Archived Looking for some answers for FDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be starting in the Freezer at an FDC soon doing Warehouse. I have no idea what I'll be doing or what will be expected of me I am just curious if someone could help me out and give me a little overview? Thank you!

Never seen an FDC TM post on here. Invest in gear that isn't provided (I'm thinking footwear and socks). I believe (some) FDC's are fairly automated. My old FDC had pallets stacked by robots, so I'm not sure what frozen TMs do there. @smashandthrash do the you know anything about FDC's? Good luck!

From anther thread:
There's only eight hour shifts at fdcs with the exception of QM and E&F. My shift is Sunday-Thursday 6am-2pm. There's "I" key which is Tuesday to Saturday and a J key that only gets 32 hours a week which covers Friday-Monday. There's a second shift that goes from 2pm-10pm as well.

The load team works a similar schedule except they come in an hour later and stay an hour late.

Codered95, Oct 29, 2015

Hey there! Work freezer in an fdc. Basically all you do is pick up boxes down pick aisles and stack them on caddies that ride next to you. Freezer gear is provided but I would still recommend dressing warm underneath. Be prepared for a lot of walking and lifting. Hope this helps, any other questions you have I can try and answer, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back