Looking for feedback

Usiris

Greenfield Dev
Hey all,

I work on an internal product called Greenfield(https://greenfield.target.com). Specifically I lead the mobile engineering efforts and User Experience on the U.S side.

With peak coming up, its hard for us to get store and DC visits scheduled; if you have used Greenfield, we'd love to hear from you as to how we can make it easier to use or fix any issues(or just any feedback in general).

Thank you

A quick link on the Zebra desktop that would automatically log us in through Gatekeeper would be great. It would be very helpful when we need to quickly look something up and don't have the time or don't want to go offstage to find an available computer Chromebox. Access on a Zebra is somewhat tedious right now.

Filters - I don’t know if this is specific to each card/dashboard and the person who created them, but some cards automatically filter to my home store (which is great!) and others require me to go in and filter it myself, which is an extra step each time. Also, I’d like the ability to unfilter it if I want to see how other stores are doing, so I can compare them to mine. But I want it to default to my own store.

Mobile navigation - if you’re in a dashboard with lots of cards, it’s difficult to scroll up and down sometimes. It’s easy on a desktop to just scroll with the mouse wheel though.

Edit - just a side note, greenfield is an awesome tool, so keep it up!

Last edited:
Hey all,

I work on an internal product called Greenfield(https://greenfield.target.com). Specifically I lead the mobile engineering efforts and User Experience on the U.S side.

With peak coming up, its hard for us to get store and DC visits scheduled; if you have used Greenfield, we'd love to hear from you as to how we can make it easier to use or fix any issues(or just any feedback in general).

Thank you
Also bring back the pull information, where I can see who pulled and how long it took them to pull a batch . As well as the irs , all I see is complete or incomplete part of it but not if I all the dpcis has been found.

That isn't the result of filters, but access control on the datasets themselves. Some (most, actually) datasets limit the availability of information for different groups. TMs and TLs can usually only see information about their store while ETLs and SDs can see information about their district. There are datasets where TMs and TLs can also see district-wide information, but it's not that common (it seems like an oversight, if anything).

You can save the actual filters you see so that they're automatically in place whenever you access that same card/dashboard. Just tick the "Save as Default Filter" checkbox when filtering and you're set.
Gotcha, that’s what I was afraid of. I swear I always save the filters as default but it doesn’t always stick, but I could be wrong on that.

You can sort of do that already. Go into your Quicklinks area, toggle MPD - Assets Protection, and click on Backroom DPCI. Filter by Store (yours), Activity (Pull), and TM # (those you wish to look up), then select a date by clicking on the green calendar icon. You can see what they pulled and when, which should be enough to give you an idea of how long it took them (first pull at 7am and last pull at 8:15am, for instance). No way to filter by fillgroup, but you get a DPCI and item description for each pull to help track what batch was being pulled.
I know I can do that , but it was much easier before , I want in detail without to much filtering . We don’t have that much time to filter .

That isn't the result of filters, but access control on the datasets themselves. Some (most, actually) datasets limit the availability of information for different groups. TMs and TLs can usually only see information about their store while ETLs and SDs can see information about their district. There are datasets where TMs and TLs can also see district-wide information, but it's not that common (it seems like an oversight, if anything).

TMs can see company wide overview information for OPUs. I can't see individual TM information at other stores, but I can see how any store is performing for any given period of time. (Fun Fact: Very few stores are green for picked on time this year because half an hour was an unreasonable expectation.) I hope it's not an oversight that will get fixed. Checking out where my store ranked in the district for the previous week lets me know ahead of time if my SD is going to have a sudden fixation on one of our metrics.

A quick link on the Zebra desktop that would automatically log us in through Gatekeeper would be great. It would be very helpful when we need to quickly look something up and don't have the time or don't want to go offstage to find an available computer Chromebox. Access on a Zebra is somewhat tedious right now.

Just a quick note on this; We're working on overhauling our login process. There are a few issues we're working on sorting out before we can start on implementation a solution; we have a limited number of solutions available and we're doing some R&D into each to figure out which one will best resolve as many use cases as possible.

Last edited:
I'd be nice to compare the district stores overall plano set on time percentage, not by individual blocks (transition, home, revision, etc).

The Backroom Detail Report desperately needs to be fixed so it blames the TM who created the error, not the TM who found the error.

The current report encourages retaliation against TMs who scan the "wrong" item or press All Items Scanned, and encourages much more cheating since it's no longer anonymous who found an error.

The Backroom Detail Report desperately needs to be fixed so it blames the TM who created the error, not the TM who found the error.

The current report encourages retaliation against TMs who scan the "wrong" item or press All Items Scanned, and encourages much more cheating since it's no longer anonymous who found an error.
OP is looking for feedback for mobile functionality not specific card issues. Also there’s no way to track that. They do track potential TM error which is typically only when you get an error for an item that is almost identical to an item a TM backstocked in that location.

