small everyone knows everything and right now we have 3 well polished 3+yr tms on the verge of ca. One of them is a 5 or 6yr. Currently we have new people who are perms hired right shy of seasonal that are lazy and pal around together causing problems like rumors. The spike in talks to regular tms that have been there for a while (and never been coached) is pretty disturbing. We heard target was culling the older tms because we dont adapt well to the new ways but i shrugged that off as paranoia. Right now I feel like its not :/ anyway ling story short burry head in sand or cry to mom?

Not at my store. While it’s not official, ETLs and TLs don’t really care how we treat new people, but not in a bad way. They have confidence in all of us that were teaching them correctly. I don’t think a hotline call would really do anything because the ETLs can be harsher on you if they want unfortunately. Ultimately everyone should be punished for doing things wrong, but they probably are just giving the new TMs some leeway because they aren’t as experienced. Just keep doing your best.

Ok I have only called the hotline once and that was in the case of an older tm (age not target time ) being treated badly by an hrtm who later got termed for her actions. I dont take hotline calls lightly at all they really are about serious matters. Im just hot under the collar about my good tms being coached I suppose they are really wasting their lives at spot -_-. Ok aaaaand breath. So ostrich style until moral approves is the name of the new year I suppose

Ok I have only called the hotline once and that was in the case of an older tm (age not target time ) being treated badly by an hrtm who later got termed for her actions. I dont take hotline calls lightly at all they really are about serious matters. Im just hot under the collar about my good tms being coached I suppose they are really wasting their lives at spot -_-. Ok aaaaand breath. So ostrich style until moral approves is the name of the new year I suppose
Yeah, hotline wouldn’t really do anything here unfortunately because the ETLs are doing the correct thing by coaching the veteran TMs (if they are truly breaking the rules). A case could be made that the ETLs know the new TMs are breaking the rules and they aren’t taking action, but I’d recommend you just talk to your HR or even the STL about it instead of calling the hotline, as the info would just go back to them anyways.

I am going to have a sitdown with my HR I dont trust my stl. Hopefully my hr will at least just help me unload some concerns I love my fellow lifers but if somethings up I dont see I dont wanna get my butt fried for nothing. I just hope it all doesnt get worse and I am just feeding off a paranoia bug :/

As much as talking to your HR is a good thing (there are great HR TM out there), some of them are in co-hoots with the STL, so be careful. At my store, I have noticed that the "lifers" were getting targeted. They left just a few lifers alone since they are extremely knowledgeable or to make it look good. It seems that if you are with Spot for more than a few years and aren't a TL or higher, you are on the chopping block. I also think the lifers start to figure out how things work around there and realize that it doesn't make sense.

One reason could be that the new team members are being let go after seasonal period. I have someone that should be on a CA but the ETL over them said they weren't keeping them so I diden't follow through with it. There's so much more going on now that it would be better to focus on the future than to spend an hour typing up the CA then trying to schedule a time where I could talk to them offstage and waste even more of both of our times.

What is a CA?

Corrective Action esentially a probabtion period after a certain behavior has become a problem. Example one of my team members has a major attendance issue has been talked to several times over 6 months and now has to sign a paper saying that they have been coached several times and have 60 days to a year (this is asants i think ours is a year) to never be late or call out or risk a more severe punishment up to termination
What is a CA?

The way I see it is you need a little of both. I feel my store has a good mix of experienced tms who know the ropes and are eager to help others.

But also some new tms who are hungry and eager to to learn.

Too much of either is problematic -- a team full of experience can get complacent and a team full of newbies wont get anything done.

Your store benefits nothing from getting rid of old team members for new ones. Stores aren't judged on how few tms they give benefits too. Trust me

a team full of experience can get complacent
3993915.jpg

Your store benefits nothing from getting rid of old team members for new ones. Stores aren't judged on how few tms they give benefits too. Trust me

Its nice to know that at least. I totally agree it gets stale with the same people even if you do work well with them I enjoy training seasonals who are eager to learn the ropes and have good work ethics. Kinda of keeps you from getting to complacent in your work. We didnt have any of those this year in my dept though some promising market and electronics people though! Just gonna burry my head and keep an eye open for knives in my backside for a while that time of year is coming where fat gets trimmed I suppose -_-

Document all events. Be careful of here say. There could be other factors on the older tm's, you might not be aware. Calling the hotline is not the answer. You can talk to your etl on your concerns about you, not them.
On the hrtm who termed, spot had documented events on them from mgt to term them. You can't fired anyone without proper documentation first, not here say alone.

I figured it was something like that. I've always heard it as PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) in the cubefarm world.

Of course they can. Most of our cart attendants hate their job, complain about how cold it is, roll their eyes when asked to wipe down carts, sound annoyed everytime they're told they are needed on A13.

We hired a new seasonal who is always eager to learn, help with carryouts. Over walkie he sounds excited when he's called to an area

It's cool because some of our other cart attendants have started working harder.

So yes complacency can set in

More experienced doesn't mean they can do no wrong.

After watching the forums from the shadows for some time now I completely agree. With some all experience seems to be for them is figuring out how to get away with things for longer. I fall into that hole sometimes checking a text in the backroom or taking an extra few mins on break when its super slow and I wont be missed. Its so easy to slip into the mindset of I have been here for x amount of years so I deserve it. Thats the point I think a new job should be sought I think.

Im glad I posted my anxiety gets the better of me sometimes but you all always seem to get my head right again lol. Let managemwnt do their silly things and mind your own corner of target land things will crumble or roll on as they will.

COuld be trying to phase out those that cost more payroll wise in order to keep “new hires “ or hire seasonal workers to full time in order to keep payroll dollars down

COuld be trying to phase out those that cost more payroll wise in order to keep “new hires “ or hire seasonal workers to full time in order to keep payroll dollars down

How much each person makes is not relevant to store payroll. Stores don't look at which TM gets paid more and schedule them less.

Payroll is all about the work "hours." Each store is given a number of hours to allocate to different work centers. You could get paid $11 or $15 but working 1 hour still means that the store used up 1 payroll hour.

Nope, Maybe that's how it goes at the DC.

One of the top metrics for stores is retention. You don't keep a high retention by replacing great experienced tms with seasonals who may have no intention of staying.

How much each person makes is not relevant to store payroll. Stores don't look at which TM gets paid more and schedule them less.

Lmao right...

Stores are limited on how many 3s 2s and 1s they can give when it comes to raises. They are also limited on how much they can pay external hires.

Otherwise we just schedule people.

When I was a zoner, I most always got all my tasks done and would always get sent to help out in other departments. I did not mind, but it became ridiculous when we were busy and I would be rushing to get my area done and probably wouldn't be able to help out else where, this one tl would always stop to say while looking at the distance of aisles I still had to go, "I don't see this getting done, is something wrong?" I would get my area done, not sure if that was supposed to be pep talkie. I never answered the way he wanted an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back