Lord of the Rings appreciation thread

phibot

When in doubt, vendor it out
Some of the jokes and memes about this season have been great

which is good because the season is 66% done and 100% trash so far

NKG

ugh I was pissed about Brienne and Jamie. Then Gendry and Arya.....to end the episode with a beheading.....[/spoilers]

I feel like Dany is 100% gonna go mad queen and Jon is gonna have to kill her and then he’ll end up on the throne. And I wouldn’t blame her at all after everything she’s lost and been through.

Antennae

BROPU
I wouldn't be surprised to see the two dudes in charge of GoT get one, maybe two more shots at a show before fading into nothing. It's so bad.

At least The Expanse books will be done before they come close to the show catching up. (Please don't cancel it again.)

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
Benioff and Weiss recently landed a couple big movie deals and from what I heard there's a huge pile of Disneybucks involved. It would certainly explain the phoned-in writing quality of the last few seasons.

NKG

I think the series will end with jon ruler of 7 kingdoms with Dany as his queen. Arya will be knighted. Sansa will have winterfell with Brianne, ghost and tormund. Sam and Gilly will have their baby. Gilly will leave it for the children of the forest and bam Night king all over again. I really don't think that happy ending will take place.

GoodyNN

Plays with strings; Bacon Number of 2
I wouldn't be surprised to see the two dudes in charge of GoT get one, maybe two more shots at a show before fading into nothing. It's so bad.

At least The Expanse books will be done before they come close to the show catching up. (Please don't cancel it again.)
Fun facts. The Expanse novels started out as a play-by-post role playing game on a forum I used to frequent. And one of the guys behind those novels is (or was) GRRM's personal assistant.

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
Benioff and Weiss recently landed a couple big movie deals and from what I heard there's a huge pile of Disneybucks involved. It would certainly explain the phoned-in writing quality of the last few seasons.
The phoned-in quality is because they don't have source material to work with. When they could just write from the novels, they diid great. They can't do that now and everything is pretty much meh.

I'm anticipating a Lost type ending where everyone is just disappointed and says, "why the fuck did I watch for this shit?"

Since we've already gotten the deus ex machina solution for the Night King, I'm fully expecting something equally stupid to end the whole series.

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
It's perfectly possible to come up with content that's both original and creative without a literary source, although it requires not being a hack or in this case, a pair of hacks.

The show, or at least the beginning of the show, was higher quality than the books because they heavily edited the source material for TV, which was a good thing because GRRM is a terrible writer. He's at least as overrated an author as JK Rowling. The books are sprawling tl;dr monstrosities larded up with GRRM's creepy fetishes and cringey self-inserts. Most if not all of the characters who are teens in the show were aged up about 5 years by the writers and it becomes obvious why if you read even a few chapters. All of his output is lowbrow pulp that thinks it is high literature. Nah.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
I so hope Bran is warging into the future to figure out to keep Danny from going mad.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
The last minute of Mountain and Hound was intense. It was one of the only couple decent storylines in the entire episode.

Just don't get in between Mountain and Hound...thats all I am saying.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The cinematography was excellent and for once, the battle tactics weren't pants-on-head retarded (artillery on/behind the walls, infantry staying within archer supporting range, etc). Obviously, the aim-bot exploit got patched out and all the ballista operators now have the aiming skills of stormtroopers but hey, it makes for entertaining visuals to finally see the dragon fucking up the Lannisters.

Arya's scenes made the episode decent for me. Her moment with the Hound and seeing the devastation while trying to escape King's Landing were great. Cleganebowl went about how I expected it to. Cersei and Emilia's character acting were fantastic. It's just a shame it was all overshadowed by one of the dumbest plot twists I have ever seen. "BURN THEM ALL EVEN THOUGH I'VE WON!!"

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
Imagine being a grunt animator down in the effects department and spending months waiting for your dragon scenes to render, only to watch the completed episode air and see the silliest writing in TV history spliced into your hard work

The cinematography was excellent and for once, the battle tactics weren't pants-on-head retarded (artillery on/behind the walls, infantry staying within archer supporting range, etc). Obviously, the aim-bot exploit got patched out and all the ballista operators now have the aiming skills of stormtroopers but hey, it makes for entertaining visuals to finally see the dragon fucking up the Lannisters.

Arya's scenes made the episode decent for me. Her moment with the Hound and seeing the devastation while trying to escape King's Landing were great. Cleganebowl went about how I expected it to. Cersei and Emilia's character acting were fantastic. It's just a shame it was all overshadowed by one of the dumbest plot twists I have ever seen. "BURN THEM ALL EVEN THOUGH I'VE WON!!"
Not all. Jaime and Cersie didn't burn.....

NKG

The series is gonna end with Sam telling little Sam the story of Westeros....

Kartman

MasterBlaster
They went the way of the Mountain and the Hound. No seeing them again!