An example would be those Neutrogena wipes that have a different DPCI/UPC for their sidecap even though the items are the same. Let’s say you have 2 of one kind and 1 of another. TM A backstock them all as the same thing. If TM B scans the odd one out and generates an error. TM A will pop up on the potential TM who created error report as the system is assuming TM A made a mistake backstock but realistically there is no way track who created it.
If you never hit AIS and you read/ look at the picture you should have an almost perfect BRLA, yes you’re not fixing any errors but you’re also not creating any. It’s a lose-lose situation

OP is looking for feedback for mobile functionality not specific card issues. Also there’s no way to track that. They do track potential TM error which is typically only when you get an error for an item that is almost identical to an item a TM backstocked in that location.

An example would be those Neutrogena wipes that have a different DPCI/UPC for their sidecap even though the items are the same. Let’s say you have 2 of one kind and 1 of another. TM A backstock them all as the same thing. If TM B scans the odd one out and generates an error. TM A will pop up on the potential TM who created error report as the system is assuming TM A made a mistake backstock but realistically there is no way track who created it.
If you never hit AIS and you read/ look at the picture you should have an almost perfect BRLA, yes you’re not fixing any errors but you’re also not creating any. It’s a lose-lose situation
The old system tracked it properly. If it could guess who made the error (ie, you backstock and the next TM can't find it, it would blame you), it'd blame that TM, and if it couldn't, it would blame nobody. The TM who found the error being blamed was a new problem once old myPerformance went away.

And I would consider it general feedback, it's not like there's anyone else to tell about it. 🤷

The old system tracked it properly. If it could guess who made the error (ie, you backstock and the next TM can't find it, it would blame you), it'd blame that TM, and if it couldn't, it would blame nobody. The TM who found the error being blamed was a new problem once old myPerformance went away.

And I would consider it general feedback, it's not like there's anyone else to tell about it. 🤷
BRLA is just a pull accuracy metric now. I agree it’s not always fair to blame the one pulling but that’s the only time you didn’t errors anyway. Every week I challenge my bottom performers to improve and my backroom is sitting 98-99% every week after being 80ish when I got to this store. Almost green YTD so that’s what I’m focused on. Training to pull more accurately helps the team understand the importance of backstocking properly

BRLA is just a pull accuracy metric now. I agree it’s not always fair to blame the one pulling but that’s the only time you didn’t errors anyway. Every week I challenge my bottom performers to improve and my backroom is sitting 98-99% every week after being 80ish when I got to this store. Almost green YTD so that’s what I’m focused on. Training to pull more accurately helps the team understand the importance of backstocking properly
Simply not scanning the baffles doesn't make the BRLA more accurate, it just means the errors are being hidden and the counts will be thrown off when it gets researched to 0.

The counts on almost everything in my store are wrong, and I suspect this is a big reason why- it didn't start until our ETL started demanding people "pull to the picture".

Simply not scanning the baffles doesn't make the BRLA more accurate, it just means the errors are being hidden and the counts will be thrown off when it gets researched to 0.

The counts on almost everything in my store are wrong, and I suspect this is a big reason why- it didn't start until our ETL started demanding people "pull to the picture".
Again I was saying training to pull more accurately helps the team understand the importance of backstocking properly. In the beginning sure we had to back out and audit the location more frequently but now barely ever so that’s clearly improvement. I agree pull to the picture doesn’t fix your errors I was simply stating teaching and training starting with pull to picture worked for us and the team has a better understanding of backroom accuracy. Everyone can speak to baffles and ghosts and does their best to avoid them both pulling and backstocking. Pull to picture is good if you’re teaching the team and taking the time to explain why you’re doing this. That’s why I’ll never be the “just do this” kind of leader. I take the time to make sure the team knows why I’m asking them to do something instead of just telling them to never hit AIS

👀 am I the only one that is skeptical?
This person leads mobile engineering etc and he is coming to an online non sanctioned spot site for feedback?There are all kinds of red flags here.
Its hard to get to store and DC visits scheduled? Why wouldn't they just put a survey on workbench? Be careful here guys

Yes to this. Leadership has trained most of the store to cheat the system but I refuse to. I expose every error that I come across, despite it making me look like the awful one.

This person leads mobile engineering etc and he is coming to an online non sanctioned spot site for feedback?There are all kinds of red flags here.
Its hard to get to store and DC visits scheduled? Why wouldn't they just put a survey on workbench? Be careful here guys

Hello, if it came across that I lead mobile for all of Target, then thats a failure on me. Just for the Greenfield application.

We're currently trying to get store and DC visits set up, but with peak prep already underway its been put on hold till next year.

To be clear, I dont want your team member info or your personal info. Just what you think we can do to make Greenfield better.

OP is looking for feedback for mobile functionality not specific card issues.

I'd love any feedback that's given. We're a small team and any pain points that team members are facing I want to address.

Back